Start by marking “Could It Be...Perimenopause?: How Women 35-50 Can Overcome Forgetfulness, Mood Swings, Insomnia, Weight Gain, Sexual Dysfunction, and Other Telltale Signs of Hormonal Imbalance” as Want to Read:

3.76  ·  Rating Details  ·  21 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
A groundbreaking & definitive guide to alleviating the symptoms most women experience during the decade before menopause. With a clear & compassionate discussion of both physical & emotional issues, Dr. Goldstein shows women how to exchange the chronic subtle & not-so-subtle symptoms of perimenopause for greater vitality & health.
Published November 1st 1998 by Little, Brown and Company

To ask other readers questions about Could It Be...Perimenopause?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Could It Be...Perimenopause?

Karla
Feb 19, 2012 Karla rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
I skimmed the parts that really either had no bearing on my personal situation or didn't interest me, but for what I DID read....talk about a load off my mind. Since July 2010, when my cycle went all wonky and 3 weeks out of 4 I felt like utter crap, I thought I was going crazy. Bloated, crabby, inexplicable muscle aches everywhere, headaches galore, constipation... Yeah, TMI, but there it is. The period that was predictable and mildly inconvenient before was becoming a 2-3 week long odyssey of ...more
Kerrie
Jul 15, 2012 Kerrie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
Well I'm glad to see that I'm not the only woman in her late thirties who was starting to wonder if the constant memory loss was Alzheimers. The other day I totally blanked on a password I enter multiple times a day.

Hormones are powerful little fuckers, and at this stage of life when they decide to pile onto the biological roller coaster and have their little joyride that lasts years, well... you're kind of a hostage to the whole ordeal. It sucks.

Goldstein has written a wonderful layman-level co
Gaijinmama
Feb 21, 2012 Gaijinmama rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: women aged 35 to 50
Shelves: nonfiction, self-help
I found this book out of sheer desperation...my body has really been kicking my butt since I turned 40. It was definitely a relief to know that other women go through this Change before the Change. I'm not thrilled that I may continue to go through it for a WHOLE DECADE.....AAAAARGH!! but the book was reassuring.
Warning, for those like me who are reluctant to take the Pill or hormones, the author definitely comes down on the side of modern medical science. I think he was kind of dismissive of n
Carolyn
May 19, 2014 Carolyn rated it liked it
A fun sort of reference book. But having started to read it while in the throes of menopause, I couldn't focus on it and never finished it (there's irony for you), was pretty much through with actual menopause by the time I got around to deciding to mark it "Read" on Goodreads.
Shannon
Feb 13, 2011 Shannon rated it really liked it
Helpful, too!
Linda Trem
Linda Trem marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2016
Annagins
Annagins rated it it was amazing
Jun 08, 2016
Lori
Lori rated it liked it
Sep 20, 2015
Michele
Michele rated it really liked it
Aug 02, 2015
Jcornell
Jcornell rated it it was amazing
Jul 09, 2015
Meg
Meg marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2015
Joan
Joan added it
Jun 11, 2015
Bethany
Bethany rated it really liked it
May 27, 2015
Brandi
Brandi rated it liked it
Feb 14, 2015
gloria rodgers
gloria rodgers marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2015
Jacques Willems
Jacques Willems marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2014
Deborah
Deborah marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2014
Joanne
Joanne rated it it was amazing
Jul 13, 2014
Eileen
Eileen marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2014
Pamela
Pamela rated it it was ok
May 15, 2014
Vivienne Connolly
Vivienne Connolly marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2014
Aeowin
Aeowin rated it liked it
Nov 09, 2015
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2014
Jalen
Jalen rated it really liked it
Jan 31, 2014
Jenny Fleming
Jenny Fleming is currently reading it
Aug 03, 2013
Wreader
Wreader marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2013
Amelia
Amelia rated it it was ok
Jul 17, 2013