Start by marking “200 Pomegranates And An Audience Of One: Creating A Life Of Meaning And Influence” as Want to Read:

200 Pomegranates empowers and inspires readers to develop their God-given talents and contribute something that makes a difference in the world, be it through construction or counseling, doing people 's taxes carefully and ethically, or raising and teaching children. Even if your contribution seems to go unnoticed by others, you can rest assured that God sees and values yo ...more
Published August 1st 2008 by Abingdon Press

To ask other readers questions about 200 Pomegranates And An Audience Of One, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 200 Pomegranates And An Audience Of One

Adam Shields
Aug 15, 2009 Adam Shields rated it really liked it
Shelves: lendable
This is a good book. The author is funny, thoughtful and has a point. The basic point of this book is that we need to work to the best of our ability and for God. The central biblical story is the building of the temple and the 200 pomegranates that were put on the top of the columns where no one could see them but God. The builder could have just not done anything up there but instead choose to put some of the best work there, for his audience of one (God).

Strangely I think it is a good complem
Katie Casey
Jan 23, 2010 Katie Casey rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2010favs
"Here is what I know about you: Right now there is a work in you that God has not given up on. You may have; but God has not."

In 200 Pomegranates, Shawn Wood looks at 10 verses from 1 Kings 7 that tell the story of Huram - a skilled craftsman from Tyre who is called upon by King Solomon to do some work in the Temple. His work? To create 2 columns 18 cubits high (~35 feet) on which he carved 200 pomegranates each. And all this beautiful craftsmanship was located at the top of the columns - in a p
Curtis Stephens
An inspiring book that helps you focus on performing for an audience of one. Whatever it is that you do, be great at it and do it for God's glory to be revealed.
Dec 02, 2009 Lillie rated it it was amazing
For those of us who wonder if what we do is important or has meaning, this book reassures us that if we are working for the Lord--an audience of one--what we do is less important than how we do it. Wood uses the example of Huram in the Old Testament, who created beautiful designs, including 200 pomegranates, according to God's instructions at the top of a 34' high pillar. Perhaps no other human ever saw the top of the pillar, but God did. And He sees what we do for Him as well. Very encouraging.
Jun 27, 2009 Gail rated it it was amazing
Still thinking about this one. It's a great afternoon read, but the thinking about the ideas goes on for days. This is a good book for anyone who wants to reflect on our motivation for what we do in this life. Personal evaluation and reflection on our worship and its connection to real life is what this book is all about. Very creative story used to make the point one that one won't soon forget. If nothing else, read it to find out what the title means!
Martin Spriggs
Apr 08, 2009 Martin Spriggs rated it it was amazing
Rarely have I read a book that has changed the way I live. Obviously the Bible does that daily. This book focuses on a fairly obscure section of scripture and makes it hit home, at least for me. It answers a couple of questions: 1) What should I spend my time "getting good at", and 2) What should my personal priorities be. Read it in one sitting. Awesome book Shawn!
Judy Upton
May 17, 2016 Judy Upton rated it really liked it
This selection was one of a Book Club hosted by my mentor in my home based business. It reminds me of the lessons learned through out my growing years in Sunday School and Church. But it challenges me to do more in every aspect of my life. A great read for any one.
Marcus Lynn
In this short (120 pages) book, Wood utilizes the brief story of Huram from 1 Kings 7 to show us how we should live (get great at something, do something, invest in things that last, work for an audience of one, and finish what you start).
Jul 23, 2010 Sue rated it liked it
Not bad, but I skimmed it. It's well written and I didn't disagree. But I'm not much for inspirational books right now. I think it was free on my Kindle and I needed to see what it was about.
Sep 24, 2008 Netta rated it it was amazing
It hit me right in the heart... being great at whatever God has placed in front of us! Stop looking to be something else and be the best we can be at what He's assigned us to.
So good!
Aug 23, 2009 Tanya rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
I'm not religious, but I enjoyed the stories and the overall message it had to give. The little humerous quips by the author were nice too
Susan Kerr
Jul 27, 2012 Susan Kerr rated it liked it

I just had a hard time getting really excited about this book. Perhaps I was just not in the mood.
Mar 04, 2015 Stan rated it liked it
Absorbing and interesting.
Thea rated it really liked it
Jul 27, 2016
R.E. Murphy
R.E. Murphy rated it really liked it
Jul 24, 2016
Paul B. Payne
Paul B. Payne marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2016
Debra Blasi
Debra Blasi rated it really liked it
Jun 26, 2016
Mary marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2016
Laura Montalvo
Laura Montalvo marked it as to-read
May 27, 2016
Brad Jordan
Brad Jordan marked it as to-read
May 15, 2016
Eril marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2016
Drew Coffman
Drew Coffman rated it liked it
Mar 17, 2016
'jeri rated it liked it
Mar 06, 2016
Pam Bennett
Pam Bennett rated it did not like it
Jan 25, 2016
Chris Jones
Chris Jones rated it it was ok
Jan 02, 2016
Debbie rated it it was amazing
Nov 12, 2015
Joslyn marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2015
Gina marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2015
Terrie Hywari
Terrie Hywari rated it really liked it
Sep 15, 2015