Start by marking “Live Free and Eat Pie!: A Storyteller's Guide to New Hampshire” as Want to Read:
Live Free and Eat Pie!: A Storyteller's Guide to New Hampshire

Live Free and Eat Pie!: A Storyteller's Guide to New Hampshire

3.67 of 5 stars 3.67  ·  rating details  ·  15 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Anyone who hopes to visit or has visited New Hampshire, and, heck, even anyone who lives there, will delight in this hilarious guide to the Granite State. Popular New Hampshire storyteller Rebecca Rule provides her interpretation of the state's history, culture, climate, attractions, vernacular, and more.
Published June 1st 2008 by Islandport Press (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Live Free and Eat Pie!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Live Free and Eat Pie!

We had our book discussion at noon and another in the evening with pies. Several of the participants read passages aloud, but Cathy's reading was the best. She brought the book alive with her expressive tone and New Hampshire accent. Reading the book was a 2 out of 5 stars for me, but hearing Cathy read was a 5 out of 5. She was hilarious, I laughed all the way home.
Nice work, heah. One for the coffee table, which of course, bein a wicked piece of furniture made from a lobster pot washed up on Hampton Beach, but that's another story, for when them who are not us pull the latch string and come over for a cup of sugar since their cookie recipe called for two and they only had one, and of course they hafta sit down for a hot cup of cider so they can read about the nitty-gritty details of why we all love it heah. Look forward to the others by my neighbah.
Isabel Wiggins
Written with good humor. Interesting for a newcomer to New Hampshire.
Humorous introduction to New Hampshire: the place, the people and the language. Much of it is based on stories the author has collected across the state over the years. You may not know where the facts end and the lies begin (the author is a professional storyteller), but you'll know New Hampshire better when you're done with this book.
Likely to make you giggle madly...even if you're not a native!
Christine marked it as to-read
May 30, 2015
Judy marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2015
Patty marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2014
Mark Mallett
Mark Mallett marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2013
Ruthnh marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2013