Start by marking “She, Myself & I” as Want to Read:
She, Myself & I

She, Myself & I

3.61 of 5 stars 3.61  ·  rating details  ·  562 ratings  ·  42 reviews
The Cassel sisters have little in common besides a pair of wacky parents and a maddening knack for eluding happily-ever-after endings. But when their lives require damage control, only a dose of sisterhood will do.

Paige, the oldest, is a go-getter divorce attorney who’s reeling from her own disastrously failed marriage–and the fact that her ex has suddenly come roaring out
Published September 27th 2005 by Bantam (first published January 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about She, Myself & I, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about She, Myself & I

Asking for Trouble by Elizabeth YoungA Bad Bride's Tale by Polly Williams32AA by Michelle CunnahManhunting by Jennifer CrusieA Promising Man by Elizabeth Young
Undies (no people!)
12th out of 28 books — 3 voters
The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants by Ann BrasharesNaked by David SedarisForever in Blue by Ann BrasharesLiving Dead Girl by Elizabeth ScottA Promising Man by Elizabeth Young
Clothing on the Cover
55th out of 92 books — 13 voters

More lists with this book...

Michelle
Liked this book for the many, many references to real life stuff that I always think, but rarely see reflected in books. Like this one,which I thought was hysterical:

"I slipped out of bed and padded to the bathroom. I had to pee and my breath was foul. I've never understood how in movies couples wake up and stare dreamily at each other first thing in the morning, falling into one another's arms before they use the bathroom or gargle mouthwash. Was I the only person who woke up with a mouth that
amy
Jul 08, 2012 amy rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2012
i'm still really liking whitney gaskell's style of writing after a couple of books. cute read, not quite as compelling as mommy tracked, but still held my attention. i could have done without the third sister though.. her subplot felt shallow.
siti rahmah
Truth be told, I have never read anything ‘fluffy’ before, so I was quite intrigue.

The book centered on not only ONE character but THREE! sisters going through life at a point of post-divorce from a gay husband (Paige), post-pregnancy and building a new career (Sophie) and dilemma on changing of career direction (Mickey). These, on top of the news that their long divorced parents, who cannot see face to face, are dating each other and may decide to tie the knot again!

Keep an open mind and you wi
Charity
After falling in love with Gaskell's style in Testing Kate, I had to rush out and check out some more of her books. Thankfully, my first experience with Gaskell's work wasn't a fluke, for this was another fun, fast read. A book about three sisters, told in three parts, from each sister's perspective. Very hard to put down at times. Cute!
Dawn
Very enjoyable. This is the first book by this author that I had the pleasure to read and can honestly say that I enjoyed it so much that I've since gone on to read all of her other books.
♥ Marlene♥
First book I've read by this author and I wanted to read one of her books for years now. Well it was worth the wait. This is a book about 3 sisters and they all have their voice, chapters in this book.
What I liked most is the humour. My kind of fun. A bit sharp and dark.

I will give a few examples:

What I also liked it was realistic, the way the family talked with each other. There are so many books where the conversations are so stupid, but here I felt like how I can speak to my sisters. recognit
Molica
I really wanted to like this book. I wanted to be able to finish it, but I couldn't.

I had some issue with the way the book was written. There were grammar mistakes and some short, choppy sentences that could have used some work. But, I liked the author's voice so I pressed on past it - I am willing to lower my standards grammatically if the story is compelling enough. I tried really hard to like the characters and, though I had some issues, I was doing decently up until the point that it switche
Joey
To be honest, I tried this book because I could not find my usual authors; but boy was I pleasantly surprised! She, Myself & I is such a good easy read, and very tough to put down. I am not sure my grades will thank me for it.

Paige, Sophie and Mickey are so lovable really, even if the middle sister came across as a whiny wife and sister. I loved the first section on Paige most, and I think that was what really kept me reading: her character, her bossy yet loving side, her insecurities with g
Emily
Christine Costello
this was a cute chick lit book. very light and enjoyable
Dawn Ashenbrenner
Okay for a light summer read.
Teena in Toronto
This book had possibilities. I liked the idea that it would be written with three different voices. But it came across as three bad Harlequin romances stuck together. I didn't care about any of the characters and the three sisters were so whiny and indecisive.

I did find the writing style pleasant to read ... that's the only reason I stuck with it 'til the end.

I wouldn't recommend this book.

Blog review: http://www.teenaintoronto.com/2007/01...
Miko Lee
Summer chick lit focused on three adult sisters and their love lives. Each woman a bit scarred by their parents tumultuous divorce when they were children. Each one stunned as their parents get back together. Not very well written or I insightful and very predictable. But a quick read nevertheless.
Sara
I really enjoyed this one. Told from three different perspectives, you still get to see what is happening in everyone's lives. Three very different stages in life - dating, marriage, children - but all with common themes of fear, loneliness, regret, joy and desire. Great read.
Amy
Interesting format - instead of a novel, it's more like three overlapping short stories. I, personally, liked the first one the best, with the oldest sister.

Set in Austin, Texas, if you're interested in that sort of thing.
Tina
Rediscovered this author at the library. I enjoy her writing style. Three sisters narrate this book in three sections. Quirky family drama with a happy ending. Nice and lite for summer reading.
Peggy Lo
i really enjoyed it- fun chick lit from the point of view of three difference sisters. they're all a little neurotic in their own ways but aren't we all?
Jen B
Jul 28, 2010 Jen B rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2010
An enjoyable story about three sisters all at different points in their lives, but there's nothing that really makes it stand apart from others in this genre.
Mia
This book was an easy and enjoyable read. The three sisters were interesting characters and the way their lives all inter connected was fun.
Vicki
I liked this book ... It was fun reading from each sisters perspective ... A little predictable at times but it made me smile quite a bit! :)
Sonia
Cute book with 3 sections each focusing on one of the sisters. It seemed a little unfinished, but was fine chick lit.
Catherine Schmidt
Chick lit. A snipet of time in the lives of three sisters, told sequentially in each of the sister's voices.
Kellie
Cute and light-hearted. Exactly what I needed for my first book after two and a half months of studying!
Cute chick lit, divided into 3 sections each told from the perspective of one of 3 sisters. 3.5 stars.
Shaheen
I especially liked during the mom's wedding when the sisters make fun of the guests. So real!
Patty
Cute simple book easy to read..... nice for a change from heavy books I've been reading
Marnie
I liked this book, but not as much as Whitney Gaskell's other book, "Mommy Tracked."
Elena
Fun, happy chick lit with happy endings all around which makes me happy.
Daneen
Story of three sisters--fairly predictable, but easy reading nonetheless.
Huey
Hilarious and witty, easy and nice book to read. A toast to sisterly love!
  • Lying With the Dead
  • Frontier Courtship
  • Raising Jake
  • The Half Life of Stars
  • Whitehorse
Growing up, Whitney Gaskell always wanted to become a writer. Then for some unknown reason, she went to law school. TABLE FOR SEVEN is Whitney's eighth book. She also writes the Young Adult GEEK HIGH series under the name Piper Banks.
More about Whitney Gaskell...
True Love (and Other Lies) Mommy Tracked Good Luck Testing Kate Pushing 30