Start by marking “Nancy Drew: #1-6 [Box Set]” as Want to Read:

The Mystery at Lilac Inn
The Secret of Shadow Ranch
The Secret of Red Gate Farm
Hardcover, 75th Anniversary , 1250 pages
Published August 15th 2005 by Applewood Books (first published 1930)

To ask other readers questions about Nancy Drew, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nancy Drew

Teardra
So I've read a lot more than just 6 Nancy Drew books but I couldn't find a category for "Every Nancy Drew Book I could find". I must credit Carolyn Keene with instilling in me the love of reading. I can also credit her with my abnormal sleeping habits. Every summer I would start reading a Nancy Drew book at bedtime and finally go to sleep when I was done. Every day in and out and I never grew tired of trying to figure out the mystery before Nancy and Ned.
Darcy Stewart
Secret of the Old Clock
Nancy Drew is the daughter of Carson Drew a private investigator. Nancy helps her father solve cases. Nancy rescues a little girl named Judy off a bridge and learns from her family that the need money and she is told about the will. While Nancy is there Judy's guardians find out some fancy silverware has been stolen. Nancy tries to find the will and missing silverware.Nancy Drew is looking for a will that Josiah wrote. She sees all of his relatives and family. The Tophams...more
Amanda
Apr 18, 2007 Amanda rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who appreciates spunk
Shelves: children
I can't even begin to describe how these books influenced my childhood. I've only marked 1-6 as read but there are two full shelves of them at my house in Alabama and I'm trying to fill in the holes so that someday I've got a complete set.
Once again, a great fictional role model- here we've got a girl (three if you count Bess and George who're always helping) out solving mysteries using her own intelligence, determination and perserverence.
These are a great way to get kids (probably particular...more
Dayna
Okay, I am adding this to replace all of the Nancy Drew books I have individually listed on here. Let's just say I have read pretty much all 50+ of them, and that I enjoyed them a lot as an eleven-year-old. Just to clarify, I never read the Nancy Drew Files or the Girl Sleuth books. I compared those to the Babysitter Club books, which I despised for some reason. I also read some first editions (like, real first editions, not the reproductions of the originals that are out now) and they are diffe...more
A. D. Norton
My almost six year old and I are reading this. I LOVED LOVED LOVED Nancy Drew as a kid, I credit this "author" it was created by Mildred Wirt Benson (and a publisher's syndicate). Some of the language is still a bit scary for her age so I change it up as we read.

We are currently on The Mystery of Shadow Ranch.

We had fun discussing those ancient relics known as -- phone booths!

We were excited to try Wilma Tenderfoot but much too scary for her age. Not there yet. Wouldn't recommend.
Haley
Reading Nancy Drew for the first time when I'm 19 severely changes my opinion sadly. I found them quite predictable and simple, BUT I know that they are children's books. I would definitely have enjoyed these as a kid and probably would have found them a lot more thrilling and unpredictable. It's too bad I didn't read them before, but I'm glad I read them now. I will definitely give these to my children (when I have some).
Megan
Nancy Drew is a fun light read but the problem I have with the whole series is that the author, in every single book, puts down Nancy's friends and insults them in order for Nancy Drew to appear even more perfect. After saying how pretty Beth and Georgia are, we hear that Beth is a little pudgy and Georgia is a tomboy, therefore, we are expected to come to he conclusion that Nancy is the prettiest of them all.
Karen
I read all of the Nancy Drew books during 3rd to 5th grade - I think that is all I read :) However, once my mom bought me the 64th book, I was finally tired of them :( I recently bought the first 5 books and enjoyed reading them all over again. I am a Nancy Drew purist and don't really have an interest in the more modern series. My cousin, Kathy, still has most of her original collection.

Sky
As young girls my sister and I had most of the books in this series written by Millie Benson under the pen name of Carolyn Keene. Keene worked in her professional field of journalism while ghost-writing the Drew series. Now Nancy is being revived via Hollywood, the film potentially bringing new interest to the famous young sleuth and to these books!
Kim
These books remind me of my Oakwood Elementary Library.. for some reason and for the librain Miss Jacobs who recommended them to me.. I can acuatlly still see where they are in the library.. back wall less than half the way down and about the top 1/3 of the shelves.. :) I read alot more than the first five but I think this will suffice :)
E
If this was a boxed set of 1-60 or so that would fit the bill better for me. My cousin and I "lived" for being able to go to the mall to get the next 2 books that we didn't have. Our goal was to get the whole series between the 2 of us. We were very disappointed to discover that Carolyn Keene was not a real person. We loved Nancy Drew.
Melissa
The summer before fourth grade I spent a few weeks with my grandparents in the middle of nowhere Florida, and went every day to the oldest library in the state, where I read every single old Nancy Drew hardcover available (and the entire collection of The Three Investigators too). Got a soft spot in my heart for that rich bitch Nancy now.
Nikki
Jul 06, 2007 Nikki rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: young readers
I love Nancy Drew. I started reading them when I was a child and I had never read anything like a mystery before. I remember feeling so excited at the new experience. I doubt they'd hold the same magic for me now, but I will always love Nancy Drew. I think they're wonderful books for engaging a young child into the awesome world of reading.
Jessica Banner
These books were some of the first "big kid" books I ever read (very few, if any, pictures), so they'll always have a special place in my heart. Now, I know that they are fairly predictable and a little corny, but as a kid they were exciting and had me reading under the covers with a flashlight after I was supposed to be asleep.
Bondab55
Ok I couldnt find the complete boxed set on this, but I am pretty sure that I have read almost every single Nancy Drew book. When I was younger, I LOVED Nancy Drew, and when I feel like reading a really easy book I still read them from time to time. I just love mysteries, and when I was younger I wished that I could be Nancy Drew!
Hank
While I read most of these, from The Secret of the Old Clock up to around #56 or so, they were a great read although a more modern take on the books would mean she probably wouldn't come out of some of the situations the same anymore. This review, of course, coming out with the timing of a movie, apparently, under the series name.
Hannah
Who can't go wrong with an old classic!!! I absolutly love these books! its something that can pass down for generations. Just the curiousity of a young smart girl gets to me and how she can solve all these problems. All the mysteries always suprise me at the end never an expected ending. Its what i love about these books!
Tracy
oh my gosh! old school nancy drew! my mom bought me my first nancy drew book when i was about 5. i fell in love with nancy. i picked this box set because i didn't want to click on every single book, but i read all eleventy million of them. My dream is to one day own all of them, the old yellow ones of course.
Gabby
Jun 05, 2007 Gabby rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Poeple who are into suspense stories
I have read about 60 Nancy Drew stories, and they all captivate you and make sure that you CAN NOT put the book down! Because pretty much at the end of every chapter there is a new surprise and they leave you at a cliff hanger. So if you HAVE to stop reading it, good luck at finding a good place to stop!
Tina
So I have read the whole nancy drew set! all of them, back when I was in middle Might not remember the content of each and every book, but I remember plowing through them and anxiously waiting for then new book to come out.
Annacatherine
I'm working on the owning the complete collection. But even today when I'm feeling blue I'll pull one of these dusty classics from the shelves and give myself a good time revisiting my old friends from River Heights. And some day I hope to have my very own shiny blue sporty roadster.
Jo
I absolutely adored this series when I was growing up and I read just about every Nancy Drew book I could get my hands on so I was excited to stumble upon this boxed set in the store and had to grab it. Nancy Drew, Bess and George will always be a special part of my childhood.
Mell
While I did not own this specific box set, I did read several of the books in this original incarnation of Nancy Drew. I couldn't see what all the fuss was about, and could not relate to what felt like her wealthy lifestyle. I was more of a Trixie Belden reader.
Ashlee
I guarantee you i have read every Nancy Drew book ever written. I have been getting one for my daughter every Christmas since her first. I hope she will enjoy them as much as I did! i am tempted to add The Sweet Valley High books to my list too! ;-)
Carrie Lynne
I read all 56 of the original Nancy Drew mysteries in grade school and loved every one of them. These books kept me up late at night reading under the covers with a flashlight. :) I have enjoyed sharing these books with my daughters as well.
Melanie
Aug 27, 2008 Melanie rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Young Girls starting at around 10 or older that love mysteries!
I was a huge Nancy Drew fan when I was growing up. I probably started reading them when I was 9 or 10 and read every single one. I loved the mystery and suspense. So much fun! I hope my little girl will want to read them someday too.
Hadia
All of the 6 books were GREAT. Especially the Mystery At Lilac Inn (wish I owned it) and the Secret at Red Gate Farm (I think they have the wrong title, but it was a VERY mysterious book - loved it!!!)
Robert
My daughter suggested that I read "The Secret of the Old Clock" and being an obliging parent, I did. I can see why she likes it, though I think I will stick with books geared to an older target readership.
Leanne
I actually read every darn one of this series when I was little. Loved them! We used to have races in elementary school as to who could finish a book from the series first. Yeah, I was even a nerd then. :)
girlyn
Nov 14, 2007 girlyn rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: children
i got this books from my uncle living in the states. he was the one who sent a box of novels. it's the adventure of nancy drew.. it's a mystery series. good to read especially on children
  • Encyclopedia Brown: Boy Detective (Books 1-4)
  • Hardy Boys Complete Series Set Books 1-66 (The Hardy Boys #1-66)
  • The Secret Seven Collection
  • Laura's Early Years Collection (Little House, #1, #2, #4)
  • The Ramona Collection, Vol. 2: (Ramona, #4-#5, #7-8)
  • Bunnicula In-a-Box (Bunnicula, #1-3)
  • Kirsten's Boxed Set (The American Girls Collection/Boxed Set)
  • Baby-Sitters Club Boxed Set #1 (The Baby-Sitters Club, #1-4)
  • A Ghost in the House
  • Felicity: An American Girl (The American Girls Collection)
  • Lady and the Tramp (Disney's Wonderful World of Reading)
  • The Red Trailer Mystery (Trixie Belden, #2)
  • The Marshland Mystery

Edna and Harriet Stratemeyer inherited the company from their father Edward Str...more
More about Carolyn Keene...
The Secret of the Old Clock (Nancy Drew, #1) The Hidden Staircase (Nancy Drew, #2) Nancy Drew: #1-64 The Bungalow Mystery (Nancy Drew, #3) The Mystery at Lilac Inn (Nancy Drew, #4)