Start by marking “Naruto, Vol. 14: Hokage vs. Hokage!! (Naruto #14)” as Want to Read:
Naruto, Vol. 14: Hokage vs. Hokage!! (Naruto #14)

Naruto, Vol. 14: Hokage vs. Hokage!! (Naruto #14)

4.35  ·  Rating Details ·  5,819 Ratings  ·  53 Reviews
Their village is under attack, and Naruto, Sakura and Shikamaru can't stay behind to defend it. They have a top priority mission to track down Sasuke and the Sand chūnin. But with nine bloodthirsty ninja on their heels, the hunters have quickly become the hunted! Back at the village, the Third Hokage is still trapped in Orochimaru's impenetrable barrier. Pushed to the brea ...more
Published May 1st 2007 by VIZ Media LLC (first published November 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Naruto, Vol. 14, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Naruto, Vol. 14

Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 1 by Hiromu ArakawaDeath Note, Vol. 1 by Tsugumi OhbaFruits Basket, Vol. 1 by Natsuki TakayaVampire Knight, Vol. 1 by Matsuri HinoBleach, Volume 01 by Tite Kubo
Good Manga
251st out of 517 books — 209 voters
Love★Com, Vol. 1 by Aya NakaharaVampire Knight, Vol. 1 by Matsuri HinoWild Ones, Vol. 1 by Kiyo FujiwaraBackstage Prince, Vol. 1 by Kanoko SakurakoujiSkip Beat!, Vol. 09 by Yoshiki Nakamura
Manga Released in 2007
55th out of 66 books — 7 voters

More lists with this book...

Brad
Jul 31, 2015 Brad rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga, fantasy
The big chase, filled with resolution, sacrifice, and creepy Gaara, while back at home, the third is fighting for his life and putting it all on the line.

Solid volume, even if it doesn't have any truly fantastic revelations in it. It's all about the build up and the action, now.
Soul
Jul 05, 2011 Soul rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2011
I must say it is and it will forever be(fingers crossed) my favorite Manga novel read.

the way Masashi Kishimoto described the characters is just awesome, you get to see them growing up, becoming responsible... powerful...

and it is not just characters,

The plot itself is so much bigger... u simply can't get enough of it. and add to that,

u get more than just entertainment, you learn...
what is
responsibility,
respect,
kindness,
friendship...

so it is not just a manga it is a way of living... The sprite
JoPaul
Apr 07, 2011 JoPaul rated it it was amazing
Naruto is the only only manga I am currently reading, not because I don't like the other stories but because I am hooked with this ninja world that I thought it is a crime to navigate away from this manga series when it is not yet finished. I actually re-read again all of the chapters and volumes just to remind me of the jutsus (techniques), names and thrilling actions and learning.

This volume is one of the best that Sir Kishimoto has written. The battle between a sensei (teacher) and his stude
Taruia
Jul 30, 2013 Taruia rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
Whilst the epic Hokage v Hokage battle is raging (with no clear winner as yet emerging). Naruto and his band of merry men (and Sakura and a doggie ... yeah OK one merry man) try to get to Susuke who is running after Gaara. we are starting to drift a little now, I hope it is only temporary.
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
Jan 08, 2015 Nidah (SleepDreamWrite) rated it really liked it
Well, looks like the story takes another turn. This keeps getting more and more interesting. I like that we got more characters this time around.
kim song ng
Jul 21, 2015 kim song ng rated it liked it
Least favourite volume so far. But of course, the pages are packed with action as always
Ashley
May 11, 2013 Ashley rated it liked it
Brenna
Jan 25, 2009 Brenna rated it really liked it
Unlike many serials, the ever-hyped Naruto franchise is desevring of its popularity due to the storyline's ability to consistantly thrill, with cliffhangers which find resolution in a logical manner.

That is to say, the conflict is intense - yet the various dénouements never feel forced, and the reader never cheated.

In this tankobon (released in America during a time of rapid-fire Naruto publications, timed in order to catch up with and pace the original Japanese storyline), there is plenty of ac
Nahiyan Asadullah
Here we witness an incredible Kage level fight between the third Hokage vs. the first and the second Hokage's reanimation resurrected by Orochimaru.

In this volume, Haruzen Sarutobi or the third Hokage tells us what it means to be a Hokage. The title of Hokage is responsible for carrying on the will of fire. Sarutobi, therefore, vows to fight for his people (his family) till his last breath.

This story literally brought me to tears.
Carmine
Apr 03, 2016 Carmine rated it it was amazing
Il 14esimo volume ci fa salutare un personaggio importante, soprattutto in ottica futura.
L'invasione di Konoha vede alcuni personaggi emergere sopra tutti (Shikamaru e Kakashi), con l'inaspettata sorpresa di Shino, capace di regalare un duello parecchio incerto contro il forte Kankuro delle Sabbie.
Questo è stato, molto probabilmente, il periodo di massima brillantezza di Kishimoto.
Aleina
Feb 21, 2016 Aleina rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites, owned
Shikamaru kills me! He's so lazy, so smart and therefore quite awesome. :) I think he's got my heart in this series. Honestly, I feel rather bad for Gaara. I hope that he will be okay after everything he's been through and probably will suffer through. As for the Hokage and his awesomeness...! ;) totally awesome. Hate Orochimaru though
Waldmar1000
Jun 02, 2010 Waldmar1000 rated it it was amazing
The chunin gathering was a trick! It seems the sand village was teaming up with other villages to ambush to leaf! Naruto and friends rush to after Gaara: the main weapon in the sand village's plan. Meanwhile, the 3rd Hokage must fight a match of his own: with Orochimaru.

Iknow I already said this before but........IT'S MASTERFUL! THE DRAWINGS ARE AS AMAZING AS MAGNA CAN BE! THE STORY IS GREAT, AND IT EVERYTHING. IT HAS COMEDY, ROMANCE, ACTION, SADNESS, EPICNESS, AND EVEN A LITTLE BIT OF DRAMA. TH
Kathleen
Jul 02, 2015 Kathleen rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
Shikamaru leaves the Sakura and Naruto to delay the sound ninja pursuing them. The fight between Orochimaru and the Third Hokage continues. Kankuro is defeated by Shino. THis felt like an in-between volume and the good stuff is ahead.
Wickedshizuku
Feb 02, 2016 Wickedshizuku rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fans of the anime, Manga fans
Recommended to Wickedshizuku by: Anime-planet.com
We're starting off this volume with Chapter 118: Orochimaru's Summonings.
The Chunnin Exams have been interrupted, and the ambitiously evil Orochimaru has brought the former two Hokages back to life with a forbidden jutsu. From there on it's a battle between the best ninja the Fire Country has ever had.
Elsewhere Naruto, Sakura, Shikamaru, and Pakkun are tracking down Sasuke and Sabaku no Gaara.
Shikamaru offers himself up when they are tailed on their mission. Freeing up the other three to track
James Dunphy
Aug 20, 2014 James Dunphy rated it really liked it
The highlight of this volume for me is the Monkey King Enma summon from the 3rd Hokage...everything after that is sort of null. The whole volume is basically 2 giant fight scenes though. Some of the craziest jutsu yet. 4 stars for being a fantastic shonen manga still at this volume.
Anton

Shelves: 2015, june-15
Here we go after my break from this series! I've missed it soo much!!!! <3<3<3
Lamar Jackson
Sep 21, 2016 Lamar Jackson rated it it was amazing
This Naruto manga story was very good, love the manga and the anime!
Ahmad Sharabiani
Naruto, Vol. 14: Hokage vs. Hokage!! (Naruto #14), Masashi Kishimoto
Jussi
May 16, 2015 Jussi rated it liked it
I'm rating the series in a clump – see the last book (Vol. 72) for review.
Una
Dec 30, 2015 Una rated it it was amazing
This one is in my opinion the best one yet
Nivethan
Oct 29, 2015 Nivethan rated it liked it
You failed hokage shame on you
Naz
Feb 04, 2014 Naz rated it it was amazing
I rated it the way I did because it was translated well and the artwork was fantastic.

In this volume, Kabuto puts everyone watching the chuunin exams to sleep and Orochimaru traps the hokage in a barrier and the hokage begins a fight with him. Meanwhile, Sasuke chases after Gaara because he did not get to finish their match.
James
Simply Awesome!
Nicole
Apr 01, 2010 Nicole rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga, shonen, ninja
All H-E-'double hockey sticks' is breaking out in this volume as the finals match between Gaara and Sasuke is interrupted with the invasion of Orochimaru and his allies. So, the Hokage is in danger, all shinobi are in battle mode, and some of the young ninja are given their first real-world battle experience. Hakashi (cool as ever) protects Sakura and then sends her, Naruto, and Hikamaru on a mission to retrieve Sasuke (who ran after a fleeing Gaara) so they can bring Sasuke to safety...
Faisal Habib
Jun 15, 2015 Faisal Habib rated it really liked it
The fight between Sarutobi sensei and Orichimaru is legendary
Rachana
Apr 22, 2016 Rachana marked it as to-read
  • Bleach, Volume 10
  • One Piece, Volume 15: Straight Ahead! (One Piece, #15)
Masashi Kishimoto (岸本 斉史 Kishimoto Masashi) is a Japanese manga artist, well known for creating the manga series Naruto. His younger twin brother, Seishi Kishimoto, is also a manga artist and creator of the manga series O-Parts Hunter (666 Satan) and Blazer Drive. Two of his former assistants, Osamu Kajisa (Tattoo Hearts) and Yuuichi Itakura (Hand's), have also gone on to moderate success followin ...more
More about Masashi Kishimoto...

Naruto (1 - 10 of 72 books)
  • Naruto, Vol. 01: The Tests of the Ninja (Naruto, #1)
  • Naruto, Vol. 02: The Worst Client (Naruto, #2)
  • Naruto, Vol. 03: Bridge of Courage (Naruto, #3)
  • Naruto, Vol. 04: The New Opponents (Naruto, #4)
  • Naruto, Vol. 05: Exam Hell (Naruto, #5)
  • Naruto, Vol. 06: The Forest of Death (Naruto, #6)
  • Naruto, Vol. 07: Orochimaru's Curse (Naruto, #7)
  • Naruto, Vol. 08: Life-and-Death Battles (Naruto, #8)
  • Naruto, Vol. 09: Turning the Tables (Naruto, #9)
  • Naruto, Vol. 10: A Splendid Ninja (Naruto, #10)