Start by marking “Naruto, Vol. 14: Hokage vs. Hokage!! (Naruto #14)” as Want to Read:
Naruto, Vol. 14: Hokage vs. Hokage!! (Naruto #14)

Naruto, Vol. 14: Hokage vs. Hokage!! (Naruto #14)

4.35 of 5 stars 4.35  ·  rating details  ·  4,926 ratings  ·  44 reviews
Naruto is a ninja-in-training with a need for attention, a knack for mischief and, sealed within him, a strange, formidable power. His antics amuse his instructor Kakashi and irritate his teammates, intense Sasuke and witty Sakura, but Naruto is serious about becoming the greatest ninja in the village of Konohagakure!

HOKAGE VS. HOKAGE!!

Their village is under attack, and Na
Published May 1st 2007 by VIZ Media LLC (first published November 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Naruto, Vol. 14, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Naruto, Vol. 14

Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 01 by Hiromu ArakawaFruits Basket, Vol. 1 by Natsuki TakayaDeath Note, Vol. 1 by Tsugumi OhbaVampire Knight, Vol. 1 by Matsuri HinoBleach, Vol. 1 by Tite Kubo
good manga
257th out of 465 books — 184 voters
Love★Com, Vol. 1 by Aya NakaharaVampire Knight, Vol. 1 by Matsuri HinoWild Ones, Vol. 1 by Kiyo FujiwaraBackstage Prince, Vol. 1 by Kanoko SakurakoujiSkip Beat!, Vol. 09 by Yoshiki Nakamura
Manga Released in 2007
55th out of 66 books — 6 voters

More lists with this book...

Brad
The big chase, filled with resolution, sacrifice, and creepy Gaara, while back at home, the third is fighting for his life and putting it all on the line.

Solid volume, even if it doesn't have any truly fantastic revelations in it. It's all about the build up and the action, now.
Soul
Jul 05, 2011 Soul rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2011
I must say it is and it will forever be(fingers crossed) my favorite Manga novel read.

the way Masashi Kishimoto described the characters is just awesome, you get to see them growing up, becoming responsible... powerful...

and it is not just characters,

The plot itself is so much bigger... u simply can't get enough of it. and add to that,

u get more than just entertainment, you learn...
what is
responsibility,
respect,
kindness,
friendship...

so it is not just a manga it is a way of living... The sprite
Ashley
JoPaul
Naruto is the only only manga I am currently reading, not because I don't like the other stories but because I am hooked with this ninja world that I thought it is a crime to navigate away from this manga series when it is not yet finished. I actually re-read again all of the chapters and volumes just to remind me of the jutsus (techniques), names and thrilling actions and learning.

This volume is one of the best that Sir Kishimoto has written. The battle between a sensei (teacher) and his stude
Brenna
Unlike many serials, the ever-hyped Naruto franchise is desevring of its popularity due to the storyline's ability to consistantly thrill, with cliffhangers which find resolution in a logical manner.

That is to say, the conflict is intense - yet the various dénouements never feel forced, and the reader never cheated.

In this tankobon (released in America during a time of rapid-fire Naruto publications, timed in order to catch up with and pace the original Japanese storyline), there is plenty of ac
Nahiyan Asadullah
Here we witness an incredible Kage level fight between the third Hokage vs. the first and the second Hokage's reanimation resurrected by Orochimaru.

In this volume, Haruzen Sarutobi or the third Hokage tells us what it means to be a Hokage. The title of Hokage is responsible for carrying on the will of fire. Sarutobi, therefore, vows to fight for his people (his family) till his last breath.

This story literally brought me to tears.
Waldmar1000
The chunin gathering was a trick! It seems the sand village was teaming up with other villages to ambush to leaf! Naruto and friends rush to after Gaara: the main weapon in the sand village's plan. Meanwhile, the 3rd Hokage must fight a match of his own: with Orochimaru.

Iknow I already said this before but........IT'S MASTERFUL! THE DRAWINGS ARE AS AMAZING AS MAGNA CAN BE! THE STORY IS GREAT, AND IT EVERYTHING. IT HAS COMEDY, ROMANCE, ACTION, SADNESS, EPICNESS, AND EVEN A LITTLE BIT OF DRAMA. TH
Kathleen
Shikamaru leaves the Sakura and Naruto to delay the sound ninja pursuing them. The fight between Orochimaru and the Third Hokage continues. Kankuro is defeated by Shino. THis felt like an in-between volume and the good stuff is ahead.
Wickedshizuku (and her 7 Black cats)
Apr 13, 2014 Wickedshizuku (and her 7 Black cats) rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Fans of the anime, Manga fans
Recommended to Wickedshizuku by: Anime-planet.com
Shelves: manga, reviewed, 2007
We're starting off this volume with Chapter 118: Orochimaru's Summonings.
The Chunnin Exams have been interrupted, and the ambitiously evil Orochimaru has brought the former two Hokages back to life with a forbidden jutsu. From there on it's a battle between the best ninja the Fire Country has ever had.
Elsewhere Naruto, Sakura, Shikamaru, and Pakkun are tracking down Sasuke and Sabaku no Gaara.
Shikamaru offers himself up when they are tailed on their mission. Freeing up the other three to track
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
Well, looks like the story takes another turn. This keeps getting more and more interesting. I like that we got more characters this time around.
James Dunphy
The highlight of this volume for me is the Monkey King Enma summon from the 3rd Hokage...everything after that is sort of null. The whole volume is basically 2 giant fight scenes though. Some of the craziest jutsu yet. 4 stars for being a fantastic shonen manga still at this volume.
uzumaki kim hatake
Least favourite volume so far. But of course, the pages are packed with action as always
Johanna
Here we go after my break from this series! I've missed it soo much!!!! <3<3<3
Jussi
I'm rating the series in a clump – see the last book (Vol. 72) for review.
Naz
I rated it the way I did because it was translated well and the artwork was fantastic.

In this volume, Kabuto puts everyone watching the chuunin exams to sleep and Orochimaru traps the hokage in a barrier and the hokage begins a fight with him. Meanwhile, Sasuke chases after Gaara because he did not get to finish their match.
Nicole
All H-E-'double hockey sticks' is breaking out in this volume as the finals match between Gaara and Sasuke is interrupted with the invasion of Orochimaru and his allies. So, the Hokage is in danger, all shinobi are in battle mode, and some of the young ninja are given their first real-world battle experience. Hakashi (cool as ever) protects Sakura and then sends her, Naruto, and Hikamaru on a mission to retrieve Sasuke (who ran after a fleeing Gaara) so they can bring Sasuke to safety...
Faisal Habib
The fight between Sarutobi sensei and Orichimaru is legendary
John
i loved this book because it was the best book because the third hokage was fighting oruchimaru and then oruchimaru soummned the second and the first hokage then the thrid hokage turned into a monkey or got a money guard then he almost killed oruchimaru but then they was a fight between shino and this puppet guy but i think shino won.
Sara
Orochimaru and The Third Hokage are battling and we learn some of their history. I'm beginning to really like Orochimaru- he's quite the fun villain.

Gaara begins his transformation and it's not pretty- funny though, because he is still one of my favorite characters.

Is it weird that the villains in this series are my favorite??
Aleina
Shikamaru kills me! He's so lazy, so smart and therefore quite awesome. :) I think he's got my heart in this series. Honestly, I feel rather bad for Gaara. I hope that he will be okay after everything he's been through and probably will suffer through. As for the Hokage and his awesomeness...! ;) totally awesome. Hate Orochimaru though
Taruia
Whilst the epic Hokage v Hokage battle is raging (with no clear winner as yet emerging). Naruto and his band of merry men (and Sakura and a doggie ... yeah OK one merry man) try to get to Susuke who is running after Gaara. we are starting to drift a little now, I hope it is only temporary.
Humam
I learned that you must always have and never back down no matter what happens.Also that you should believe in yourshelf enough to try.Then that you should also think things through before you try to overcome.Also that you should have faith in others and yourshelf.
Angela
Am flying through these chapters and loving it. Find myself reading them anywhere. Cooking, waiting for kids to finish school, in bed at night. XD Can't wait to get into the Shippuden series and finally catch up with the recent releases.
Alexis Masters
Naruto vol. 14: Hokage vs. Hokage!!

- Shikamaru's 4-man cell
- The decoy is laid
- Edotensei
- Furofushi no Jutsu - Orochimaru's ultimate art
- The will of fire passes
- Shinigami
- Delayed match - Shino vs. Kankuro
Kathleen
Sasuke is still fighting Gaara and Orochimaru is still fighting the Third Hokage, but neither fight progresses very much. To be fair, Shino fights Kabuto and Shikamaru fights about eight other ninja.
John D
this book was awsome because oruchimaru vs the 3rd hokage was so cool since oruchimaru summoned the 1 and the 2 hokages to fight with the third which was not cool but it was cool and awsome
  • Bleach Volume 09: Fourteen Days for Conspiracy (Bleach #9)
  • One Piece, Volume 10: OK, Let's Stand Up! (One Piece, #10)
Masashi Kishimoto (岸本 斉史 Kishimoto Masashi) is a Japanese manga artist, well known for creating the manga series Naruto. His younger twin brother, Seishi Kishimoto, is also a manga artist and creator of the manga series O-Parts Hunter (666 Satan) and Blazer Drive. Two of his former assistants, Osamu Kajisa (Tattoo Hearts) and Yuuichi Itakura (Hand's), have also gone on to moderate success followin ...more
More about Masashi Kishimoto...

Naruto (1 - 10 of 72 books)
  • Naruto, Vol. 01: The Tests of the Ninja (Naruto, #1)
  • Naruto, Vol. 02: The Worst Client (Naruto, #2)
  • Naruto, Vol. 03: Bridge of Courage (Naruto, #3)
  • Naruto, Vol. 04: The New Opponents (Naruto, #4)
  • Naruto, Vol. 05: Exam Hell (Naruto, #5)
  • Naruto, Vol. 06: The Forest of Death (Naruto, #6)
  • Naruto, Vol. 07: Orochimaru's Curse (Naruto, #7)
  • Naruto, Vol. 08: Life-and-Death Battles (Naruto, #8)
  • Naruto, Vol. 09: Turning the Tables (Naruto, #9)
  • Naruto, Vol. 10: A Splendid Ninja (Naruto, #10)
Naruto, Vol. 01: The Tests of the Ninja (Naruto, #1) NARUTO -ナルト- 巻ノ四十三 Naruto, Vol. 11: Impassioned Efforts (Naruto, #11) Naruto, Vol. 05: Exam Hell (Naruto, #5) Naruto, Vol. 02: The Worst Client (Naruto, #2)