Start by marking “Anatomy & Physiology [With CDROM]” as Want to Read:
Anatomy & Physiology [With CDROM]

Anatomy & Physiology [With CDROM]

3.9 of 5 stars 3.90  ·  rating details  ·  328 ratings  ·  44 reviews
Anatomy & Physiology, Third Edition answers the demand for a leaner version of Elaine Marieb and Katja Hoehn's Human Anatomy & Physiology withless in-depth coverage of pregnancy, heredity, and the developmental aspects of various body systems, while keeping basic themes such as homeostatic imbalances strategically in place. This revised edition includes major updat...more
Published March 11th 2007 by Benjamin-Cummings Publishing Company (first published January 1st 1985)

To ask other readers questions about Anatomy & Physiology [With CDROM], please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Anatomy & Physiology [With CDROM]

Duchess Nicole
I READ THIS BOOK!!!

While A&P is interesting to a point, I did NOT enjoy this class or this book.

However, since I did read Every. Single. Word. in this book, and spent the last eight months of my life as if this were my bible, I am OWNING it! I read this book, and am currently in finals week, going into finals with a solid A, thank you very much!!!

I can't really write a conclusive review on how good the text is, but I feel like my brain is exploding with knowledge right now. My study buddy a...more
Janet
This book made me smarter.
Liza
Textbook, you cost far too much money. I mean, really? I work in publishing, and I know how it's all a rip-off, but come on. That much? That's ridiculous. Sure you have pretty pictures of clavicles and great diagrams of the Action Potential that helped me understand, but I just know that money is not going to the artists or authors or lowly editorial assistants. So give them more money or make the book cheaper.

Textbook, you are too heavy. It hurt to have you in my bag with one other heavy thing...more
mpfrom
Well, this book got me through two semesters of A&P. Now, on to Microbiology. I will be keeping this book. It served as a great reference for learning the body systems.
Sweet pea
School books count, right??? This is a dense one, but necessary for nursing school. Anyone know of any good nursing books (fiction or non) that are entertaining?? Do let me know!
Ashley the Magnificent™
Useful text, got an A. Previous edition was better. Screw you and your unnecessary "updates" to overcharge broke med students - and then remove information!
Linsey Duckett
No doubt I'll be reading this over and over for the rest of the semester. And yes it does still count as a book!!
Greg Carroll
I love this book.
Kasey
This was the text book for my General A&P class, but it is not the first book I go to when I have a question. It is way too much information for my class. Class has a 40% pass rate, so I don't think it's that the class is really easy, but this book is so in-depth it's way more information than I care to cloud my brain with. It sounds awful, but I really like The Complete Idiot's Guide to A&P. I gets to the point of what I need to know and has a lot of really helpful tips & tricks to...more
Will
I am sooooo not a fan. Granted, the topic is complicated. But this text is way too dense, and not explanatory as a good textbook would be. The organization by system leads to absurdities: we learn about one aspect of the liver when reading about the lymphatic system, and then learn about a wholly different function when reading about the digestive system, and neither time does the text tell us about the functional totality of the liver. The liver deserves better! It is awesome!
Bobby
Great intro to both Anatomy & Physiology for the complete tyro.

The first chapters on biochemistry brought back all the fantastic knowledge I had forgotten since high school.

Even though it's a textbook, it's still best read cover to cover like a novel as the chemistry builds to simple anatomy which then yields to physiological structuring.

A fun bedtime read.
Fanta J
This is my favorite A and P textbook ever. it is comprehensive, readable without big and unnecessary words. I will be using it for A-N-P I, and II and i'm very happy with it so far. the only thing i dislike about this book is the price, so for those who can't afford a new one get a older edition. same thing trust me my friend is using the 3rd ed and he's A student.
Ettegoom
An excellent basic physiology text, well explained and clear diagrams.
Moseka Garcia
Wow! What an intense and overwhelming class. There is just so much information to know. I'm happy to say I am in FINALS WEEK, and can kiss this class goodbye.

......only until next semester when I will then take AP2 :(

UPDATE: I got an A in AP2!!!!!!
Tyffanie
The book makes the subjects of anatomy & physiology easy to understand. It layers the information so the reader can go into detail if they want or you can just take away the general concepts.
Abby
Actually really good. If ever you find yourself in need of an informational yet digestible book on your own body and how it got here, this is a good one to pick.
P
This is the textbook for my class. Most of the illustrations are very helpful. The text and order of introducing subjects can be confusing, but mostly good and clear.
Becki
Aug 19, 2009 Becki is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: text-books
It's Anatomy & Physiology... does it get more exciting than this???

Here we go... Anat. & Phys., part 2.. One more semester to go and I'm done with this book
Shelley
I don't know how to rate a textbook because generally they're pretty dry. This one got the job done. Lots of helpful illustrations.
Sancheng
This book is currently my life..so by God I am adding it in. It is a grand tale of love lost and ever present hope. I highly recommend it.
Brooke
Jan 11, 2009 Brooke is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
so far i am two days into my class, for those of you in collage i will probaly be behind you guys but i will make it lol.
Jon
decent, but not stellar, some text books are more intelligible, others not. good pictures..but seriously, good diagrams
Lexi Muhlenbeck
Yayyy! I'm finally finished with this course! Pretty informative book but there are better A&P textbooks out there.
Molli
As much as I would love to rate this a one star, it was good for class and made it easier to understand the materia.
Dorothy
This is why I've been so poky about posting other books this semester. It's 8 pounds of very dense material.
Heath
Jul 30, 2008 Heath rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Any health/fitness professional
Read an earlier edition as part of my college anatomy and physiology class. Very good information!
Tariq
As compares with the other major A+P textbooks: Totora and Martini, I think this is the best one.
The Mad Hatter
Using this book for uni, easy to read and easy to understand. Love the chapter summaries.
Prakash
I AM A PHYSIOTHERAPIST SO IT WILL HELP IN MY STUDY AS WELL AS IN MY PROFESSION
Kim
I'm only on chapter 3, but I think this one will take me for a ride!
  • Principles of Anatomy and Physiology
  • Clinically Oriented Anatomy
  • Neuroscience: Exploring the Brain
  • Atlas of Human Anatomy
  • Trail Guide to the Body: How to locate the body's muscles, bones and more (Third Edition)
  • Lippincott's Illustrated Reviews: Biochemistry
  • Molecular Biology of the Cell
  • Organic Chemistry
  • The Naked Olympics: The True Story of the Ancient Games
  • The Language of Life: DNA and the Revolution in Personalized Medicine
Dr. Marieb began her teaching career at Springfield College, where she taught anatomy and physiology to physical education majors. She then joined the faculty of the Biological Science Division of Holyoke Community College after receiving her Ph.D. in zoology from the University of Massachusetts at Amherst.

While teaching at Holyoke Community College, where many of her students were pursuing nursin...more
More about Elaine Nicpon Marieb...
Essentials of Human Anatomy & Physiology with Essentials of Interactive Physiology CD-ROM [With Essentials of Interactive Physiology CD-ROM] Human Anatomy & Physiology [With Interactive Physiology 10-System Suite and Paperback Book and Access Code] Anatomy & Physiology Coloring Workbook: A Complete Study Guide Essentials of Human Anatomy &Physiology Human Anatomy & Physiology [With CDROM and A Brief Atlas of the Human Body and Access Code]