Start by marking “Guru Guru Pon-Chan, Volume 1” as Want to Read:
Guru Guru Pon-Chan, Volume 1

Guru Guru Pon-Chan, Volume 1 (Guru Guru Pon-Chan #1)

3.61  ·  Rating Details  ·  242 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
RUFF RUFF LIFE

Ponta is a Labrador retriever puppy, the Koizumi family’s pet. She’s full of energy and usually up to some kind of mischief. But when Grandpa Koizumi, an amateur inventor, creates the Guru Guru Bone, Ponta’s curiosity causes trouble. She nibbles the bone–and turns into a human girl!

Surprised but undaunted, Ponta ventures out of the house and meets Mirai Iwaki
Published July 26th 2005 by Del Rey

To ask other readers questions about Guru Guru Pon-Chan, Volume 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Guru Guru Pon-Chan, Volume 1

Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 1 by Hiromu ArakawaFruits Basket, Vol. 1 by Natsuki TakayaDeath Note, Vol. 1 by Tsugumi OhbaVampire Knight, Vol. 1 by Matsuri HinoBleach, Vol. 1 by Tite Kubo
Good Manga
131st out of 468 books — 190 voters
Death Note, Vol. 1 by Tsugumi OhbaFullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 1 by Hiromu ArakawaFruits Basket, Vol. 1 by Natsuki TakayaOuran High School Host Club, Vol. 1 by Bisco HatoriVampire Knight, Vol. 1 by Matsuri Hino
Best Manga Book Ever
471st out of 785 books — 3,092 voters

More lists with this book...

Kate
Mar 20, 2007 Kate rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphicnovels, manga
What could be better than a storyline about a dog who when she kisses a magic bone, becomes a girl? And, then falls in love with a boy, who knows that she is a dog, but still loves her anyway. Even though she smells people's butts, catches frisbees in her mouth, and has "accidents."
Conan Tigard
Nov 17, 2015 Conan Tigard rated it really liked it
When I was young, I grew up watching Speed Racer on television. There weren't any manga comic around for me to read, but I loved a lot of things created in Japan; like Ultraman and all the Godzilla movies. Later, I loved the movie Akira and other manga shorts that followed.

I found Guru Guru Pon-Chan: Volume 1 to be quite entertaining and full of a lot of funny situations. After all, who hasn't thought about how their dog might act if they suddenly became human? The artwork in the four chapters
Jody Mena
Jun 01, 2015 Jody Mena added it
Shelves: manga
Not entirely sure if this manga is really cute, or really wrong, but it's too late, I'm interested! The artwork alright, its done in a somewhat sloppy style, almost more like a sketch in places, with a lot of chibis throughout, but it's also very charming. Setting is rather unoriginal, typical non-descript and generic high school. The characters are pretty interesting though, Ponya's family has a lot of character, and their negative qualities really stand out, which I find to be very believable ...more
Johanna Aldersey
Jul 16, 2014 Johanna Aldersey rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014-read
I loved this soo much! Definitely want to continue reading the rest of the volumes!
Anthony
Apr 18, 2012 Anthony rated it really liked it
Honestly, this is a strange little series. It's weird because its pretty much dog + human relationship but the dog can turn human if she licks a bone that one of her owners invented. She may be a dog, but the relationship is immensely heartwarming and cute. I find incredibly strange that I liked this manga so much. But I honestly think it could be one of my most favorite mangas. Just wouldn't wanna ever see it turn into an anime. It would be even weirder for me to see it in motion..
Viridian5
Aug 11, 2012 Viridian5 rated it did not like it
Shelves: manga-manhwa
Just out of curiosity and boredom and the possibility of a train wreck I decided to browse volume 1 of Guru Guru Pon-chan, the series about a dog that transforms into a girl. Whoa. The series is way too happy to take advantage of Pon-chan's preference for running around naked and her abject love for and devotion to the hunky neighbor. For me, it steps into every gender politics landmine.
Daniella Donald
story of a dog who transforms into a girl and falls in love but cant talk so her owner tries to steal the boy she likes then she turns back into a dog.depressing isn't it.
Angeli
Nov 25, 2010 Angeli rated it really liked it
This manga made me cry, whether it was tears of joy, laughter, or sorrow. It was extremely hilarious and a manga I was sad to have finished. Wonderful, cute story.
Mherhean Giray
Jan 28, 2013 Mherhean Giray rated it it was amazing
Theirs a part were she died and it made me so sad 'cause i have been reading this book a lot and i feel like i know her. :'( don't k if it wa this book though.
anenko
Sep 30, 2007 anenko rated it liked it
Shelves: manga, romance
This is cute, but comes very close to pushing into squick territory.
Jenny Jump
Aug 09, 2011 Jenny Jump rated it it was amazing
I want every volume of this hilarious and very cute Manga series!
J
Aug 11, 2011 J added it
Fun little series, the first episode is quite touching.
Tobio
Tobio rated it it was ok
Jan 28, 2016
Sariah
Sariah marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2016
Melanie Benfield
Melanie Benfield is currently reading it
Jan 16, 2016
Alejandra
Alejandra rated it really liked it
Jan 15, 2016
Emily
Emily rated it liked it
Jan 12, 2016
Chocolate Panda
Chocolate Panda rated it did not like it
Jan 01, 2016
Elyse
Elyse marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2015
Stella Zeng
Stella Zeng rated it really liked it
Dec 29, 2015
Naomi
Naomi added it
Dec 06, 2015
Nicole
Nicole rated it it was amazing
Feb 07, 2016
Tristan S
Tristan S marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2015
Anneliese
Anneliese rated it it was ok
Nov 04, 2015
Nayely
Nayely marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2015
qngru
qngru marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2015
Elizabeth
Elizabeth rated it really liked it
Oct 19, 2015
Sandy
Sandy added it
Oct 22, 2015
Yuma&LenVocaloids
Yuma&LenVocaloids rated it it was amazing
Oct 08, 2015
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2015
  • 春を抱いていた 8
  • SUPER LOVERS 2
  • Whistle!, Vol. 3
  • Azumanga Daioh Vol. 3 (Azumanga Daioh, #3)
  • Onegai Teacher, Vol. 1
  • Pita Ten, Vol. 05
  • Maiden Rose, Volume 2
  • ヒカルの碁 15、さよなら
  • Kamikaze Girls (Manga)
  • Pet Shop of Horrors: Tokyo, Volume 7 (Pet Shop of Horrors: Tokyo, #7)

Guru Guru Pon-Chan (9 books)
  • Guru Guru Pon-Chan 2