Start by marking “Hunting with Hemingway” as Want to Read:
Hunting with Hemingway

Hunting with Hemingway

3.65 of 5 stars 3.65  ·  rating details  ·  71 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Fifteen years after her father's death, Hilary Hemingway received her curious inheritance. It was an audio-cassette filled with the voice of her father telling outrageous stories about his hunting expeditions with his famous older brother, Ernest Hemingway. In this mesmerizing book, Hilary transcribes these stories, revealing the bond between two larger-than-life brothers ...more
Published July 17th 2000 by Riverhead Hardcover (first published January 1st 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Hunting with Hemingway, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hunting with Hemingway

I loved this book. About the BS storytelling of her father who went hunting with Ernest Hemingway, his brother. Great hunting stories about improbable situations while hunting. Highly recommended.
I read this years ago and recall only that it was interesting to hear exploits about Hemingway that had nothing to do with his constant philandering.
I'm not a hemingway fan, and i'm only partially enjoying reading this book. i might stop, i haven't decided. what's keeping me sucked in is that the pages and chapters are fairly short and fast paced--each one reliving an adventurous, dangerous tale. something about the style just puts me off though. it's written by ernest hemingway's niece--or rather, ernest hemingway's brother, les's daughter and son-in law. they're writers too and they have distinct styles, but something about it still scream ...more
Anything to learn more about one of my favorite authors is a great read!
Rachel Terry
Talk about capitalizing on a name! Hilary Hemingway is Ernest's brother's daughter, and the book is a supposed discovery into the life of Hilary's father after he dies and leaves her a tape of him telling hunting stories. The writing is full of exaggerated emotion and machismo.
We actually listened to this book on tape while taking a road trip to New Mexico. We enjoyed the book/tape thoroughly and it was a great insight into the adventures of the Hemingway brothers not previously revealed but often hinted to in other accounts of their lives.
Very Interesting Book about the like of a great author. Very enjoyable read
I enjoyed this.
McKenna Mobus
McKenna Mobus marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2015
Laura marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2015
Katie Goolsby
Katie Goolsby is currently reading it
Jul 25, 2015
Nannette Serra
Nannette Serra marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2015
Ray marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2015
Tim Collins
Tim Collins marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2015
Zoe marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2015
Lisa marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2015
Nicole Escalante
Nicole Escalante marked it as to-read
May 17, 2015
Zach Craig
Zach Craig marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2015
Pat Arnold
Pat Arnold marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2015
Squirrel marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2015
Amanda marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2014
Eric marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Hemingway In Cuba Dreamland: A Novel of the UFO Cover-Up Dreamchild Hemingway's Cats: An Illustrated Biography Time Blender