Start by marking “How to Eat to Live” as Want to Read:
How to Eat to Live

How to Eat to Live

4.25  ·  Rating Details  ·  195 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
Book by MUHAMMAD, ELIJAH
Published January 1st 1997 by Secretarius Memps Publications (first published 1992)

To ask other readers questions about How to Eat to Live, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How to Eat to Live

M
Dec 14, 2008 M rated it really liked it
That he wasn't joking when he said to rinse your beans. Especially black beans. We use this in Spanish recipes. I found out from someone doing a Ph.D. in biology that there is a toxic poison, which is released, when you soak them 24 hours and throw away the water. I also learned chickens do not urinate,not to happy about eating chicken anymore. I read this book in the 1960-70's. I didn't really give him much credit.

Now after learning from other sources it turns out he is correct on just about ev
Lawrence
Mar 21, 2009 Lawrence rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
This is the book that everyone should read if you want the best of health and a long life. This book doesn't talk about fad diets. This is about a lifestyle. I live what's taught in it and found everything to be 100% correct. Todays scientists have also proven what's contained therin. Eat to live and not to die!
Relleasy Harrison
Mar 05, 2015 Relleasy Harrison rated it liked it
being that i am a fitness junkie i did not agree with everything he said, but a lot of things he mentioned i applied it to my life. in the book he says people should eat one time per day. i usually eat about 6-8 times a day LOL.
Muslima Musawwir
Aug 07, 2014 Muslima Musawwir rated it it was amazing
Directly shows how one's diet effects overall physical and mental health. I stopped eating cornbread and white bread, also cut back on potatoes thanks to this book.
Sudawn
Sep 18, 2011 Sudawn rated it it was amazing
Fantastic! If you want a guide to eating properly this is a must read. This book was full of information to help you have a healthy diet spiritually and physically. After reading this book I felt as if I had went through a physical cleansing.
Shirley
Apr 19, 2015 Shirley rated it liked it
this is outdated. Somebody needs to write another book.(probably already did)
Science has ruled out some of these theories. Certainly relevant for the 30's though
when the government was using citizens as test subjects.
Jeremy Mericle
May 19, 2014 Jeremy Mericle rated it it was ok
It could have been ten pages and lost nothing.
Antione
Jan 02, 2014 Antione rated it really liked it
Good book and I'm going to try to eat 1 meal a day and see how my body reacts to this and this type of teaching should be taught to us but it isn't and Black people in general should read this because by cutting out swine will increase years on this Earth.
Icey
Apr 27, 2012 Icey rated it it was amazing
I believe this book reveals a lot of truth. I have heard now from at least 2 other sources information that supports diet described in these pages and decided to use my own body for affirmation of these truths.
Charles Bailey
Oct 05, 2013 Charles Bailey rated it it was amazing
I think if your looking to get in a more structural mindset and changing the old you to new you when controlling your overall eating habits, then this is the book for you.
Serenity L
Aug 30, 2013 Serenity L rated it it was amazing
I reread this book often. As I study the teachings of T.H.E.M. I have come to learn that he had knowledge he shouldn't have had. A good read for Original people
Malika
Jun 12, 2014 Malika rated it it was amazing
Powerfully controversial! Very informative and spilling over the top with t-r-u-t-h
Annetta
Jul 01, 2012 Annetta rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Im not a muslim; But he's on to something i found this book helpful & beneficial
bethanne
Apr 04, 2010 bethanne is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
i've read seven words in this book and two of them are "white devil".
I love it.
Afi Isom
Nov 29, 2015 Afi Isom rated it liked it
Raychelle Muhammad
How to Eat to Live is the TRUTH!
Lalesha
SHOCKING!!!!!!!!
Methodman
health
William
William marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2016
Tom
Tom marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2016
Jacquinn
Jacquinn marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2016
Ethan
Ethan marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2016
Derrick Sherrod
Derrick Sherrod marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2016
  • Heal Thyself for Health and Longevity
  • From "Superman" to Man
  • The Philosophy and Opinions of Marcus Garvey, Or, Africa for the Africans
  • From Niggas to Gods Part One: Sometimes "The Truth"hurts...But It's All Good in the End.
  • Venus on Fire, Mars on Ice: Hormonal Balance--The Key to Life, Love, and Energy
  • The Complete Book of Juicing: Your Delicious Guide to Youthful Vitality
  • African Holistic Health
  • Big Book of Juices: More than 400 Natural Blends for Health and Vitality Every Day
  • Knowledge of Self: A Collection of Wisdom on the Science of Everything in Life
  • First Impressions: What You Don't Know About How Others See You
  • Countering the Conspiracy to Destroy Black Boys
  • Visions for Black Men
  • Blueprint for Black Power: A Moral, Political, and Economic Imperative for the Twenty-First Century
  • Black Women in Antiquity
  • Melanin: What Makes Black People Black
  • Malcolm X Man and His Times
Elijah Muhammad (born Elijah Robert Poole; October 7, 1897 — February 25, 1975) was an African American religious leader, and led the Nation of Islam from 1934 until his death in 1975. Muhammad was a mentor to Malcolm X, Louis Farrakhan, Muhammad Ali; and his son Warith Deen Mohammed. [wikipedia]
More about Elijah Muhammad...