Start by marking “Going Home (Cerebus, #13)” as Want to Read:
Going Home (Cerebus, #13)

Going Home (Cerebus #13)

Reprinting Cerebus Issues 232-250

Cerebus and Jaka travel towards his home village but don't get there. Instead it offers an extended critique/partiche of the work of F. Scott Fitzgerald, as F. Stop Kennedy.
Published December 31st 2002 by Aardvark-Vanheim (first published December 31st 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Going Home, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Going Home

Oct 20, 2016 Dan rated it really liked it
Going Home is really three books. This volume contains the first two, the short-ish "Sudden Moves" and "Fall And The River", while the third part "Form & Void" gets the next phonebook to itself. "Sudden Moves" picks up where Rick's Story left off. Cerebus and Jaka are heading north to Cerebus' home of Sand Hills Creek to start a life together there. They are in the first flush of love, the giddy, exhilarated, laughing part, as they walk from tavern to tavern. Jaka appears to have a kind of c ...more
Sep 27, 2016 Matt rated it really liked it
F Scott Fitzgerald for some reason.
Ject Toons
Sep 14, 2010 Ject Toons rated it liked it
Me duele tener que ponerle a uno de los libros de una de las series de historietas que más me han gustado 3 estrellas. Pero se las merece.

"Going Home" es un libro que divaga, confunde y aburre. Los pedazos escritos (que son estúpidamente abundantes) son desesperantes y extraños. Digo, no es que no me agrade leerlos, pero me da mucha flojera tener que quemarme las pestañas y el cerebro tratando de entender lo que Sim quiere decir. Al contrario de libros como Jaka's Story y en parte Rick's Story,
Christian Lipski
Jun 23, 2008 Christian Lipski rated it really liked it
This book is split into two distinct entities, the first being the struggle of Cerebus to get Jaka to his old hometown (and apparently their new home) without running afoul of Jaka's compulsion to never wear the same outfit two days in a row. I will skip this patently bizarre device of Sim's (although it does have faint roots in her dancing costumes at Pud's tavern). In any case, they decide to tour south in order to always be near clothing stores, and then take a boat up the river towards their ...more
Sean Samonas
Mar 15, 2013 Sean Samonas rated it it was ok
My goodness...actual narrative? Actual, dare I say, plot? Yes! Oh my goodness, actual things happ...oh hey there F. Scott Fitzgerald. Yeah, it is kind of weird seeing you in a Cerebus book. In fact, you kind of bring the story to a screeching halt fast enough to give the reader whiplash.

To his credit, I'll at least say here that this character is forced into the world of Cerebus much more smoothly then Oscar or the next character Ham. But it still is a little confusing and certainly throws off t
Bill Williams
Dec 02, 2011 Bill Williams rated it liked it
Most of Dave Sim's Cerebus run is a dense read, packed with stunning backgrounds and clever lettering. This one has a slow moving plot covering Cerebus and Jaka's trip to Cerebus homelands. Things are complicated by her being a princess under constant guard and the two of them changing destinations frequently.

I do miss the moments of inspired parody from the early run of the series, but respect his exploration of meta-themes as writers in the story write about their traveling partners. What's n
This late volume of Cerebus is light on plot--basically, Cerebus and Jaka travel towards his home village but don't get there. instead it offers an extended critique/partiche of the work of F. Scott Fitzgerald, as F. Stop Kennedy, who writes a novel that transmogrifies the events in Cerebus's life. Very meta, generally itneresting, beautifully drawn.
Sep 21, 2010 Michael rated it liked it
After reading the end section of chasing Scott it's difficult to remember how the main story went.
This book pulls out of the slump of being more novel than graphic, then being in a bar forever. We finally get back out in Estarcion and the freedom is wonderful. The conversation's between Jaka and Cerebus are for the most part bright and cheerful, and I look forward to the next installment.
Apr 05, 2007 Chris rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Cerebus and Jaka travel to his home town in a boat with F. Scott Fitzgerald (?). Once again, Sims gives us some of the most human relationships out of any comic, told with grace and beautiful illustrations. One of the issues in this volume was the first issue of Cerebus I ever read - it has no dialogue, yet it made me cry. That's the sort of story teller Sims is at his best.
Sep 07, 2012 Will rated it did not like it
I could not believe how boring (and misogynistic) this was. (Of course, *I* am allegedly the narrowindmindrightwingreactionary.)Did Sim get premature senility.

Bolsters my opinion that the series went straight downhill after the "boiling lead" incident.
Feb 02, 2015 Mark rated it it was ok
The better the art the more troubling the politic. This volume carefully scuttles whatever credit jaka's story may have developed for the character of jaka. Cerebus himself was already beyond hope. And f Scott Fitzgerald shows up to be unhappy and lustful.
Sep 21, 2008 Matt rated it did not like it
More bitter misogynist rants, despite Sim's claim that he's not a misogynist, merely an anti-feminist.
And after this one, I gave up reading about the warrior ardvark. I am surprised I stuck it out as long as I did.
Steve Yoggy
Steve Yoggy rated it liked it
Feb 08, 2010
Michael rated it really liked it
Sep 06, 2015
Andrew Boscardin
Andrew Boscardin rated it liked it
Nov 14, 2009
Simeon Berry
Simeon Berry rated it liked it
Jun 22, 2007
alluu rated it liked it
Sep 22, 2012
Charles Vale
Charles Vale rated it really liked it
May 07, 2015
Jason VandenBerghe
Jason VandenBerghe rated it it was ok
Aug 06, 2015
Jason Curtin
Jason Curtin rated it really liked it
Dec 17, 2014
Isaac rated it really liked it
Jan 19, 2012
Massimo Spiga
Massimo Spiga rated it it was ok
Mar 30, 2016
Brice Bartley
Brice Bartley rated it liked it
Jan 23, 2013
Jesse Brakefield
Jesse Brakefield rated it really liked it
Jan 31, 2008
Jarkko Miettinen
Jarkko Miettinen rated it really liked it
Oct 06, 2013
Jon rated it really liked it
Sep 24, 2012
Horselover Fat
Horselover Fat rated it really liked it
Jul 19, 2008
Stephane rated it liked it
Jul 05, 2011
Michael Reiter
Michael Reiter rated it it was amazing
Aug 21, 2013
  • Quantum and Woody, Volume 2: In Security
  • Bloodshot, Volume 3: Harbinger Wars
  • Dark Waters Rising
  • Harbinger Wars
  • Heartbreak Soup (Luba and Palomar, #1)
  • X-O Manowar, Volume 2: Enter Ninjak
  • Epicurus: The Sage
  • Everybody is Stupid Except for Me and Other Astute Observations
  • The Art of Harvey Kurtzman: The Mad Genius of Comics
David Victor Sim is a Canadian comic book writer and artist, best known as the creator of Cerebus the Aardvark.
More about Dave Sim...

Cerebus (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Cerebus (Cerebus, #1)
  • High Society (Cerebus, #2)
  • Church and State I (Cerebus, #3)
  • Church and State II (Cerebus, #4)
  • Jaka's Story (Cerebus, #5)
  • Melmoth (Cerebus, #6)