Start by marking “Going Home (Cerebus, #13)” as Want to Read:
Going Home (Cerebus, #13)

Going Home (Cerebus #13)

3.32 of 5 stars 3.32  ·  rating details  ·  324 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Reprinting Cerebus Issues 232-250

Cerebus and Jaka travel towards his home village but don't get there. Instead it offers an extended critique/partiche of the work of F. Scott Fitzgerald, as F. Stop Kennedy.
Published December 31st 2002 by Aardvark-Vanheim (first published December 31st 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Going Home, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Going Home

Ject Toons
Me duele tener que ponerle a uno de los libros de una de las series de historietas que más me han gustado 3 estrellas. Pero se las merece.

"Going Home" es un libro que divaga, confunde y aburre. Los pedazos escritos (que son estúpidamente abundantes) son desesperantes y extraños. Digo, no es que no me agrade leerlos, pero me da mucha flojera tener que quemarme las pestañas y el cerebro tratando de entender lo que Sim quiere decir. Al contrario de libros como Jaka's Story y en parte Rick's Story,
Christian Lipski
This book is split into two distinct entities, the first being the struggle of Cerebus to get Jaka to his old hometown (and apparently their new home) without running afoul of Jaka's compulsion to never wear the same outfit two days in a row. I will skip this patently bizarre device of Sim's (although it does have faint roots in her dancing costumes at Pud's tavern). In any case, they decide to tour south in order to always be near clothing stores, and then take a boat up the river towards their ...more
Sean Samonas
My goodness...actual narrative? Actual, dare I say, plot? Yes! Oh my goodness, actual things happ...oh hey there F. Scott Fitzgerald. Yeah, it is kind of weird seeing you in a Cerebus book. In fact, you kind of bring the story to a screeching halt fast enough to give the reader whiplash.

To his credit, I'll at least say here that this character is forced into the world of Cerebus much more smoothly then Oscar or the next character Ham. But it still is a little confusing and certainly throws off t
The better the art the more troubling the politic. This volume carefully scuttles whatever credit jaka's story may have developed for the character of jaka. Cerebus himself was already beyond hope. And f Scott Fitzgerald shows up to be unhappy and lustful.
Bill Williams
Most of Dave Sim's Cerebus run is a dense read, packed with stunning backgrounds and clever lettering. This one has a slow moving plot covering Cerebus and Jaka's trip to Cerebus homelands. Things are complicated by her being a princess under constant guard and the two of them changing destinations frequently.

I do miss the moments of inspired parody from the early run of the series, but respect his exploration of meta-themes as writers in the story write about their traveling partners. What's n
After reading the end section of chasing Scott it's difficult to remember how the main story went.
This book pulls out of the slump of being more novel than graphic, then being in a bar forever. We finally get back out in Estarcion and the freedom is wonderful. The conversation's between Jaka and Cerebus are for the most part bright and cheerful, and I look forward to the next installment.
Cerebus and Jaka travel to his home town in a boat with F. Scott Fitzgerald (?). Once again, Sims gives us some of the most human relationships out of any comic, told with grace and beautiful illustrations. One of the issues in this volume was the first issue of Cerebus I ever read - it has no dialogue, yet it made me cry. That's the sort of story teller Sims is at his best.
This late volume of Cerebus is light on plot--basically, Cerebus and Jaka travel towards his home village but don't get there. instead it offers an extended critique/partiche of the work of F. Scott Fitzgerald, as F. Stop Kennedy, who writes a novel that transmogrifies the events in Cerebus's life. Very meta, generally itneresting, beautifully drawn.
I could not believe how boring (and misogynistic) this was. (Of course, *I* am allegedly the narrowindmindrightwingreactionary.)Did Sim get premature senility.

Bolsters my opinion that the series went straight downhill after the "boiling lead" incident.
And after this one, I gave up reading about the warrior ardvark. I am surprised I stuck it out as long as I did.
More bitter misogynist rants, despite Sim's claim that he's not a misogynist, merely an anti-feminist.
the better volume of the "going home" storyline by a long shot.
Robert Hudder
Wow, Sims is such a downer on relationships.
Great book. Finished all of Cerebus.
Greg added it
Oct 08, 2015
Luc marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2015
Jacen Burrows
Jacen Burrows marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2015
Christina marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2015
Jul 30, 2015
Em added it
Jul 20, 2015
Mathew Carruthers
Mathew Carruthers marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2015
  • The Book of Jim
  • The Question, Vol. 1: Zen and Violence
  • An Anthology of Graphic Fiction, Cartoons, and True Stories: Volume 2
  • Iron Man: Armor Wars
David Victor Sim is a Canadian comic book writer and artist, best known as the creator of Cerebus the Aardvark.
More about Dave Sim...

Cerebus (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Cerebus (Cerebus, #1)
  • High Society (Cerebus, #2)
  • Church and State I (Cerebus, #3)
  • Church and State II (Cerebus, #4)
  • Jaka's Story (Cerebus, #5)
  • Melmoth (Cerebus, #6)
  • Flight (Cerebus, #7)
  • Women (Cerebus, #8)
  • Reads (Cerebus, #9)
  • Minds (Cerebus, #10)
Cerebus (Cerebus, #1) High Society (Cerebus, #2) Church and State I (Cerebus, #3) Church and State II (Cerebus, #4) Jaka's Story (Cerebus, #5)