Start by marking “Fifteen Animals!” as Want to Read:
Fifteen Animals!

Fifteen Animals!

4.15 of 5 stars 4.15  ·  rating details  ·  718 ratings  ·  78 reviews
The amazing Bob! The amazing Boynton! Because who else but Sandra Boynton could imagine 15 Bobs in one book? Actually, that's 14 Bobs, and one Simon James Alexander Ragsdale the Third (he's a turtle), which gives Fifteen Animals! the added dimension of being a unique counting book—count the Bobs, count the pets, count the bunnies, count the fish. The latest of the Boynton ...more
Published October 8th 2008 by Workman Publishing Company

To ask other readers questions about Fifteen Animals!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fifteen Animals!

The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric CarleWhere the Wild Things Are by Maurice SendakGreen Eggs and Ham by Dr. SeussGoodnight Moon by Margaret Wise BrownThe Cat in the Hat by Dr. Seuss
Best Picture Books
412th out of 1,707 books — 1,137 voters
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. RowlingThe Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsThe Diary of a Young Girl by Anne FrankThe Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. LewisCharlotte's Web by E.B. White
Planning a Reading List for The Next Generation
257th out of 440 books — 200 voters

More lists with this book...

Robert Beveridge
Sandra Boynton, Fifteen Animals (Workman, 2003)

Fifteen Animals is another of those Boynton books that (as far as I can tell) grew out of a song rather than the other way around. My experience is that those tend to be less—magical, for want of a better word—than the ones that were books first, but there are still some pretty good'uns. This is one. Not sure how much repeated reading it will stand up to (once you get the joke, I'm guessing it will get old after five or six repetitions in a row), bu
A funny little read about 15 animals… 14 of which are named Bob! A fun way to teach your little one about animals and pets.
Kirsten Mellin
I specifically look for Boynton books in the library now. Her books are fun, creative, and very entertaining!

Bahaha! I think it is so fun to have a predictable story with a surprise ending. I laughed pretty hard at the last page. What a fun way to count to 15. :->

Thank you again Sandra Boynton for amazing short kids stories that my kids and I can enjoy!!!!
Drew Graham
A little boy has many pet animals, and he has a very unique way of naming them.

This is my first of what I'm sure will turn out to be many reviews of Sandra Boynton's books. This one was a library discovery and it's already a favorite. It's a combination of many great children's book features: it's a counting book, an animal book, and it has a great rhythm and theme of repetition, not to mention a great punchline. The Boy (almost 18 months) loves saying "Bob" and occasionally offering up the anim
Cute little book. I thought it would be more counting on each individual pages, not the book through out. Everyone's name is "Bob" except the last turtle who has a ton of names. Fun book, more about pets than anything.
Meg McGregor
What a fun fun fun counting book!

Little ones will love to identify the animals and will laugh hysterically; once they catch on, to the running gag, in the book.

Now what was the name of his animals? LOL

Meg McGregor
What a fun fun fun counting book! Little ones will love to identify the animals and will laugh hysterically once they catch on to the running gag in the book.

Now what was the name of his animals? LOL
Cara Byrne
Boynton brings in a crew of fifteen animals - almost all introduced as Bob. It's silly and captures my little one's attention, like most of her clever work.
K. Carters
This is brilliant! Son loved it and I loved it. Everyone I read it to laughs as well. Kids really are spoilt these days...
Sandra Boynton is always fun. This one made me laugh, but Baby wasn't interested yet. We'll try when he's older.
great book for pet storytime...would be great as a flannel!
My son and I heard the song associated with this book first and loved it. When I got the book, we were able to have pictures to go along with the song and sing the story. The board book is more than just a counting book, it is a silly fun story. The boy in the story has 15 animals and all are named Bob except the turtle. The illustrations are easy to recognized as Sandra Boynton's work. I would highly recommend downloading the song that goes with this book and using them together for some silly ...more
One of the best birthday presents I could ever have received. Just as Mom said--it had my name all over it! I think I've inherited her love for Boynton, but this has to be one of my very favorites for the personal connection. Haven't been able to hear the song, yet, but I'm sure it's just as good as all of her other ones. I love Boynton!!!

5/14/14 I forgot to bring in my copy for "Miss Heidi's Mom" preschool theme. So I got the Philadelphia Chickens book and read the poem/song from there. The kid
I initially didn't really like this book... It seemed rather silly... But as my daughter grew an she liked it a lot and grew to love it too. Good for learning animal signs too. Although it's technically a counting book I'm not sure anyone uses it that way... In fact I only just noticed the numbers the other day when reading it to my son. I will have to remember this because it's easy to find counting books up to the number ten but more difficult beyond.
Mar 09, 2010 jacky rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: toddlers, preschoolers
Shelves: board-books
Great for a slightly older toddler who can anticipate each name. Funny for adults too.
All of our grandchildren love this book, especially since their grandpa's name is 'Bob!' He'll read it to them and they'll giggle throughout. The ending is great!
David Schaafsma
This reminds me of Ionesco's The Bald Soprano where everyone in one scene is called Bobby Watson.. In this one most of the animals are also called Bob... and this also reminds me of George Foreman who I think named some? all? most? of his kids George, as well.
I picked this up at the library because the girls seem to like Sandra Boynton books. I didn't even read the back cover so I just cracked up laughing when I read it. Not quite as popular with the girls as Barnyard Dance but they liked it.
Love how they all had the same name. BOB!
Except the last one, Simon James Alexander Ragsdale the Third.

I even thought it was silly and funny. I loved how my son D guessed the last name as Bob and laughed when I told him what it was.
Fun in a book, but more fun to sing! This is William's (my nephew) favorite song on Philadelphia Chickens album.

It gives you the link to download the song to sing along.

I learned that Bob is a good name for anything!
Alicia Scully
A cute board book the gives good vocabulary on animals and helps with number recognition. With characters and illustrations that are common to Boynton's other works, children and parents will enjoy reading it again and again.
When my kids let me choose the books to read, I always choose a Sandra Boynton. The illustrations are adorable, the writing is clever and fun, and the books are short and sweet. This is one of our absolute favorites.
All the animal pets are called Bob except for the silly turtle... Hahaha! I really enjoyed this one- more than my little girl, I think! She looked a bit troubled when I called all the bunnies Bob.
Nora absolutely loves this one. We read this one daily and she just bounces around when we start reading. Such a cute little book, Sandra Boynton is one of my favorite children's authors.
Allisen Lemay
this is my favorinte sandra boynton book. i have my own copy and read it often as i fibd it comepletely hysterical. i even named my rock catepillar after the turtle. :)
Shannon Renee
Such a cute little book. I found it this May and I can't wait to read it to my children at school. Very nice picutes, a lot of repetition and a funny ending. Love it!
This book is great. I find I amuse myself the most if I read the whole book in a Southern accent and then switch to a British accent on the very last page.
Malika J.
Cute book about 14 different animals named 'Bob' and one turtle named 'Simon James Alexander Ragsdale the Third'. Good rhythm. Downloadable song, too!
  • My Very First Book Of Numbers
  • Thumpy Feet
  • Two Little Trains
  • Steam Train, Dream Train
  • Dog
Sandra Keith Boynton is a popular American humorist, songwriter, children's author and illustrator. Boynton has written and illustrated more than forty books for both children and adults, as well as over four thousand greeting cards, and four music albums. Although she does not license her characters to be redrawn or adapted, she has herself designed—for various companies—calendars, wallpaper, bed ...more
More about Sandra Boynton...