Start by marking “Knit Socks!” as Want to Read:
Knit Socks!

Knit Socks!

3.75 of 5 stars 3.75  ·  rating details  ·  126 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Knitters love to make socks. Socks are practical and pretty, cozy and colorful. Sock projects are easily carried in a knitting bag, and the patterns are complex enough to be interesting but small enough to be quickly finished. Plus, socks are always fun to wear and great to give as gifts.

Now Knit Socks!, the little die-cut hardcover that sold more than 65,000 copies, is av
Board Book, 144 pages
Published September 15th 2004 by Storey Publishing, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Knit Socks!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Knit Socks!

Lori
Mar 15, 2008 Lori rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: knitter in need of useful material
Recommended to Lori by: Fran
i did it.
i became a knitter.

my mom taught me how to knit my own socks when my pleas for her to knit me more fell on deaf ears.

this is an easy book to follow and gives you enough standard patterns and combos that after my first pair i felt comfortable enough altering the second pair's pattern.
Rhenda Strub
Taught myself to knit socks with this. What a dandy little book. I'll keep reading it until I stop making socks I suppose.
Aug 19, 2007 Sarah rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: knitters, sock enthusiasts
I've checked this one out a few times now from my library. I think it's heading to the "gotta buy" list
Georgene
Nov 13, 2013 Georgene rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Knitters
Shelves: crafts
When I first got this book a few weeks ago, I was VERY disappointed in it. Having a multitude of knitting and knitting pattern books, I saw no reason to even produce such a book as this one.

However, upon reflection and having spent many hours looking over this book, I've decided it is worth adding to your crafting library. There are several really good hints on how to avoid some of the pitfalls inherent in the knitting of socks, which this book covers. Some of the ideas for socks are really cute
Tricia
This is it; this is the book that taught me to knit socks. I have a tendency to over think and over process everything. Knit Socks! spelled out the instructions and stitch counts so I didn't have to think about the dreaded heel turn; it just happened and it was the coolest thing ever for me. Seven years later I'm a sock-a-holic and am almost to the point where I could have a separate room for my sock yarns...
Shawn Bird
The fact that this book about knitting socks is actually shaped like a knitted sock is quite cute, but it does make it a bit awkward to store. There are 15 patterns for children and adults, and I look forward to making several of them over the winter. The beginning section on basics is very thorough, with lots of helpful illustrations. The worst thing I can say is that, due to repeated lack of success with the Kitchener stitch to close the toes, I have happily started knitting my socks toes up, ...more
Mckinley
Looks a tough intimidating. Will 'practice' knitting and FOLLOWING patterns before trying socks. Then this would be a good book for a variety of ideas and patterns since if one is going to knit socks they should be something more than plain and regular.
Mary
I re-read this book. It has some pretty nice looking socks. I am still practicing at making socks and don't have the right type of yarn for the majority of these socks (worsted weight).
Tara Choate
This might make a good reference book. A lot of good info, patterns, and ideas. I think the ideas could be interchanged to get even more creative.
Rebekah
Some cute sock patterns that I will think about for a long time, but probably never make. I'm lazy like that. I like my pattern.
Ashley Mumpower
Making best foot forward for my husband. This is the first time I've knit socks from cuff to toe so we'll see!
Pixie
This was a good book with many interesting patterns. The instructions were well written and helpful as well.
Fangirl
A good basic book for anyone who wants to learn how to knit socks.
Linda
Everything you need to know about making beautiful socks that fit.
Daisy
Good for beginners.
Rhoda Yazza
Rhoda Yazza marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2015
Cary Morton
Cary Morton marked it as to-read
May 15, 2015
Frances
Frances is currently reading it
May 12, 2015
Nancy Bailey
Nancy Bailey marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2015
Tami
Tami marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2015
Paige
Paige marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2015
Laura marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2015
  • Knitting Vintage Socks: New Twists on Classic Patterns
  • A Second Treasury of Magical Knitting
  • Knitting Around
  • Socks from the Toe Up: Essential Techniques and Patterns from Wendy Knits
  • Socks Soar on Two Circular Needles: A Manual of Elegant Knitting Techniques and Patterns
  • Cables Untangled: An Exploration of Cable Knitting
  • The Knitter's Stash
  • Traditional Knitted Lace Shawls
  • The Knitter's Companion
  • Big Book of Knitting
Knit Socks!: 17 Patterns for Cozy Feet Knit Socks!: 17 Classic Patterns for Cozy Feet