Start by marking “K” as Want to Read:
K

K

3.56 of 5 stars 3.56  ·  rating details  ·  80 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Set in the 1940s, this text presents a terrifying fascist America with concentration camps and lynchings. It is wartime and John Ridgeforth has been smuggled, his mission deadly secret, into a country which he thought he knew and loved. It is now a country where "K" stands for kike and the KKK.
Mass Market Paperback
Published March 2nd 2000 by Pocket (first published January 1st 1997)

To ask other readers questions about K, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about K

Caroline
I think I should stop trying alternate history novels. I always go into them thinking “ooo, this will be fun,” and always end up going “oh, come ON,” even if the writing itself is fine.

K is for Killing is a spy novel set in an alternate version of the 1940s, wherein Charles Lindbergh was elected instead of Roosevelt, the KKK took over and allied itself with Nazi Germany. “John Ridgeworth” is a half-American/half-British secret agent sent in to cause havoc. He works with members of the various un...more
Nancy Oakes
I really really wanted to like this book because Daniel Easterman is really one of my favorite escape-reading authors. I thought the premise was good, and I will admit that the book held me in suspense, at least through the first few chapters, but overall, I didn't like it very much.

Here's the premise:
The KKK in 1932 backs their candidate, Charles Lindbergh, who succeeds in the presidential election rather than FDR. Lindbergh, known for his Aryan views, allows the KKK a great deal of power, and...more
Christa
This book was really bad. I have heard that other of his books are good but I cannot say too much positive about this book. First, I think a having a completely made up distopia would have been more interesting than taking what happened in the past and stretching it into fiction. Second, the author (and his editors) were asleep on the job. In spy fiction there should not be any glaring errors and in this book there were two - if the author cannot keep what is happening straight, then how is the...more
Tracey Alley
Absolutely chilling alternative history - Daniel Easterman writes such a realistic portrayal of an America on the verge of an alliance with Nazi Germany it is almost scary.
Well written, this is a real page-turner that I could not put down. It's a fairly old book and I personally don't think it ever achieved the recognition it deserves.
Highly recommended
Michael
awesome and terrifying book.imagine if the KKK were in power when hitler went to war and they sided with the germans?
Gary Stocker
Quite scary to imagine if history had been different something like this could have happened.
Jacqueline Atherton
Jacqueline Atherton marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2014
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
Justin
Justin marked it as to-read
May 31, 2014
Steve
Steve marked it as to-read
May 03, 2014
Juan Castillo briseño
Juan Castillo briseño marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2014
Adrian
Adrian marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2014
Samuel
Samuel marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2014
Grame
Grame marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2014
Damir
Damir marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2014
Maria Berasaluze
Maria Berasaluze marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2014
Keziah
Keziah marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Brotherhood of the Tomb The Judas Testament The Ninth Buddha The Seventh Sanctuary Name of the Beast