Start by marking “People of the Dark” as Want to Read:
People of the Dark

People of the Dark

3.42 of 5 stars 3.42  ·  rating details  ·  26 ratings  ·  8 reviews
It's a nice house on a country road. Jack and Erika Harris expect to be happy there. — It doesn't matter that they're living near a deserted suburb where, years ago, murders and mutilations destroyed the residents. It doesn't matter -- until those that caused the deaths come back -- those that sprang from the earth, those that need, those that are not human.

The Harris's ni
Published March 28th 1988 by Tor Books (first published March 1985)

To ask other readers questions about People of the Dark, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about People of the Dark

Bandit
This is the 4th book in the Strange Seed series and quite possibly the strongest. It's also the one that's the easiest to read as a stand alone, although I strongly recommend reading the books in order. All the books in this series, all Wright's books really, have his unique and most excellent blend of eerily subtly unsettling quiet horror at its finest, however every one has its own theme. Here it's a love story, a very moving love story of a couple who moves to a huge old home in the country ( ...more
Maria
There are many things that I didn't completely understand while and also after reading The People of the Dark but still... I think that it wasn't a bad book. I really enjoyed it to be honest, I have to admit it, especially in front of myself.
The atmosphere of Cohocton town is very disturbing, reminds me Silent Hill a bit. The weather is rainy and foggy most of the time, houses and merely few shops are very distant from each other. It has only a few residents, some of them are freaks, some not,
Bryon Decker
The People of the Dark is a gripping story of a couple moving to small town America and everything doesn't go as planned. Needless to say Cohocton isn't always rainy and foggy, I live about 18 miles from there. I would recommend this book to any Stephen King fan.
Stacy Simpson
This was yet another flop suggested once again by Stephen King...I only think he endorsed the book because the main character was stated to have been reading a Stephen King novel while in bed...SHAMELESS!

The authour jumped all over the place which I hate and the story was hard to follow without all that nonsense...DONT READ!
Christopher Beck
Another reviewer said she didn't quite understand everything about this book but enjoyed it nonetheless, and I have to agree with her. I was expecting something a little more frightening and gruesome, but the writing was good, the mood was good,and the atmosphere was good.
Dean
One of the spookiest books in TM Wright's "earth children" series. I couldn't put it down. The voice, style, and writing will captivate you, as will the characters. TM Wright's signature brand of subtle terror is guaranteed to give you chills!
Debra
Stephen King recommended author: "T.M. Wright is a rare and blazing talent!"
Subu
just average but the writing is much better than the plot
Rebecca Kennedy
Rebecca Kennedy marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2014
Unsolved Mystery
Unsolved Mystery marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2014
Michał Brzeziński
Michał Brzeziński marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2014
Lilhop
Lilhop marked it as to-read
Supermel Russell
Supermel Russell marked it as to-read
Bob
Bob marked it as to-read
Angela
Angela marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2014
Evans Light
Evans Light marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2014
Tsubaki
Tsubaki marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2014
TK421
TK421 marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2014
Josh
Josh marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2014
K.L. Turner
K.L. Turner marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2013
Mallory Heart Reviews
Mallory Heart Reviews marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2013
Peter Bailey
Peter Bailey marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2013
Celeste
Celeste marked it as to-read
May 29, 2013
Robert
Robert added it
Feb 06, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Terrance Michael Wright (AKA T. M. Wright) is best known as a writer of horror fiction, speculative fiction, and poetry. He has written over 25 novels, novellas, and short stories over the last 40 years. His first novel, 1978's Strange Seed, was nominated for a World Fantasy Award, and his 2003 novel Cold House was nominated for a Bram Stoker Award. His novels have been translated into many differ ...more
More about T.M. Wright...
A Manhattan Ghost Story The Last Vampire Strange Seed The House on Orchid Street Sleepeasy