Start by marking “Hearts and Coronets: A Story for Young People” as Want to Read:
Hearts and Coronets: A Story for Young People

Hearts and Coronets: A Story for Young People

3.67  ·  Rating Details  ·  3 Ratings  ·  2 Reviews
"A young girl going home from school for the Christmas holidays is snowed in on the train with some young people, who take her to their father's great estate and keep her over Christmas. The acquaintance made becomes lasting friendship... Unforeseen events change the current of affairs and a mystery finally cleared up makes simple, loving little Audrey heir to an unexpecte ...more
Published 1910 by The Macmillan Company

To ask other readers questions about Hearts and Coronets, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hearts and Coronets

Ginny Messina
Nov 17, 2008 Ginny Messina rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult
Thank you to my goodreads friends who made this very charming book available to me (and in such a lovely edition!). Published in 1910, this story will appeal to anyone who likes old-fashioned sentimental girls’ stories. Like other reviewers here, I didn’t mind at all that the plot is fairly unoriginal. It’s still a cozy and very entertaining story, with a likeable heroine.

And I agree that this book has all the appeal of other girls’ books from this time period that have become classics, while H
Lisa Vegan
Oct 27, 2008 Lisa Vegan rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: women and girls who enjoy classic young adult novels
Recommended to Lisa by: Abigail A.
Thanks to a generous cross country Godoreads friend, I got the opportunity to read a lovely edition of this difficult to find 1910 ya/children’s novel.

The story seemed so familiar that for the first two thirds of the book I actually wondered if I’d read it when I was younger, but I determined that I hadn’t read it previously, but the story contained so many elements common in other books.

The story is old fashioned, with dated ideas about class, and with language and pastimes that are obviously
Alexa Burks
Alexa Burks marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2016
Ian Donnelly
Ian Donnelly marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2016
Mickslibrarian
Mickslibrarian marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2010
Kristina  UK
Kristina UK marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2009
Emily
Emily rated it liked it
May 21, 2009
Kathryn
Kathryn marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2009
Bethany
Bethany marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2008
CLM
CLM marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2008
The daughter of a Welsh landowner and MP, Alice Theodora Raikes was born in 1863, and was married to barrister William Arthur Wilson-Fox in 1889. She published novels, stories, and tracts from 1905, including juvenile novels such as Hearts and Coronets (1910) and A Regular Madam (1912). She died in 1943.
More about Alice Wilson Fox...