Start by marking “The Bobbsey Twins' Search in the Great City (Bobbsey Twins, #9)” as Want to Read:
The Bobbsey Twins' Search in the Great City (Bobbsey Twins, #9)

The Bobbsey Twins' Search in the Great City (Original Bobbsey Twins #9)

3.85 of 5 stars 3.85  ·  rating details  ·  169 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Travel with the Bobbseys to New York City -- and help them solve another mystery!
Published June 3rd 2004 by Grosset & Dunlap (first published 1917)

To ask other readers questions about The Bobbsey Twins' Search in the Great City, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Bobbsey Twins' Search in the Great City

The Bobbsey twins – both sets! – are going on a picnic with their parents at the Meredith estate. They are looking forward to a happy, fun-filled time. Which, it is, only – someone steals their blueberry pie! And while they’re driving home, they see… a cheetah?!?

It turns out that the cheetah is from the small zoo on the Meredith estate. The Bobbseys make friends with the caretaker at the zoo and learn that he has been separated from his brother and sister since he was twelve years old. He’s neve
Jane
Reading on Gutenberg, because children's series written around the turn of the century fascinate me (not their updated incarnations, with all their political-correctness). Just the fact that Mr Bobbsey calls his children fat (in an admiring way) is hilarious! But dated or no, these parents need to either up their skills or get some leashes for the younger kids. Exhibit A: On losing his children for the bajillionth time, Mr Bobbsey says, "Now, as I said, don't worry. In a city children are always ...more
Trista
Although somewhat dated, The Bobsey Twins' series has value for 8-12 year olds. I read it to my 8 year old and she enjoyed the story. And there was vocabulary she learned, but it wasn't so above her head that she became disinterested or frustrated. The text was written so difficult vocabulary can be understood thru the context of the story. The parenting depicted in the book may offend some helicopter parents of today. But it's a story from a different time.
♆ BookAddict ♨ ✒ La Crimson Femme❇ ♐
I read every Bobbsey Twins adventures I could get my hands on from the age of 9 through 11. Summers were wonderful and I could borrow from the library and read these books. I could borrow 8 books every 2 weeks. Soon, I needed more than that and had to fight the librarian for more books. Now, I can do 8 books in a day. Sigh.
Kristine Pratt
Good grief, can't those younger Bobbsey's stay put for a second? As a parent I'm horrified at how quickly they wander off - even after being told several times not to. Sheesh! Sorry, can't give this one better - too many coincidences though I enjoyed the trip to New York City with all the Twins. A fun read, but not their best.
Darby
I spent a week or more at my Grandparents during the summer. They had all the Bobbsey Twin books and many Nancy Drew books. So I would lay in my Grandmother's garden and read. I remember enjoy all of the adventure of the Bobbsey Twins.
Gauri Verma
Read it when i was a kid.... it was great.... my interest built when i read these types of books.'m
Caroline
Caroline marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2014
Jean
Jean marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2014
Sabrina The Book Lover
Sabrina The Book Lover marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2014
Stephanie fidis
Stephanie fidis marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2014
Michele Myer
Michele Myer marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2014
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2014
Erica
Erica marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2014
Scott
Scott added it
Aug 18, 2014
Cassandra
Cassandra marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Encyclopedia Brown and the Case of the Slippery Salamander (Encyclopedia Brown, #22)
  • Cherry Ames, Veterans' Nurse (Cherry Ames, #6)
  • Bicycle Mystery (The Boxcar Children, #15)
  • February Friend (Calendar Mysteries, #2)
  • The Masked Monkey (Hardy Boys, #51)
  • The Mysterious Code (Trixie Belden #7)
The Bobbsey Twins are the principal characters of what was, for many years, the Stratemeyer Syndicate's longest-running series of children's novels, penned under the pseudonym Laura Lee Hope. Series written under this pseudonym include: The Bobbsey Twins (1904-), The Outdoor Girls (23 vols. 1913-1933), The Moving Picture Girls (7 vols. 1914-1916), Bunny Brown (20 vols. 1916-1931), Six Little Bunke ...more
More about Laura Lee Hope...
The Bobbsey Twins of Lakeport (Bobbsey Twins, #1) The Bobbsey Twins' Adventure in the Country (Bobbsey Twins, #2) The Secret at the Seashore The Bobbsey Twins' Big Adventure at Home (The Bobbsey Twins #8) The Bobbsey Twins on a Houseboat (Bobbsey Twins, #6)