Start by marking “The Bobbsey Twins' Adventure in Washington” as Want to Read:
The Bobbsey Twins' Adventure in Washington

The Bobbsey Twins' Adventure in Washington (Original Bobbsey Twins #12)

3.76  ·  Rating Details  ·  219 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
Embark with the Bobbseys as they go on a class trip to Washington. What mysteries will await them?
Published June 3rd 2004 by Grosset & Dunlap (first published 1919)

To ask other readers questions about The Bobbsey Twins' Adventure in Washington, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Bobbsey Twins' Adventure in Washington

Cute, but not my favorite of the Bobbsey twins book.
Brenda
Nov 24, 2015 Brenda rated it really liked it
Loved this book as a child. Wholesome adventure. Loved reading this again as a Grandma. It was written @ the beginning of the Space Race so it was very interesting to re-read it again 44 years later!
Deb
This was trip down memory lane for me. I loved The Bobbsey Twins series when I was a kid, and I read all that I could put my hands on. I had discovered a set of them in my grandmother's attic, and they were all the original editions, published in the early years of the 20th century. This is a title that I never found. I loved visiting with Nan and Bert, and Freddie and Flossie. The plot is simple: Mr. Bobbsey takes the family to Washington, DC on an extended business trip. The children go sights ...more
Debbie Phillips
Jul 05, 2016 Debbie Phillips rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great!
What trouble the littlest twins get into!
Freddie got lost at the Sears Tower, read to find out where and what they found him doing.
Flossie got lost at the Library of Congress, she was looking for a picture book, read to find out where they found the little cutie pie.
Flossie's hat blue out the window of the Washington monument. Did she get it back??? you will have to read and find out!
Freddie rang the fire bell and called "FIRE!!" on the boat on the way to Mt. Vernon, to find out what a com
Aubree Bowling
Mar 22, 2012 Aubree Bowling rated it liked it
Perhaps my imagination is too active, but knowing that these B. Twins books were written by ghost writers and committees, I felt like whomever wrote this one has a wicked sense of humor. There seemed to be a faint touch of irony to the formulaic descriptions of the kids and a tongue implanted in a cheek during some of the "mishaps" that so readily befall the kids in these stories. I only have 3 of these left to read from the original public domain avialable series and this is far and away the mo ...more
Terri
May 10, 2009 Terri rated it liked it
The Bobbsey's visit Washington DC on a class tripand solve two mysteries: The missing plans of an inventor they know, and the missing pieces of a tea set for Miss Pomfret.

My what another world it was. Where kids could leave their school trip and go all over DC by themselves, walking up to strangers and ask questions. LOL

I loved the DC setting with all its visits to landmarks and places I know. I laughed at their amazement at the "foreign" food shishkabobs. Very nostalgic read.
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
I read every Bobbsey Twins adventures I could get my hands on from the age of 9 through 11. Summers were wonderful and I could borrow from the library and read these books. I could borrow 8 books every 2 weeks. Soon, I needed more than that and had to fight the librarian for more books. Now, I can do 8 books in a day. Sigh.
David Ward
Nov 19, 2015 David Ward rated it it was ok
Shelves: kids-books, fiction
The Bobbsey Twins Adventure in Washington (Original Bobbsey Twins #12) by Laura Lee Hope (Grosset & Dunlap 2004) (Fiction - Children's). The twins go on a field trip to the nation's capitol. Adventures seen to follow wherever they go! My rating: 7/10, finished 1967.
Linda
May 29, 2010 Linda rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I remember reading the Bobbsey Twins books when I was little. Reaqding one as an adult brought back memories. The book is a bit silly with the little twins doing naughty things and not getting in trouble.
Roshni
Mar 26, 2011 Roshni rated it it was ok
Shelves: mystery
Not as good as Enid Blyton, it is the same idea, but doesn't have that British charm
Elly
Nov 20, 2013 Elly rated it it was ok
I still think that this book is boring.............
Lena
Lena added it
Aug 23, 2016
Tonya
Tonya added it
Aug 16, 2016
Rachael Colling
Rachael Colling rated it it was ok
Aug 14, 2016
Nancy
Nancy rated it really liked it
Jul 18, 2016
Lynna
Lynna rated it it was ok
Jul 18, 2016
Adrian Aguilar
Adrian Aguilar rated it liked it
Jul 13, 2016
Ava
Ava rated it it was amazing
Jun 30, 2016
Cynthia
Cynthia rated it it was amazing
Jun 04, 2016
Amit
Amit added it
Jun 03, 2016
Anna
Anna marked it as to-read
May 26, 2016
JESSICA
JESSICA marked it as to-read
May 07, 2016
Diane Runyan
Diane Runyan rated it liked it
May 02, 2016
Ahmed H. Mansour
Ahmed H. Mansour marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2016
Nancy
Nancy added it
Apr 25, 2016
  • The Happy Hollisters at Lizard Cove (Happy Hollisters, #13)
  • The Clue in the Embers (Hardy Boys, #35)
  • Five Little Peppers Midway (Five Little Peppers, #2)
  • Dick Whittington and His Cat
  • Betsy and the Boys
  • Rod Serling's Twilight Zone
  • Paddington Treasury
  • Cam Jansen and the Graduation Day Mystery (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #31)
The Bobbsey Twins are the principal characters of what was, for many years, the Stratemeyer Syndicate's longest-running series of children's novels, penned under the pseudonym Laura Lee Hope. Series written under this pseudonym include: The Bobbsey Twins (1904-), The Outdoor Girls (23 vols. 1913-1933), The Moving Picture Girls (7 vols. 1914-1916), Bunny Brown (20 vols. 1916-1931), Six Little Bunke ...more
More about Laura Lee Hope...

Original Bobbsey Twins (1 - 10 of 72 books)
  • The Bobbsey Twins of Lakeport (Bobbsey Twins, #1)
  • The Bobbsey Twins' Adventure in the Country (Bobbsey Twins, #2)
  • The Secret at the Seashore
  • The Bobbsey Twins' Mystery at School (Bobbsey Twins, #4)
  • The Bobbsey Twins and the Mystery at Snow Lodge (Bobbsey Twins, #5)
  • The Bobbsey Twins on a Houseboat (Bobbsey Twins, #6)
  • The Bobbsey Twins' Mystery at Meadowbrook (Bobbsey Twins, #7)
  • The Bobbsey Twins' Big Adventure at Home (The Bobbsey Twins #8)
  • The Bobbsey Twins' Search in the Great City (Bobbsey Twins, #9)
  • The Bobbsey Twins on Blueberry Island (Original Bobbsey Twins #10)