Start by marking “The Random House Book of Greek Myths (Random House Book of...)” as Want to Read:
The Random House Book of Greek Myths (Random House Book of...)

The Random House Book of Greek Myths (Random House Book of...)

3.69 of 5 stars 3.69  ·  rating details  ·  26 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Greek myths make up the very pillar of Western culture. But they are more than classic stories every child should know. They are rousing tales—rich in character, drama, and high adventure—that have captured readers through the ages. In The Random House Book of Greek Myths, Hugo Award-winning author Joan D. Vinge introduces the Greek gods and goddesses and retells fourteen ...more
Published October 12th 1999 by Random House Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about The Random House Book of Greek Myths, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Random House Book of Greek Myths

Lauren
I enjoyed this book but not as much as this one I am borrowing from my teacher.( has different stories and characters)
Catriona
I was thoroughly disappointed with this book. It was so tedious, and had absolutely no detail, whatsoever. I was very bored reading this book, as the information it gave was very simple, and I had already known all the stories within the book. The major highlight of this book was that there were small profiles of a few gods and goddesses, not very many, and even then, the highlights could have been improved! I was also disappointed with this book because of its high lack of content. This book lo ...more
Tamar
Jessica Bennett
I just love reading about greek myths and the gods and goddesses in general so I loved this book. I thought it was written well. Because of the straight up sort of tone the stories are not too lengthy, which is good because the book contains most of the well known stories. It also tells about each of the gods and goddesses and some of the minor ones. Not only was it fun to read but it is also informative.
Lindsay
I read this to educate myself on the classic stories of the Greek gods. I read quite a bit of English literature and Greek and Roman mythology frequently is mentioned in passing. I hope I will be able to remember who the author is mentioning now. :) This children's book gave me just enough information to get the story and it was a quick read.
Patricia Trigo
Patricia Trigo marked it as to-read
May 03, 2015
Lillian
Lillian marked it as to-read
May 01, 2015
Aileen
Aileen added it
Mar 20, 2015
Dane Morgan
Dane Morgan marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2014
Anna
Anna added it
Jul 26, 2014
Cara Noyes
Cara Noyes marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2014
Yinzadi
Yinzadi marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2013
Lindsay Jepsen
Lindsay Jepsen marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2013
Racie
Racie marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2013
Bruno Graça
Bruno Graça marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2013
Bethany N Wallace
Bethany N Wallace marked it as to-read
May 16, 2013
Cmlynner
Cmlynner is currently reading it
May 12, 2013
Eliseo
Eliseo added it
Mar 09, 2013
Jennifer Gilbert
Jennifer Gilbert marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2013
Alicetheotaku
Alicetheotaku marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2013
Joan D. Vinge (born Joan Carol Dennison) is an American science fiction author. She is known for such works as her Hugo Award-winning novel The Snow Queen and its sequels, her series about the telepath named Cat, and her Heaven's Chronicles books.
More about Joan D. Vinge...
The Snow Queen (The Snow Queen Cycle, #1) The Summer Queen (The Snow Queen Cycle, #3) Catspaw (Cat, #2) Psion (Cat, #1) Ladyhawke