Start by marking “The Chef's Choice” as Want to Read:
The Chef's Choice

The Chef's Choice (The McBains of Grace Harbor #1)

3.19  ·  Rating Details  ·  27 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
Ian and Amanda McBain didn't raise a foolTheir daughter Cady could spot a player a mile away...and Damon Hurst was a textbook player. What the hell was a celebrity chef doing in Grace Harbor, anyway? True, he was trying to save the family business, but helping her family didn't give him carte blanche to Cady. She'd heard the rumors: the parade of pop tarts, the raunchy par ...more
Published August 1st 2008 by Silhouette Books

To ask other readers questions about The Chef's Choice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Chef's Choice

Athica Lane by Brynne AsherFeel the Heat by Kate MeaderBig Bad Beast by Shelly LaurenstonTruly by Ruthie KnoxAll Fired Up by Kate Meader
Sizzle: Chefs in Romance
84th out of 110 books — 25 voters
The Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsKushiel's Mercy by Jacqueline CareyGrimspace by Ann AguirreAudrey, Wait! by Robin BenwayGraceling by Kristin Cashore
DABWAHA 2009
46th out of 64 books — 1 voter

More lists with this book...

Jim son of Jim (formerly PhotoJim)
After reading another Hardy book in the Blaze series, I wasn't sure what to expect. Apparently the Silhouette series is more subdued when it comes to sex.

OK story, but good characters. Cady McBain is an independent daughter working as a landscaper in a Maine town. Her parents, who own an inn and restaurant, have hired a disgraced celebrity chef, Damon Hurst, to put them back on the map and save the business. Who knew he liked opinionated redheads?

Having friends in the food industry (including a
Tonileg
Feb 01, 2014 Tonileg rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
Country inn with a restaurant is the setting for this romance where the groundskeeper and the new celebrity chef find love when they are both not looking for it.
Ian and Amanda McBain own the inn at Grace Harbor and their children are single and still around helping with the B & B. Cady takes care of the grounds and is starting up a new landscaping business when the famous chef Damon Hurst shows up to take the position of head chef in their attached restaurant.
Grace Harbor seems like an ideal
Aishee
This was my first encounter with a mills and boon Special Moments and after reading this, I was completely grinning. I was attracted to this because I'm a sucker for small town romances(the Nicholas Sparks influence)and when there is a celebrity chef as a hero...now thats too much of a good thing.

This is the first book of the 'The McBains Of Grace Harbor' series. This tells the story Of Cady Mcbain who is a landscape designer and the way her life changes after she meets the new chef at her paren
Gail
This was a fun read. Heroine's getting her landscaping firm off the ground and trying to help parents run their family resort/B&B in Maine. They've hired a new chef--a former TV personality chef who's crashed and burned, and is trying to get his feet back on the ground. He's the hero. They strike sparks off each other from 1st minute--she doesn't trust him, he's attracted and amused by her defensiveness. Her parents are willing to take the chance, but she's not so sure. The romance builds sl ...more
ஐ Briansgirl (Book Sale Queen)ஐ
I would have rated it higher as the story is great, but I was unhappy with the ending. I really felt it needed an epilogue. Throughout the story there were questions as to the future of the inn and the resteraunt with her parents at retirement age. I wanted to know if they married and bought the inn and ran both the inn and the resteruant together. I just wanted to know a bit more to tie up what felt like loose ends. But up until the last page, I loved the story. I just wanted an epilogue.
Lori Green
Jan 25, 2011 Lori Green rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
A DNF for me unfortunately. I couldn't accept the premise at all and the attraction between the H/h made no sense. If I can't believe that the characters have a basis for attraction then I'm lost to the idea that they can fall in love.
Tina
May 01, 2009 Tina rated it liked it
Good and easy reading. Enjoyable, yet not too heavy.
Carey
Carey marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2016
Leslie R.
Leslie R. rated it really liked it
Feb 07, 2016
Beiza
Beiza added it
Nov 28, 2015
Sheila Farrier
Sheila Farrier rated it liked it
Nov 07, 2015
Kme_17
Kme_17 marked it as to-read
Oct 24, 2015
LizzieB
LizzieB rated it liked it
Jul 10, 2015
namericanwordcat
namericanwordcat marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2015
Randi Walter
Randi Walter marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2015
namericanwordcat
namericanwordcat marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2014
Anabela
Anabela rated it liked it
Jul 25, 2014
Aisyah Roslan
Aisyah Roslan marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2015
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2014
Amy Wright
Amy Wright marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2015
Marsha
Marsha marked it as to-read
May 10, 2014
Puna
Puna marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2014
Nadia
Nadia rated it really liked it
Mar 06, 2014
Anna Esque
Anna Esque marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2014
Fernande
Fernande marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2013
Suz
Suz marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2013
Hannah
Hannah rated it really liked it
Oct 30, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
I've been book crazy my entire life. When my mom would tell me to go to bed, I'd hide in the bathroom just so I could read a few more pages. In the afternoons, I'd play with my dog, Misty, in the backyard and tell her elaborate stories of princesses and Indians, dressing the dog up to play the part.

I grew up in Anaheim, California, home of Disneyland. When I was 12, I started my first novel, about
More about Kristin Hardy...

The McBains of Grace Harbor (2 books)
  • The Boss's Proposal