Thoughts Are Things

Thoughts Are Things

3.99 of 5 stars 3.99  ·  rating details  ·  153 ratings  ·  18 reviews
Prentice Mulford was one of the leaders of the New Thought Movement. Thoughts are Things will help you use the power of your thoughts to improve your life and to bring yourself the peace of mind you've always wished for. Learn how to think in a way that will help you succeed and make you happier in every aspect of your life. This book holds the Secret to the Law of Attract...more
Published January 22nd 2008 by Wilder Publications (first published 1908)

To ask other readers questions about Thoughts Are Things, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Thoughts Are Things

Bobbi
read it 2 yrs ago and as i was going through some changes and looking for "things" and "thinking" alot. How nice when just the right things show up at just the right time.
Chela
Jan 11, 2009 Chela is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
So far, I find that if I had read this book several years ago, I wouldn't have needed to buy more than 1/2 of the books on my shelves now. This book says it all. wow.
Michael Jay
To learn from a contemporary of Emerson, from a person who valued the essence of a person is a strength-generating process -- I understand the transcendent movement to be one which cultivates the energy of a person in constructive and binding ways, constructive in a visible and non-visible sense, and binding in a way that frees the hand for greater layers of constructive thought and action. The action is the drive of the movement, to make visible through motion what is invisible in a static mome...more
Kara Lane
Prentice Mulford wrote this book in 1889, long before more well-known, contemporary authors began writing about the power of thought. Despite being over 100 years old, this is a powerful book on thought.

Mulford explains we have, in effect, two minds: the mind of the body and the mind of the spirit. The mind of the body is limited and fights change. It thinks things must always be the way they've always been. The mind of the spirit trusts in the Supreme Power which made all things and knows that...more
Kelley
This collection of essays was originally published in 1889. Due to his dated writing style it took me a couple of tries to get into the first essay. Once I did, it was all over. I couldn't put this book down. The last couple of essays are a bit over the top but I found gems of thought among them.
Favorites Essays: One Way to Cultivate Courage & The Infinite Mind in Nature.
Great book if you want to provoke your mind to think beyond the material plane of existence.
Belasonic
This is one of those books I can't believe was written in the 1890s and just kinda slipped by unnoticed. Mulford's ideas about thoughts as things are articulate, ahead of his (and our) time in his understanding of the simplicity of the field and its material manifestation. His advice offers practical applications for living with a better awareness of reality.
Daniel
Jan 05, 2008 Daniel rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Thinkers and everyone
Great book about the power of thoughts written in the late 1870's and is a precursor to "The Secret" and all that bull. Prentice Mulford is right on, instead of talking about the law of attraction and how to become rich he talks about spiritual transmutation. Read it.
Karl
Overall this book contains some empowering ideas that will undoubtedly improve the quality of my life and I am glad that I purchased a copy that I can frequently refer to. I find it wonderful that at a time in history when most people in the Western world were thinking about the physical nature of reality, there were a few individuals, like Prentice Mulford, that endeavored to “wake” people up to the power of thought.

Ideas such as, “Your real self moves with inconceivable rapidity as your though...more
Lorraine
Timeless, a must read! This book will forever change the way you think about life!
Karl

Heidi Wiechert
There are some moments where this work dates itself: especially when Mulford talks about the powers or spiritual practices of the "Indian" or "Chinaman". He was referring to those folks in the vernacular of his day, but I still found some of those passages cringe worthy.

If you can get beyond that, he has some solid ideas and practices in this work. Read it if you want to know more about the power of thought and belief from one of the founders of the New Thought movement.
Pat Elliott
Thoughts are Things was written in 1889 and having read it, I'm totally amazed by it. Yes, the writing is old fashioned, but once you get past that and into the meat of it, you will find food for the mind and spirit. An amazing read.
Cora
Excellent! I still can't believe he wrote this in the 1800's! I will call on this book again in the future and recommend it to anyone.
Jamie
This book is fascinating and deep. It stays with you the next day after you read a few chapters--I still think about the topics it brought up. It certainly will jar your brain and make you look and think about everyday things in a new light.
Sonia Portell
This is not a read straight through kind of book. You have to stop to process it.
Muhammad Arqum
3.5
Nothing particularly new, however a decent enough consolidation of ideas.
Velvetink
Jun 21, 2013 Velvetink marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
epub version
Michelle Axford
Michelle Axford marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2014
Liesele Stadeli
Liesele Stadeli marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2014
Michael
Michael marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2014
Abbey
Abbey is currently reading it
Aug 07, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
Can you control your life by your thoughts? 2 12 Oct 20, 2012 04:44AM
Prentice Mulford was a literary humorist and a co-founder of the New Thought movement.
More about Prentice Mulford...
Your Forces and How to Use Them - Prentice Mulford Thoughts Are Things & the God in You Unfug Des Lebens Und Des Sterbens (German Edition) Unfug Des Lebens Und Des Sterbens (German Edition) Thoughts are Things

“to say a thing 'must be', is the very power that makes it” 15 likes
“In the spiritual life every person is his or her own discoverer, and you need not grieve if your discoveries are not believed in by others. It is your business to push on find more and increase individual happiness” 10 likes