Start by marking “Manga Metamorphosis” as Want to Read:
Manga Metamorphosis

Manga Metamorphosis

4.55 of 5 stars 4.55  ·  rating details  ·  128 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Manga has emerged as the most popular comics category and is one of the fastest-growing genres in American publishing. Appealing to kids and adults, readers will find this edgy rendition of the early church accounts both compelling and highly engaging. This authentic, cutting-edge art style is combined with fast-paced story-telling to deliver biblical truths to an ever-cha ...more
Published August 18th 2008 by Tyndale House Publishers (first published August 4th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Manga Metamorphosis, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Manga Metamorphosis

K.D. Absolutely
Two years ago, I've read the Holy Bible from cover to cover. However, it is only now, thanks to this book, that I got a good understanding of what happened after Jesus died particularly the story of the apostles and how they spread Christianity in that part of the world.

Most of the gospel is focused on either the stories in Old Testaments and the ministry of Jesus. Even movies and books on New Testament are about Jesus so that was probably the reason that prior to this book, I only had sketchy
Steven Shroyer
The sequel to Manga Messiah picks up right where the other ends. This book covers the Book of Acts and some of the letters to the churches as Peter and later Paul begin their journey to spread the word of Jesus and his love to the masses. This book is definitely a must buy for the chapter featuring Peter visiting the home of the Roman guard Cornelius which will definitely warp the minds of those mega church going loons. A great book and a great story, don't miss it!
S.Q. Eries
Joe Frazier
The Next Manga (Japanese stylized comics) series is a vibrant, faithful look at Bible stories that provide a fresh and unique viewpoint in which to be immersed in and engaged by God's love and redemption for His people. It also does a beautiful job pointing to the source of those stories - God's word. I know for me, it's been a great way to reorient myself to well known stories in a fresh way.

Magna Metamorphosis provides a fluid, clear and faithful rendering of stories from the Acts of the Apost
Andy
I recently also read Manga Messiah and most of my review for that would also apply here: (https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...)

In short. It's enjoyable to read, looks good, and sticks closely to the events in the book Acts. But there's so much packed in it doesn't flow like a typical novel, and it's aimed at young teens.
Jayde Deleeuw
A manga based on the new Christian Church in Acts! How cool! Of course you have to read it with your mind open to the fact that this is not the Bible, but I found it to be very accurate and definitely doing what I'm sure they set out to do.

I'm twenty-one and have read Acts a few times in my years of being a Christian, but this just gave me a new perspective on it which is really helpful for when you go back to read the Bible. It helped me to view the people in Acts more as regular people and dr
Benita Prudence
Honestly one of the best mangas I have ever read! It's just greatly visualized....very easy way to understand the bible.
Nick B.
The book was really awesome! I actually borrowed this from the church library and a lot of it has a good influence!
Hadi Wijaya
This book is telling the part of Bible book Acts and several Paul's letter. Interesting and make us understand the chronological stories behind each letters and also discover several information included, such as the appearance of Luke and Mark who is the Gospel writer. I glad to be able to read this series and I find that there are others episode of this manga series (Mutiny, Melech, Messengers). I will surely follow them all :D.
Jeff
New to Manga (as I have heard it is all the rage outside of the US), but found this interesting to take the book of Acts and add graphics. I'm not going to run out and read other books in this format, but would not shy away if something caught my eye. At first you might feel a bit "weird" for reading it...maybe even childish...but in the end this book was a great supplement to reading the Bible. Give it a try...
Matti Karjalainen
Kozumi Shinozawan "Manga Metamorphosis" (Suomen Pipliaseura, 2011) on Uuden testamentin kirjoituksiin perustuva sarjakuva apostoleista ja heidän teoistaan. Lopputulos ei ole lainkaan hassumpi, ja mikä parasta, sarjakuva ei sorru missään vaiheessa liiallisen kohderyhmän kosiskeluun.
Christopher Smith
One of my top favorites in the series, chronicling the story of Paul, based on scripture!
Kenneth Jr.
Brings the Book of Acts and the apostle paul words alive.
Kirsty
pretty good so far
Luis
Feb 05, 2013 Luis rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: rad
muy bueno
Muqtadir Kurosaki
Muqtadir Kurosaki is currently reading it
Jul 17, 2015
Animelove24 Brown
Animelove24 Brown marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2015
Gail
Gail marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2015
Tyreshiana monson adams
Tyreshiana monson adams marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2015
Dale VandenDool
Dale VandenDool marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2015
Peter Way
Peter Way marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2015
Eurich Naz
Eurich Naz marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2015
  • Manga Mutiny
  • Manga Messiah
  • ChocoMimi, Volume 3
  • High School Debut, Vol. 10 (High School Debut, #10)
  • The Manga Bible: From Genesis to Revelation
  • Under Cover: The Promise of Protection Under His Authority
  • Take Your Best Shot: Do Something Bigger Than Yourself
  • Special A, Vol. 12 (Special A, #12)
  • It's Not About Me Teen Edition
  • 俺様ティーチャー 16 (Oresama Teacher #16)
  • ゆかりズム 1 (Yukarism, #1)