Start by marking “Manga Metamorphosis” as Want to Read:
Manga Metamorphosis

Manga Metamorphosis

4.57  ·  Rating Details  ·  150 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
Manga has emerged as the most popular comics category and is one of the fastest-growing genres in American publishing. Appealing to kids and adults, readers will find this edgy rendition of the early church accounts both compelling and highly engaging. This authentic, cutting-edge art style is combined with fast-paced story-telling to deliver biblical truths to an ever-cha ...more
Published September 1st 2008 by Tyndale House Publishers (first published August 4th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Manga Metamorphosis, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Manga Metamorphosis

K.D. Absolutely
Jan 16, 2015 K.D. Absolutely rated it really liked it
Shelves: religion, comics
Two years ago, I've read the Holy Bible from cover to cover. However, it is only now, thanks to this book, that I got a good understanding of what happened after Jesus died particularly the story of the apostles and how they spread Christianity in that part of the world.

Most of the gospel is focused on either the stories in Old Testaments and the ministry of Jesus. Even movies and books on New Testament are about Jesus so that was probably the reason that prior to this book, I only had sketchy
Steven Shroyer
Jun 26, 2014 Steven Shroyer rated it it was amazing
The sequel to Manga Messiah picks up right where the other ends. This book covers the Book of Acts and some of the letters to the churches as Peter and later Paul begin their journey to spread the word of Jesus and his love to the masses. This book is definitely a must buy for the chapter featuring Peter visiting the home of the Roman guard Cornelius which will definitely warp the minds of those mega church going loons. A great book and a great story, don't miss it!
S.Q. Eries
Jan 06, 2014 S.Q. Eries rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
Jayde Deleeuw
Jan 18, 2013 Jayde Deleeuw rated it it was amazing
A manga based on the new Christian Church in Acts! How cool! Of course you have to read it with your mind open to the fact that this is not the Bible, but I found it to be very accurate and definitely doing what I'm sure they set out to do.

I'm twenty-one and have read Acts a few times in my years of being a Christian, but this just gave me a new perspective on it which is really helpful for when you go back to read the Bible. It helped me to view the people in Acts more as regular people and dr
Joe Frazier
Jul 24, 2014 Joe Frazier rated it really liked it
The Next Manga (Japanese stylized comics) series is a vibrant, faithful look at Bible stories that provide a fresh and unique viewpoint in which to be immersed in and engaged by God's love and redemption for His people. It also does a beautiful job pointing to the source of those stories - God's word. I know for me, it's been a great way to reorient myself to well known stories in a fresh way.

Magna Metamorphosis provides a fluid, clear and faithful rendering of stories from the Acts of the Apost
Benita Kasekete
Feb 11, 2015 Benita Kasekete rated it it was amazing
Honestly one of the best mangas I have ever read! It's just greatly visualized....very easy way to understand the bible.
Nick B.
Jun 03, 2015 Nick B. rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christ-books
The book was really awesome! I actually borrowed this from the church library and a lot of it has a good influence!
Andy
Feb 21, 2014 Andy rated it liked it
I recently also read Manga Messiah and most of my review for that would also apply here: (https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...)

In short. It's enjoyable to read, looks good, and sticks closely to the events in the book Acts. But there's so much packed in it doesn't flow like a typical novel, and it's aimed at young teens.
Jessica Dimaandal
How can I read this book? sorry, I'm a newbje here. thank you!
Jessica Dizon
i love this book soooooo good
Hadi Wijaya
Jun 17, 2012 Hadi Wijaya rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics
This book is telling the part of Bible book Acts and several Paul's letter. Interesting and make us understand the chronological stories behind each letters and also discover several information included, such as the appearance of Luke and Mark who is the Gospel writer. I glad to be able to read this series and I find that there are others episode of this manga series (Mutiny, Melech, Messengers). I will surely follow them all :D.
Jeff
Mar 09, 2010 Jeff rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2010-book-list
New to Manga (as I have heard it is all the rage outside of the US), but found this interesting to take the book of Acts and add graphics. I'm not going to run out and read other books in this format, but would not shy away if something caught my eye. At first you might feel a bit "weird" for reading it...maybe even childish...but in the end this book was a great supplement to reading the Bible. Give it a try...
Matti Karjalainen
Kozumi Shinozawan "Manga Metamorphosis" (Suomen Pipliaseura, 2011) on Uuden testamentin kirjoituksiin perustuva sarjakuva apostoleista ja heidän teoistaan. Lopputulos ei ole lainkaan hassumpi, ja mikä parasta, sarjakuva ei sorru missään vaiheessa liiallisen kohderyhmän kosiskeluun.
Christopher Smith
Jun 23, 2013 Christopher Smith rated it it was amazing
One of my top favorites in the series, chronicling the story of Paul, based on scripture!
Kenneth Jr.
Sep 08, 2012 Kenneth Jr. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brings the Book of Acts and the apostle paul words alive.
Kirsty
Oct 06, 2010 Kirsty rated it liked it
pretty good so far
Luis
Feb 05, 2013 Luis rated it it was amazing
Shelves: rad
muy bueno
Jomar Lincuna
Jomar Lincuna marked it as to-read
May 23, 2016
Nicole Phoenix
Nicole Phoenix rated it it was amazing
May 12, 2016
Michael Galdamez
Michael Galdamez rated it it was amazing
May 09, 2016
Jocelyn Christy
Jocelyn Christy marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2016
Débora
Débora marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2016
Rachel Hansen
Rachel Hansen rated it it was amazing
Apr 20, 2016
ReaderGal
ReaderGal marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2016
Tanya Gonzales
Tanya Gonzales rated it really liked it
Apr 16, 2016
André Neves
André Neves rated it it was amazing
Apr 11, 2016
Kamonie Bridgemazn
Kamonie Bridgemazn marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2016
Jazel Margarette
Jazel Margarette marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2016
Mary Grace
Mary Grace rated it it was amazing
Apr 03, 2016
  • Manga Mutiny
  • Manga Messiah
  • ChocoMimi, Volume 3
  • The Manga Bible: From Genesis to Revelation
  • High School Debut, Vol. 09 (High School Debut, #9)
  • ばらかもん6 [Barakamon 6](デジタル版ガンガンコミックスONLINE)
  • 俺様ティーチャー 18 (Oresama Teacher #18)
  • Special A, Vol. 15 (Special A, #15)
  • It's Not About Me Teen Edition