Start by marking “Ask the Awakened: The Negative Way” as Want to Read:
Ask the Awakened: The Negative Way

Ask the Awakened: The Negative Way

4.36 of 5 stars 4.36  ·  rating details  ·  36 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Between the years 1958 and 1974, a series of books appeared that were attributed to the mysterious Wei Wu Wei. This is a new edition of perhaps the most important of these. It draws on a variety of sources, including Taoism (specifically texts attributed to Lao Tzu and Chuang Tzu); Buddhism (especially the Heart, Diamond, and Lankavatara Sutras); Chan Buddhism (as taught b ...more
Published April 1st 2002 by Sentient Publications (first published January 28th 1963)

To ask other readers questions about Ask the Awakened, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ask the Awakened

Michael Armijo
Am I Missing Something Here?

Okay...I consider myself a spiritual human being and I have been so enlightened by the Dalai Lama book 'The Art of Happiness' or Marlo Morgan's 'Mutant Message from Forever' or even "As It Is" (another great one by Tony Parsons); however, this one did NOT awaken me. If anything I wanted to fall asleep many times. It's a bunch of mish-mosh for some so-called person to think they're "enlightened" when (if you've read 'As It Is') one will realize that NO ONE can ever be
Amazan274
I give this book five starts because it is a truly modern spiritual classic among the Wei Wu Wei books. The author is considered as one of the earliest interpreters of Zen Buddhism and Taoist philosophies. His classic tone might be perceived as boring by many individuals that are not used to this kind of ancient reading. However, once you learn to appreciate the tone and language, it becomes an inspiring experience for anyone who wants to be connected to the origins of spirituality.
Dean P
Another classic by Wei Wu Wei. I found this book to be a little more challenging to read, and relates closer to examining the teachings of certain Buddhist doctrines and writings in light of WWW's unique nondual take. If you enjoy his other books, you'll undoubtedly enjoy this too.
Jason Duffy
Sep 23, 2009 Jason Duffy is currently reading it
This guy is all over the place. I didn't like it.
Daniel Grosvenor
Daniel Grosvenor marked it as to-read
Dec 21, 2014
David Ring III
David Ring III marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2014
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2014
Maria De
Maria De marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2014
Greecelotus
Greecelotus marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2014
Rajiv
Rajiv marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2014
Eliot
Eliot marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2014
Yashwin Kumar
Yashwin Kumar marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
Remy Lebeau
Remy Lebeau is currently reading it
Jun 20, 2014
Sanjay Gautam
Sanjay Gautam marked it as to-read
May 30, 2014
Richard
Richard marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Why Lazarus Laughed: The Essential Doctrine, Zen--Advaita--Tantra Fingers Pointing Towards the Moon: Reflections of a Pilgrim on the Way Open Secret All Else is Bondage: Non Volitional Living The Tenth Man: The Great Joke (Which Made Lazarus Laugh)