Start by marking “The Fifth Angel” as Want to Read:
The Fifth Angel

The Fifth Angel

3.54 of 5 stars 3.54  ·  rating details  ·  440 ratings  ·  36 reviews
From the bestsellng author of "The Fourth Perimeter"--the riveting story of a quiet lawyer who takes matters into his own hands after his daughter is attacked by a sexual predator.
Published May 20th 2005 by Grand Central Publishing (first published January 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about The Fifth Angel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Fifth Angel

Joyce
The protagonist is an ex-DA whose 15 year old daughter was kidnapped and held for ten days by a predator. During that period she was raped and abused in a myriad of ways. She, after her escape, ends up in a Psychiatric Facility. His marriage dissolves and a couple of years after the kidnapping he is a partner in a prestigious law firm and, in his spare time a vigilante who pursues and kills child predators. His nemesis is a female FBI Agent who pursues and incarcerates these predators and is now...more
Jamie
I picked this up because I am a HUGE fan of the Count of Monte Cristo story and Green's modern retelling Exact Revenge was great. I was surprised to find this was written after Exact Revenge because, at least initially, I felt it was not as well written. Again, initially. As the story progresses and you are drawn more into the spiral toward impact of the two, arguably three, main characters, I found myself enjoying the telling much more and the style of writing lent itself to that setup. I have...more
Marca
A dad becomes an avenging angel after his daughter barely survives a pedophile serial killer. On his tail is an FBI agent with issues of her own. I found myself rooting for the avenging angel. I'd read more by Tim Green.

Note to audio book producers. I don’t want sound effects. If I read the book, I don’t hear gun blasts, waterfalls, screeching car tires, etc. I did not download a movie; I just want to hear the book as if I were reading it and let my imagination add the effects.
Monique
Somewhat unbelievable thriller about a man who sets out to kill sxual predators who did not spend enough time in jail for their crimes. The man is motivated by the kidnapping, torture and rape of his 10 year old daughter, now in a mental health institution because of the trauma.

The man takes multiple chances and it is only a matter of time until he gets caught. The ending is also not believable. All in all, not a great thriller.
LJ
THE FIFTH ANGEL – OK
Tim Green – 9th book
Jack Ruskin, a well-respected New York lawyer, is also living every parent's nightmare after his teenage daughter becomes the victim of a sexual predator. As Jack tends to her, his sorrow and pain gradually grow into hot-blooded rage and he decides to take matters into his own angry hands. This is a novel where the "good" guy is the criminal and the "bad" guy is the victim, and you have to decide whether retribution or justice is deserved.
*** This book co...more
Andrea
Jack Ruskin is a successful attorney. His daughter was kidnapped and held for a number of days, causing great mental harm. The suspect walked out of court a free man due to a ruling of inadmissibility of a key piece of evidence.

Jack Ruskin decides to go out and remove convicted sex offenders, and develops a style that enables him to leave very little evidence for law enforcement persons to develop into a case, which they are not particurlary inspired to do so anyway.

An FBI agent, whose boss was...more
Mari
quite boring and predictable. I found myself wondering if i write better than a published author. The story might have been great but it lacked the depth and i began to like the bad guy because he only had the depth to drag me in. The structure of the sentences was sometimes very monotonous and there was alot of "he did this, then this, and he did that".
Great story, but dull writing. also read some other books by him and none of those were really good.
Sarah Rogers
It truly was a book that was hard to put down. It is a great story about a man taking revenge for his daughter's victimization. I thought that at parts it might have been a little confusing there was several characters and 2 or 3 chapters would be about a certain character and then switched but it had to be that way for the story to make sense. It was awesome!!! I would recommend this to anyone who likes thrillers.
Eric McLean
Bland, predictable, and very shallow. I wanted to give this even two stars because the story was good, but the shallowness of the character development was astounding and I really could not find a single quality in any of the main characters that I actually liked. It was inconsistent and messy...this read like a John Grisham book, without anything good in it.
Sofia
Hummm it was ok. I had a hard time sticking to it, simply because this isn't my usual read. By the time I finished it, I was glad I stuck with it. It is worth the time if crime novels are your thing. It was easy to follow and the story line was plausible to a point. I might read another book or two of his, just to see what I think of him as an author.
Roger
The Fifth Angel has only one virtue-it was a quick read. Having finally tried a book by Tim Green I now know I never have to try another. To Green's credit he does manage to create something resembling suspense for almost five pages-that is the only reason this book made it to the two star level. Don't read this-save yourselves.
Marsha Mahla
I was a little worried when I read reviews on here, but I decided to read it anyways. This was an easy read. It held my attention, which is not always easy to do. I wondered what was going to happen next. Great American novel? Perhaps not. Good beach or poolside read? That's about it.
Beth
This story gripped me from beginning to end and still has a hold on me! Yes, the subject matter can & does challenge one's morals/beliefs of vigilante type justice. If you want a "Wow!" experience, this story will give it to you.
Janet
Had a very tough time reading this book. Not sure what the problem was. Just couldn't keep my interest. Maybe to tell the truth it was the reader. I hate to judge a book on a reader. But he totally sucked. I will have to try it again.
Scott Fackenthall
My first Tim Green novel. Hope to read many more. Brings Jack to life. An eye for an eye lawyer who just wants to kill all sex offenders he can to Calm his guilts for his responsibility of his daughters death.
Cheri
Oct 28, 2008 Cheri rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Cheri by: booklady111@msn.com
Shelves: readbutdontown
An interesting idea. You want to root for the "bad" guy, because you understand his reason for killing - but you're not supposed to like the killer. Not a bad story, and a pretty quick read.
Cheryl
From the Gates Library. This book was rated pretty highly and didn't dissapoint. The characters were caught between a bad choice, and a worse choice (I love that!). A worthy read.
Chriser123 Dittman
This is a dark story and a little choppy in the way the stories cross. It would make a good discussion book because it is controversial. It deals with child molestation and revenge.
Kelly
A vigilante story but it's more interesting than simply exacting revenge. I felt for the father who chose to punish sexual deviants after his own daughter was brutally truamatized.
Caroline
2.5 stars. Very readable in an airport kind of a style. Not a lot of depth but kept me interested until the end
Juli Dunn
I really liked this book. I found it entirely disturbing, though. So, take from that what you will. ;0)
Bill Mchargue
The author of this book will challenge your morals with the scenarios he has typed. An outstanding read!
Kay
An decent read. Easy reading level, but decent story and character development.
Michelle
main char turns out to be ser killer who kills bad guys! Only surprising thing
Katie
I just get the feeling that murder mysteries are no longer my thing.
Ronald Vasicek
I did not think it was all that gripping as the writeup states.
Susan
Oct 03, 2010 Susan added it
Better than Green's football novels.
lynn
Kind of a DaVinci code book
Parthraj
I NO HAVE WORD ABOUT IT.
Wanda
Tough subject but done well.
  • Timothy's Game
  • Burn Factor
  • She Loves Me Not
  • The Viking Funeral (Shane Scully, #2)
  • The Last Good Day
  • Death Row (Ben Kincaid, #12)
  • Hide Your Eyes
  • Golden Fleece
  • Burnt Bones  (Special X, #7)
  • Suitable for Framing (Britt Montero, #3)
  • Hunting Season
  • The Disappearance (Luke Garrison, #1)
  • The Blue Hour
  • The Judas Solution (Blackcollar, #3)
  • Howling Mad
  • Depraved Indifference (Butch Karp, #2)
  • Using Drupal
  • The Second Saladin
Tim Green, for many years a star defensive end with the Atlanta Falcons, is a man of many talents. He's the author of such gripping books for adults as the New York Times bestselling The Dark Side of the Game and a dozen suspense novels, including Exact Revenge and Kingdom Come. Tim graduated covaledictorian from Syracuse University and was a first-round NFL draft pick. He later earned his law deg...more
More about Tim Green...
Football Hero (Football Genius, #2) Football Genius (Football Genius, #1) Baseball Great Unstoppable Football Champ (Football Genius, #3)