Start by marking “The Fifth Angel” as Want to Read:
The Fifth Angel

The Fifth Angel

3.61  ·  Rating Details  ·  537 Ratings  ·  43 Reviews
From the bestsellng author of "The Fourth Perimeter"--the riveting story of a quiet lawyer who takes matters into his own hands after his daughter is attacked by a sexual predator.
Published May 1st 2005 by Grand Central Publishing (first published January 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about The Fifth Angel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Fifth Angel

Fauner
Jan 23, 2016 Fauner rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well worth picking up...I couldn't put it down!
Darlene
Nov 10, 2015 Darlene rated it it was ok
This wasn't a bad book to read. The author is from my home state-I like seeing local people that have written books. I often wonder what or why someone wants to write a book. Many of us have probably thought about it, but never had the nerve to do it. Anyways, this book is about a lawyer, written by a lawyer, that has turned into a vigilante years after his daughter was kidnapped and held captive for 10 days and was tortured and other horrible things. As a result, she has shut down, lives in a f ...more
Cheryl
May 26, 2015 Cheryl rated it it was ok
Weakly written thriller.
Joyce
Jul 22, 2014 Joyce rated it really liked it
The protagonist is an ex-DA whose 15 year old daughter was kidnapped and held for ten days by a predator. During that period she was raped and abused in a myriad of ways. She, after her escape, ends up in a Psychiatric Facility. His marriage dissolves and a couple of years after the kidnapping he is a partner in a prestigious law firm and, in his spare time a vigilante who pursues and kills child predators. His nemesis is a female FBI Agent who pursues and incarcerates these predators and is now ...more
Jamie
Sep 06, 2013 Jamie rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery
I picked this up because I am a HUGE fan of the Count of Monte Cristo story and Green's modern retelling Exact Revenge was great. I was surprised to find this was written after Exact Revenge because, at least initially, I felt it was not as well written. Again, initially. As the story progresses and you are drawn more into the spiral toward impact of the two, arguably three, main characters, I found myself enjoying the telling much more and the style of writing lent itself to that setup. I have ...more
Marca
Jun 24, 2014 Marca rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A dad becomes an avenging angel after his daughter barely survives a pedophile serial killer. On his tail is an FBI agent with issues of her own. I found myself rooting for the avenging angel. I'd read more by Tim Green.

Note to audio book producers. I don’t want sound effects. If I read the book, I don’t hear gun blasts, waterfalls, screeching car tires, etc. I did not download a movie; I just want to hear the book as if I were reading it and let my imagination add the effects.
Monique
Jul 07, 2014 Monique rated it it was ok
Shelves: thrillers
Somewhat unbelievable thriller about a man who sets out to kill sxual predators who did not spend enough time in jail for their crimes. The man is motivated by the kidnapping, torture and rape of his 10 year old daughter, now in a mental health institution because of the trauma.

The man takes multiple chances and it is only a matter of time until he gets caught. The ending is also not believable. All in all, not a great thriller.
Animal
Sep 19, 2015 Animal rated it really liked it
Another great mystery thriller by Tim Green. I first read "The Fifth Perimeter" several years ago and instantly became a Green fan. And, "The Fifth Angel" didn't disappoint either. Full of action, mystery and suspense. A quick read and at times quite the page turner. The characters are well developed and the story moves along smoothly. Jack Ruskin is now everyone's hero.
LJ
THE FIFTH ANGEL – OK
Tim Green – 9th book
Jack Ruskin, a well-respected New York lawyer, is also living every parent's nightmare after his teenage daughter becomes the victim of a sexual predator. As Jack tends to her, his sorrow and pain gradually grow into hot-blooded rage and he decides to take matters into his own angry hands. This is a novel where the "good" guy is the criminal and the "bad" guy is the victim, and you have to decide whether retribution or justice is deserved.
*** This book co
Tom
Jun 14, 2015 Tom rated it really liked it
Good story about a father, who's daughter was tramatized by being abused and is in an institution. He then goes on a spree of killing several abusers, and doesn't get caught. He finally ends up helping the FBI agent who is tracking him, rescue her kids.
Andrea
Nov 15, 2010 Andrea rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: legal-thriller
Jack Ruskin is a successful attorney. His daughter was kidnapped and held for a number of days, causing great mental harm. The suspect walked out of court a free man due to a ruling of inadmissibility of a key piece of evidence.

Jack Ruskin decides to go out and remove convicted sex offenders, and develops a style that enables him to leave very little evidence for law enforcement persons to develop into a case, which they are not particurlary inspired to do so anyway.

An FBI agent, whose boss was
Gail Boch
Mar 05, 2016 Gail Boch rated it really liked it
Exciting thriller
Mari
Jul 14, 2012 Mari rated it did not like it
quite boring and predictable. I found myself wondering if i write better than a published author. The story might have been great but it lacked the depth and i began to like the bad guy because he only had the depth to drag me in. The structure of the sentences was sometimes very monotonous and there was alot of "he did this, then this, and he did that".
Great story, but dull writing. also read some other books by him and none of those were really good.
Sarah Rogers
Jul 09, 2011 Sarah Rogers rated it really liked it
It truly was a book that was hard to put down. It is a great story about a man taking revenge for his daughter's victimization. I thought that at parts it might have been a little confusing there was several characters and 2 or 3 chapters would be about a certain character and then switched but it had to be that way for the story to make sense. It was awesome!!! I would recommend this to anyone who likes thrillers.
Eric McLean
Aug 30, 2011 Eric McLean rated it did not like it
Bland, predictable, and very shallow. I wanted to give this even two stars because the story was good, but the shallowness of the character development was astounding and I really could not find a single quality in any of the main characters that I actually liked. It was inconsistent and messy...this read like a John Grisham book, without anything good in it.
Sofia
Jul 12, 2011 Sofia rated it liked it
Hummm it was ok. I had a hard time sticking to it, simply because this isn't my usual read. By the time I finished it, I was glad I stuck with it. It is worth the time if crime novels are your thing. It was easy to follow and the story line was plausible to a point. I might read another book or two of his, just to see what I think of him as an author.
Roger
Sep 05, 2011 Roger rated it it was ok
The Fifth Angel has only one virtue-it was a quick read. Having finally tried a book by Tim Green I now know I never have to try another. To Green's credit he does manage to create something resembling suspense for almost five pages-that is the only reason this book made it to the two star level. Don't read this-save yourselves.
Marsha Mahla
May 14, 2013 Marsha Mahla rated it really liked it
I was a little worried when I read reviews on here, but I decided to read it anyways. This was an easy read. It held my attention, which is not always easy to do. I wondered what was going to happen next. Great American novel? Perhaps not. Good beach or poolside read? That's about it.
Beth
May 23, 2009 Beth rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This story gripped me from beginning to end and still has a hold on me! Yes, the subject matter can & does challenge one's morals/beliefs of vigilante type justice. If you want a "Wow!" experience, this story will give it to you.
Janet
Dec 21, 2010 Janet rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Had a very tough time reading this book. Not sure what the problem was. Just couldn't keep my interest. Maybe to tell the truth it was the reader. I hate to judge a book on a reader. But he totally sucked. I will have to try it again.
Scott Fackenthall
Oct 01, 2012 Scott Fackenthall rated it really liked it
My first Tim Green novel. Hope to read many more. Brings Jack to life. An eye for an eye lawyer who just wants to kill all sex offenders he can to Calm his guilts for his responsibility of his daughters death.
Cheri
Oct 28, 2008 Cheri rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Cheri by: booklady111@msn.com
Shelves: readbutdontown
An interesting idea. You want to root for the "bad" guy, because you understand his reason for killing - but you're not supposed to like the killer. Not a bad story, and a pretty quick read.
Cheryl
Jul 04, 2010 Cheryl rated it really liked it
From the Gates Library. This book was rated pretty highly and didn't dissapoint. The characters were caught between a bad choice, and a worse choice (I love that!). A worthy read.
Chriser123 Dittman
Dec 14, 2012 Chriser123 Dittman rated it liked it
This is a dark story and a little choppy in the way the stories cross. It would make a good discussion book because it is controversial. It deals with child molestation and revenge.
Kelly
Jul 20, 2008 Kelly rated it liked it
A vigilante story but it's more interesting than simply exacting revenge. I felt for the father who chose to punish sexual deviants after his own daughter was brutally truamatized.
Caroline
Feb 16, 2010 Caroline rated it it was ok
2.5 stars. Very readable in an airport kind of a style. Not a lot of depth but kept me interested until the end
Juli Dunn
Oct 17, 2012 Juli Dunn rated it really liked it
I really liked this book. I found it entirely disturbing, though. So, take from that what you will. ;0)
Bill Mchargue
Jan 29, 2013 Bill Mchargue rated it it was amazing
The author of this book will challenge your morals with the scenarios he has typed. An outstanding read!
Kay
Sep 12, 2012 Kay rated it liked it
An decent read. Easy reading level, but decent story and character development.
Michelle
Apr 01, 2011 Michelle rated it it was ok
Shelves: mystery-thriller
main char turns out to be ser killer who kills bad guys! Only surprising thing
  • Fallen Idols
  • White Star
  • Hunting Season
  • Timothy's Game
  • Burn Factor
  • Sinfest, Vol. 1
  • She Loves Me Not
  • Suspicious Origin
  • Death Row (Ben Kincaid, #12)
  • Dangerous Behavior: A Novel
  • The Viking Funeral (Shane Scully, #2)
  • Hoyle's Rules of Games
  • Blackcollar Omnibus (Blackcollar, #1-3)
  • Howling Mad
  • Suitable for Framing (Britt Montero, #3)
  • Burnt Bones  (Special X, #7)
  • Diary of a Confessions Queen
  • What Lay Beyond (Star Trek: Gateways, #7)
Tim Green, for many years a star defensive end with the Atlanta Falcons, is a man of many talents. He's the author of such gripping books for adults as the New York Times bestselling The Dark Side of the Game and a dozen suspense novels, including Exact Revenge and Kingdom Come. Tim graduated covaledictorian from Syracuse University and was a first-round NFL draft pick. He later earned his law deg ...more
More about Tim Green...