Start by marking “Saint Bernadette Soubirous” as Want to Read:
Saint Bernadette Soubirous

Saint Bernadette Soubirous

4.28 of 5 stars 4.28  ·  rating details  ·  43 ratings  ·  4 reviews
By far the best book on St. Bernadette and Lourdes. Beautifully illustrated with 77 photographs and images, including lovely photos of St. Bernadette's incorrupt body. Our Lady told her, "I do not promise to make you happy in this world, but in the next." This young French visionary is sure to steal your heart! 416 pgs, PB.
Published January 1st 1957 by TAN Books

To ask other readers questions about Saint Bernadette Soubirous, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Saint Bernadette Soubirous

Daniel Carr
This book does an excellent job of describing St. Bernadette's life. She is a saint of the "modern era." Often we don't have very many details about a particular saints' lives and why they are considered to be saints. In this case, we have a lot of information and evidence as to why.

I would divide this book into three parts. The first is the back story (which is relatively short), the second are the apparitions of Mary, and the third is St. Bernadette's life as a nun in a convent. The second par
William H.
This is by far the finest biography of Bernadette of Lourdes that I have read. I visited Lourdes in July, 2011, and it was an awe inspiring experience.

I was very pleased that Abbe Trochu made it clear that Bernadette's identification of the beautiful lady she was seeing as the Immaculate Conception was probably the greatest miracle of Lourdes. If Bernadette had lied about seeing the Virgin Mary, she would have used terms that she was familiar with, like the Blessed Mother or the Virgin Mary. But
Joe
This book is one of the best biographies I've ever read, and although it is very well written, captivating, and well formatted, I think that the subject, St. Bernadette, may be the reason why it was so good. I will need to reflect more to decide whether or not to change the rating to five stars, but this book is certainly one of my favorites.
I am still humbled by who and what she was, how she lived her life, and if I can find someway to share one of her traits or strengths, then I will certainly
Patrick
Awesome book. Couldn't recommend more highly to those who like Catholic spiritual reading, and especially hagiography. Trochu writes far more than "just a biography" - this book expands the soul.
Sarah Harder
Sarah Harder marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2014
Tabitha
Tabitha marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2014
Josephine Mattia
Josephine Mattia marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2014
Roger Buck
Roger Buck marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2014
Vickie
Vickie added it
Jul 01, 2014
☆ Ruth ☆
☆ Ruth ☆ marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2014
Jerrica
Jerrica marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2014
Faustine Angeli
Faustine Angeli marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2014
Abigail
Abigail marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2014
B.leigh Cronin
B.leigh Cronin marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2014
Catherine
Catherine marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2013