Start by marking “His Princess: Love Letters from Your King” as Want to Read:
His Princess: Love Letters from Your King

His Princess: Love Letters from Your King

4.6 of 5 stars 4.60  ·  rating details  ·  342 ratings  ·  44 reviews
This beautiful four-color book opens the eyes of women to see themselves the way God sees them. Many don't even know that they are daughters of the King - chosen to be His Princess. Somewhere between childhood and adulthood, they trade in their fairy-tale dreams of being cherished for a tarnished identity fashioned by their own insecurities and the mixed-up messages of the ...more
Published January 23rd 2004 by Multnomah Books

To ask other readers questions about His Princess, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about His Princess

AlixJamie
Anytime I feel pressured, worried, depressed, unloved, ect. I get out this book and read the appropriate page. The loving words calm me and just drench me in the love of God.
Caitlyn Santi
I loved His Princess:Love letters from your King!!! While it is not a substitute for the Bible. It made my heart swell until it literally felt like it would pop out of my chest and several times brought tears of joy to my eyes! As I read this book I found myself rejoicing yet again in the knowledge that God loves me reverently and unendingly and I am His Princess. This book moved me beyond words and will continue to be a blessing in my life,it is perfect to read on those days when you don't feel ...more
Jennifer Clausen-greene
I had the privilege (something I do not say often) to read and review “His Princess: Love Letters from Your King” By: Sheri Rose Shepherd and wow, I cannot say enough good things about this book. The messages are powerful, heartfelt, affirming words of God that sink deep into your soul and affirm the gracious love of our Father for us. Page after wonderful page you are reminded on Gods unfailing love for you. When I first received this book I planned to read through it like any other book and wr ...more
Jaynessa Campbell
These small readings really spoke to me, they were a reminder that even in this chaotic life we live in that I am still a child of God, the daughter of King, the Princess, HIS Princess! How awesome a feeling that comes with knowing no one can separate me from my Heavenly Father, and that no matter how rough life on Earth gets I am still God's Princess! He will never leave us, never forget a promise, never turn his back on us, and never forget about us. Each and every one of these readings brough ...more
Tj
This tiny book can fit into your purse or backpack. It has that hardcover that is soft, if you know what I am talking about. The pages are glossy with nice colors, imagery, and flowers. Some visuals are repeated, though. What is best about this though, is the content. Each page last a paragraph that is supposed to be God's love letter to you and a Scripture verse. The way in which these are written really touches the heart. The Bible verses are written in contemporary translations, so they are v ...more
Jenny
Jan 07, 2010 Jenny rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone who wants to feel closer to God
Shelves: christian, all
A beautiful little book. The author has done a wonderful job of taking verses from the bible and interpreting it as if God was speaking to us. It truly makes the verses come alive and makes you feel just that much closer to God, especially when you're down and depressed. I find myself going back and re-reading these letters and when I do, whatever doubts I had about God and His love just fades away.
Katrina Lynn
This was an absolutely beautiful book! I got it about 2 years ago when I started going to church. These beautifully written letters gave me hope and really helped me with my journey to God. I would recommend this to anyone who is looking for or is already in love with God! BEAUTIFUL BOOK!
Sarah Ruiz
This book is basically about how the daughters of God are considered princess and how God looks at his princess. This book also tells you how a princess should live her life
Cynthia
Each letter will relate personally to some part of your life and strengthen you to live in Jesus Christ.
Judi
I really like it.

It is very comforting and supportive.

It reaffirms me as a woman and female.

Samantha
it will make you cry to know that the words that are said are straight from God
Amy Kidneigh
cute poems, something i will keep daughter one day.
Linda
This was an encouraging devotional for those who are trying to live a healthier lifestyle or who struggle with emotional issues. The author struggled with her own weight and shares her story throughout the devotional. I had bought this book as a gift for a friend without reading it myself. My friend raved about it and pretty soon it traveled throughout my place of employment. Even if you don't struggle with weight issues, it's an uplifting book and well worth a month of 10 minutes a day.
Eva Nieves
I read this short book long time ago. Throw the bible and some words the author says, God has talked to me. Is a great book if you are feeling alone, or if you feel he doesn't listen, etc. This is one of my spiritual and precious book! Whenever I feel sad, I just opened the book and I read the first page I looked and God talked to me. It never changed...
Maxine (Booklover Catlady)
A nice book that offers a page of "love" letters from Jesus to us, you, me, his daughters. I read this book and obtained some comfort of knowing I was loved by The Lord when going through a painful divorce.
Ambar Fernandez
Beautifully written book. I will reread this book constantly. Whenever I feel down I pick up this book and can hear God reading these letters to me and a smile appears on my face.
Rhianna Blackburn
This book is just absolutely beautiful. It's made me more determined to know God, and it's one of the few books I own that have almost made me cry! ❤
Michelle
Quick, short chapters (letters) that are comforting and allow you to reflect on God's love for us each individually.
Riarna
Wow, what an inspirational book! I truly love this book, and cherish it often! It is by far one of my most favorite books and has been a rich blessing in my life personally. So down to earth, yet it speaks to your heart on a personal level with its beautifully written love letters! It has become my pleasure and routine to read one page each day, allowing God to speak to me through it. Since I've started reading this book, its brought me much closer to God, as it continues to each day. I love it, ...more
Heather Hurtado
Monk mk.

M
Sally Ferguson
We chose this book as a foundation for our Women's Retreat. Not only was the theme a springboard for our speakers and breakout sessions, it added inspiration for the treats and decorations. We were pampered as Princesses and we found out how much our Daddy, The King adores us! Low self-esteem is a huge problem for many women, and it was an important issue to tackle. I'm so glad we went back to the basics with this book and delved into the love of God for His children!
Kimberly Baltz
I received this book as a gift from a friend for Christmas a few years ago. It turned out to be exactly what I needed as I was going through a difficult time. Every day, I would open up the book and read the next "letter" and it always seemed to be exactly what I needed to hear.

I'm still working through the book as I need it. And I have bought copies for several friends as well, to encourage them with a positive message every day. I love this book!
Jonaida Estrella
Es interesante la forma en que el mensaje llega preciso y claro no importando la página, siempre hay algo hermoso que leer...
Elizabeth
Feb 16, 2014 Elizabeth rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: my fellow sisters in Christ
Recommended to Elizabeth by: Gail
I received this book from a dear friend of mine for my high school graduation. Whenever I felt discouraged or knew I needed to hear some truth, I'd pick up this book for an entry or so. As a college student, time is very valuable, but I could finish an entry in a few minutes and feel refreshed afterward. I highly recommend this book.
Brittney
I love this book and so do all my friends. Great for a daily devotional, Ladies Lesson, or just for reading.

The book is beautifully made, with pictures of flowers on every page. The letters are well written and definitely inspired.

I just wish the verses were done in KJV.
Rhen Ebales
Rheyza Lyn
read one letter a day. its a good reminder of His love that you can read over and over again (:
Rikki
I love this devotional. Of all the devotional books I have tried this series is the one for me. It along with the others in this series will always be a part of my quiet time.
Anna
Surprisingly touching book. Thought it would be too frilly or superficial, but it was actually very encouraging and helpful to read.
Carol
when the road is too bumpy to travel, let Sheri Rose Shepherd encourage you with precious love letters to the child of God.
  • The IVP Bible Background Commentary: New Testament
  • The 7-Day Doubt Diet
  • Classic Christianity: Life's Too Short to Miss the Real Thing
  • 10 Things Jesus Never Said: And Why You Should Stop Believing Them
  • A Young Woman After God's Own Heart
  • The Reliance (Legacy of the King's Pirates, #2)
  • When Dreams Come True: A Love Story Only God Could Write
  • A Modern Girl's Guide to Bible Study: A Refreshingly Unique Look at God's Word
  • Finally and Forever (Katie Weldon, #4)
  • The Fantasy Fallacy: Exposing the Deeper Meaning Behind Sexual Thoughts
  • It’s (Not That) Complicated: How to Relate to Guys in a Healthy, Sane, and Biblical Way
  • Her Good Name
  • How to Really Love Your Teenager
  • A Jewel in His Crown: Rediscovering Your Value as a Woman of Excellence
  • Girls Gone Wise in a World Gone Wild
  • Pure: A 90-Day Devotional for the Mind, the Body & the Spirit
  • Seeing through the Fog: Hope When Your World Falls Apart
  • Praying the Names of God: A Daily Guide
His Princess Bride: Love Letters from Your Prince His Princess Warrior: Love Letters for Strength from Your Lord Preparing Him for the Other Woman: A Mother's Guide to Raising Her Son to Love a Wife and Lead a Family Your Heart's Desire: 14 Truths That Will Forever Change the Way You Love and Are Loved Prayers to My King (His Princess)