Start by marking “All's Fair in Love, War, and High School (Pullman High #2)” as Want to Read:
All's Fair in Love, War, and High School (Pullman High #2)

All's Fair in Love, War, and High School (Pullman High #2)

3.79  ·  Rating Details ·  2,028 Ratings  ·  228 Reviews
When your chance for getting into college and your date for the prom are all on the line…

Sixteen-year-old Samantha Taylor is used to having things go her way. She's head cheerleader and has all the right friends and a steady stream of boyfriends. But when she tanks the SATs, her automatic assumptions about going to college don't appear to be so automatic anymore. She deter
Published September 3rd 2005 by Walker Childrens (first published October 1st 2003)

Kristyn
Mar 13, 2011 Kristyn rated it it was amazing
Very cute! Janette Rallison writes great books for pre-teen/teen girls. They are clean, but yet funny, witty, and good enough to keep an old person like me interested. I can really relate to a lot of the characters in her books, either from my high school years, or my kids' friends now. This one made me laugh a lot. Plus, her books always seem to have a moral to the story and the characters learn from their dilemmas.

It's great to read books about teenagers that are normal and not dark, foul-mout
Zoe and the Edge
May 05, 2013 Zoe and the Edge rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya, romance, squeaky-clean
Samantha has got some serious issues. She has a massive inferior complex.
At first I wasn't looking forward to the cliché mean-girl-turns-nice scenario. But Ms. Rallison pulled off Samantha's personality makeover well. I started getting interested with the bet and Samantha's forced cheeriness had me laughing. I also liked that her catty friends struggled with her new kindness.
I cringed through Samantha's crush on Josh from Blue Eyes and Other Teenage Hazards. Because Josh is obviously destined
Nicole
Jul 09, 2009 Nicole rated it liked it
Shelves: 2009-10-read
ANOTHER RALLISON BOOK! Man, I feel really old reading this. BUT its a great short book that you can read maybe on the subways or bus. All's Fair in Love, War, and High School by Janette Rallison is a book about a cheerleader trying to improve on her intellectual side because she was worried about her future.

Samantha is this stuck up cheerleader that insults almost everyone she sees. She has a friend name Logan, and they have this awkward relationship between each other because they dated before.
Nicole Renee Denston
Jan 18, 2008 Nicole Renee Denston rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: teenage girls
This book has changed the way i look at bullying. All's Fair in Love, War, and High School is one of my favorite books. It is very inspirational and i would recommend this book to young girls in middle school or high school. It helped me realize how hurtful insults can be and I have changed because of it. I hope it will help you change and let you know what a difference it can make to be nice to some one.

Samantha Taylor is a 16 year old girl who just found out she failed her SATs. She is captai
Cassie
Jun 21, 2010 Cassie rated it really liked it
Mary Tambascio
Feb 20, 2016 Mary Tambascio rated it it was ok
The writing of this book is okay. The story of this book predictable and cliche but that is not a bad thing. It is simple, kinda cute, and entertaining. This book does have a good moral and portrays it very well. The characters are very relatable. This is book to be read when you need something to occupy yourself for a short time.
Susan
Jul 16, 2010 Susan rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult
Light, fluff piece. Good for a fast, summer read. This book was similar to the previous Rallison book I read in that the least likely boy is really the most likely boy for the girl. While I enjoyed this book I think I won't look for other titles right away. I have no way of knowing if this writing formula is present in all her books or not. But, down the line I will pick up another for sure!
Tristi
Oct 11, 2008 Tristi rated it really liked it
Janette Rallison writes young adult fiction that is fun, quirky, and yet remarkably clean. I find her one of the best YA authors currently on the market for knowing how to entertain without relying on the tired old tricks of sex, drugs, and language.
Claudia
Nov 06, 2015 Claudia rated it liked it
It was good. Made me laugh.
Amber
Nov 28, 2016 Amber rated it really liked it
This book immediately begins with a hilariously uncomfortable situation that gives me enough sympathy to bond with a main character who used to be a "bad guy" in book #1. I love the complicated situations that make me wonder whether I'm rooting for Samantha (who is really a piece of work, but redeems herself just enough that I want her to get what she wants) or Cassidy (who I can relate to more, but is not the main character anymore).
I absolutely loved the ending :) Everything came together perf
Laura Walker
Dec 01, 2016 Laura Walker rated it it was amazing
Fun, light, and easy read. This book took me back to my high school days. The only thing I wish was different about it is that it took place in college instead but I can see that certain elements wouldn't have worked for that environment. I hope Samantha and Logan got their happy ending after graduation.
Beth Rodgers
Nov 13, 2015 Beth Rodgers rated it it was amazing
'All's Fair in Love, War, and High School' by Janette Rallison was another great read by this author. She shapes a world in which high school hierarchy is pretty clear, from popular cheerleader Samantha to studious Amy, and slacker Rick, all candidates for future senior class President.

Samantha has decided to run for office due mainly to the fact that former boyfriend and current co-worker, Logan, told her that leadership qualities are looked upon highly on college applications. Little does he k
Jacki
Mar 01, 2014 Jacki rated it really liked it
Shelves: sixth-grade
This book was Magical with a capital M. It sort of changed my views on people. No one's going to like you if you're so critical. This was such a good read that I want to read every book in the Pullman High series! Samantha is a teen who is trying to succeed, and she has everything a girl could ever want: popularity, head cheerleader, the perfect boyfriend. That is, until her boyfriend dumps her, she bombs the SATs, and she gets a bet that she can't go two weeks without insulting anyone. To make ...more
Johanna
Mar 30, 2012 Johanna rated it really liked it
All's Fair in Love, War, and High School
by Janette Rallison

Genre: Contemporary Fiction / Young Adult / Romance

Samantha has bombed her SATs, and her prospects for college are looking dim. What can she do to redeem herself in the eyes of college admissions? Head cheerleader isn't exactly awe inspiring, so she decides that politics is her salvation, and she begins her campaign for student body president with the help and support of her fellow cheerleaders. Branching out of her clique to enlist oth
Tweety
Jul 21, 2012 Tweety added it
This review can also be found at Hazy-Retrospect Reviews

I had previously read two books of Rallison before finding this randomly at the library a couple days ago. I’ve read Just One Wish and My Fair Godmother and I fell in love completely with them, and Rallison’s writing. Her books are so cute, hilarious, and easy to fall in love with! Even if they are completely cliche and predictable, I can’t get enough of Rallison’s books. If you’re looking for a break from all the typical vampire/angel dark
Melody
Sep 14, 2016 Melody rated it liked it
Cute story.

Content: clean. No language or sex.
Kimberly
Jul 29, 2011 Kimberly rated it really liked it
Janette Rallison is, by far, one of my favorite authors. She writes good, clean stories that resonate with teens. While I didn't go through a lot of the stuff her characters did while I was in high school [being popular and a cheerleader, running for class president], I shared a lot of Samantha's feelings of being embarrassed, having a terrible time at prom, and thinking one wrong move in high school would ruin the rest of my life. The beauty about Rallison is that she takes these scenarios and ...more
Paulina Soriano
May 14, 2015 Paulina Soriano rated it really liked it
The novel All’s Fair in Love, War, and High School by Janette Rallison is about Samantha, a high school junior who does not have a satisfying SAT score to be accepted into a decent college. She is hiding her results from her mom and running for president to have a positive effect on her college application. However, she needs to gain respect from the student body to receive votes in her favor. I chose this book because I saw it in a book store and the cover looked interesting. My favorite part ...more
Allison Leslie Gepte
Aug 10, 2013 Allison Leslie Gepte rated it it was amazing
First of all I'd like to give credits to my friend Jaya for lending me her Paperback copy of "All's Fair in Love, War, and High School".

One thing I would first say about Samantha? You'll never get tired of all her sarcasm and insulting remarks. Haha.

Who's Sam anyway? Sam is the head cheerleader of their school, one of the popular gals and the rudest of all when it comes to giving comments even if you don't ask one from her. Insults come out off her mouth like breath-normal and consistent.

But he
Beth
Jul 10, 2010 Beth rated it liked it
I'm kind of embarrassed to be reviewing this book. I mean, it's got a cartoon cheerleader on the front cover and is titled "All's Fair in Love, War, and High School". It is obviously not a book for a grown-up.

But I really enjoyed "What the Doctor Ordered" by Sierra St. James, pen name of Janette Rallison (thanks, Google, for revealing this tidbit of information). I decided to give a Janette Rallison Young Adult novel a try.

Well, despite the teenage drama, I thought this was a nice, quick read. T
Julie
Apr 07, 2016 Julie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favoritebooks
Samantha is real and not perfect but you can't help cheer for her! This is one of my favorite stories by Janette Rallison. I reread it almost every year. I'm not sure why the character Samantha calls to me but I really enjoy her trials. You think, she's popular and a cheerleader so she must have it all, so why do I care about her? But you do care about her and want her to succeed. She bombs the SAT and the only way to make it to college is to "beef up" her resume and run for student body ...more
Courtney
Apr 19, 2011 Courtney rated it it was amazing
Have you ever felt like the cheerleader always had it all, she was beautiful, smart and got any guy she wanted? Well this story will prove that theory wrong. This is about cheerleader Samantha who bombs her SAT's, then decides to run for class president so she could have something worthy on her college application, all while trying to snag a prom date!

I love how Janette Rallison can bring the reader to right in to the story so you actually feel like you're back in high school all over again. I
Kathryn Cooper
Jul 20, 2013 Kathryn Cooper rated it really liked it
Reviewed on Clean Teen Fiction

I really loved Blue Eyes and Other Teenage Hazards (book 1) and had no idea there was another book in the series. I'd heard of All's Fair in Love, War, and High School but didn't know it had some of the characters from BEOTH.

The MC Samantha was actually the girl you might not like in book 1. It was really fun to see inside her head and watch her change. I love that Logan bet her that she couldn't keep from insulting people for two weeks. Hah! It was so funny to be
Eloise
Jul 31, 2013 Eloise rated it liked it
The plot is quite cute. Cheerleader heroine, smart and funny hero and how they constantly quarrel with each other. It's great to read a typical teenage romantic comedy novel without all the dramatic pasts and troubles of the protagonists.
I like the book because of the fast moving story line and the quirky incidents in Samantha's life. Logan is just too cute and really lights up the story. I would have loved to have more of their interactions throughout the book.
However, I didn't like her charact
Yue
Darn, I did not know this was the 2nd book of a series.

Janette Rallison knows how to write YA books. And what it is the best of all is that her heroines are far from being a Mary Sue. Like in this book, Samantha is the typical blond, hot, popular cheerleader, and also shallow, and likes to insult people. But thanks to Logan, her ex-boyfriend, and her scores in SAT, she changes and becomes a better person.

As it happened in her other books, I liked the guy more than the girl -not that it means I
Samantha
I personally loved this book. It was very good. It was very down to earth and very relatable. If you are a teenage girl you will probably enjoy this book because I thought it was good and I talked to someone else who read this book to and they said they enjoyed it also. So I suggest you read it.

In this book it is about Samantha. She is head cheerleader. She is not the nicest girl in the school. Well then something happends and she has to think fast and she tries out for school president. Her fri
Celine Parker
Jan 08, 2014 Celine Parker rated it really liked it
This was one of those books I started but never finished. Now that I have finished it, I regret not reading it sooner! The story centers around Samantha Taylor, a popular cheerleader who is carelessly rude to everyone, including the people she loves. One day at work, Samantha's friend Logan makes her a bet that she can't go two weeks without insulting anyone. Samantha manages to be kind to people instead of rude, and learns that you must treat people the way you would want to be treated. After ...more
Lee-ann
Nov 09, 2012 Lee-ann rated it really liked it
Quick and easy read.

Well, I initially thought this was going to be a teeny boppy read (LOL) based on the cover but it surprised me. The first few chapters just got straight to the point, which is really good. It kind of made me feel like I was watching a movie! I loved the characters and their development. Although Samantha's cynical attitude wasn't portrayed as it was being described by the characters. Everybody's been telling her 'You're so negative, tone it down a bit!' but I didn't really s
Mandy
Feb 03, 2009 Mandy rated it really liked it
Tiana
Dec 17, 2012 Tiana rated it really liked it
Oh my goodness this cover is awful. But the book is good. It took me a while to like the main character, but she does grow on you. And she does change, so that's always a plus. It's sweet to see how Logan helps her to change and see a better way of treating people, and it's sweet that he sticks by her the whole time. It's also really fun to read this book after reading Blue Eyes and Other Teenage Hazards, because this book, while it focuses on different characters, picks up where that one left o ...more
  • What the Doctor Ordered
  • How to Hook a Hottie
  • Squashed
  • The Big Picture (Katie Parker Productions, #3)
  • At Face Value
  • Persuaded (The Jane Austen Diaries, #3)
  • North Pole High: A Rebel Without a Claus
  • A Tale of Two Proms (Bard Academy, #4)
  • Chasing June (June, #2)
  • Daughter of Helaman (Stripling Warrior, #1)
  • Slayers (Slayers, #1)
  • When the Bough Breaks
  • Being Sixteen
  • Lulu Dark Can See Through Walls
  • A Healing Heart (Riverview Series #1)
Check out my awesome book trailers!
My Unfair Godmother:
My Fair Godmother: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=up1jF8...
Just One Wish: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP1Nce...
My Double Life

Janette Rallison has five children who keep her well supplied with plot ideas, sometimes even making cameo appearances in her novels. She
More about Janette Rallison...

Pullman High (3 books)
  • Blue Eyes and Other Teenage Hazards (Pullman High #1)
  • Revenge of the Cheerleaders (Pullman High #3)

“Goose neck is a delicacy. You have to at least try it. In fancy restaurants people pay up to fifty dollars a plate for this stuff.'
And at our house we were force-fed it for free. Just another irony of life.”
17 likes
“A few moments later Mom opened my door and peered in at me. "Logan Hansen is here to see you."
If it had been anyone else in the world, I would have told my mother to send him away. Santa Claus himself could have shown up to explain his whereabouts since my childhood, and I would have turned him out.”
12 likes