Start by marking “Murder Of A Dead Man” as Want to Read:
Murder Of A Dead Man

Murder Of A Dead Man (Detective Trevor Joseph Series #3)

3.75 of 5 stars 3.75  ·  rating details  ·  84 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Third book in the Detective Trevor Joseph series.

Jubilee Street – the haunt of addicts and vagrants is a part of town to avoid at all costs, especially when it becomes the stalking ground of a brutal and ruthless murderer.

A drunken down and out is the first casualty, mutilated and burned alive but his grisly death raises even more problems for the investigating officers, S
Hardcover
Published January 1st 1997 by St. Martin's Press (first published December 28th 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Murder Of A Dead Man, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Murder Of A Dead Man

Margaret
Godawful. The basic premise on which the plot depends is beyond ludicrous. I guessed the baddy when the character was introduced - almost before a crime had been committed - because of the way s/he was described.

The police officers are far more interested in their convoluted sex lives than catching any criminals and are uniformly unattractive, uninteresting & uninvolving. Except for the one who is an utter dick - he's even more annoying than the others.

And these police officers are also hap
Pam
Wow this Lady can certainly write a good book,three books in a row,and about to start the next one, its great that there's continuity from one book to another, you feel as if you are a part of Trevor and Peter's Police life.
Heather Bowling
I loved British murder mysteries, but usually I know the murdered half way in. This one kept me guessing all the way until the end (and the culprit made sense to boot). A thrilling read!
Jill Hutchinson
I had read Six Foot Under another of Ms. John's books in the Sergeant Trevor Joseph series and enjoyed it enough to find another. My error!!!! This is a ridiculous book with an incredible premise (I won't even bother to mention it) and one of those stories that reveals the murderer (who only appears briefly) in the last three pages with a quick explanation of why he did it. I was so fascinated by the idiocy of the story that I actually finished it. Pretty damn bad book.
carole stinson
Trevor Joseph great modern day copper

I love the character development- and I can't wait to have the opportunity to know them better; the bravery and flaws alike
Kenny Paton
A good police procedural. will try more from this author.
Ruth
Another kindle freebie that I downloaded accidentally not realising that it was the third book in a series. The prologue was good but the book went downhill for me thereafter. Do I really need to know the one character's musings as to whether she should stop the dishwasher cycle or not? Seems a bit clunky if it was meant to symbolise the indecisive nature of the character. I did not manage to get very far so unable to recommend.
Jean
Murder and face removals of a tramp leads to lots of mystery and further murders, brilliant.
Adrienne Testa
This story would have been better, if the author reduced the wordy chapters and stuck with the story. Trevor and his team are looking for a killer, who set a homeless man on fire and torched a squat killing runaways. One of the team members keeps secrets about the man they are searching for. Daisy and Trevor has there moment in time, as Lyn has her own issues to resolve.
Rob Jinkerson
I really enjoyed this crime thriller. It's fast paced with a few unexpected turns. As with all good crime thrillers, the main crime is mixed with two or three other related crimes that provide interest throughout the book and allow the reader to try and work out who the murderer is- they won't though!
Jean
Another good read from Katherine John. Following the two detectives from previous books who ate trying to solve the murder of a down and out, finding that all is not what it seems. This book kept me interested to the last page. The ending came as a surprise finding out who the murderer was.
Chris
this is one brilliant book with so many twists and turns that it keeps you guessing until the end. A fabulous read which took me only a few days to read. Thank you Katherine.

chris.
Catherine
Really didn't see the culprit coming in this one! Or what happens. Thoroughly enjoyed all the books I've read by Katherine John.
David
Another series that I am enjoying and showing great potential.
Lois K. Beard
Lois K. Beard is currently reading it
Aug 21, 2015
Linda Mangold
Linda Mangold is currently reading it
Aug 17, 2015
paulette dismang
paulette dismang is currently reading it
Aug 08, 2015
Payton McCloskey
Payton McCloskey is currently reading it
Jul 27, 2015
Claudia
Claudia is currently reading it
Jul 23, 2015
Samantha Evans
Samantha Evans is currently reading it
Jul 20, 2015
Susan
Susan is currently reading it
Jul 17, 2015
Roberta
Roberta is currently reading it
Jun 27, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Katherine John is a pen name of the author Catrin Collier. She was born and brought up in Pontypridd and worked for a while in Europe and America before returning to her native Wales. She now lives on the Gower Peninsula near Swansea, with her family.
More about Katherine John...

Detective Trevor Joseph Series (6 books)
  • Without Trace
  • Midnight Murders (Trevor Joseph Detective Series, #2)
  • Black Daffodil
  • A Well-Deserved Murder
  • Destruction of Evidence
Without Trace A Well-Deserved Murder Midnight Murders (Trevor Joseph Detective Series, #2) Black Daffodil The Corpse's Tale