Start by marking “Moro: The Cookbook” as Want to Read:
Moro: The Cookbook

Moro: The Cookbook

4.32 of 5 stars 4.32  ·  rating details  ·  154 ratings  ·  13 reviews
The Moro menu encompasses dishes that originated in Spain and dishes from the Muslim Mediterranean, two areas linked in history by the Moors' 700-year occupation of Spain. The book is much more than a simple catalogue of recipes—the chefsalso communicate the romance and tradition inherent in each dish and their writing is informed by an intimate knowledge of long-establish ...more
Published March 6th 2003 by Ebury Press (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Moro, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Moro

Trevor
Feb 21, 2008 Trevor rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: food
My mate Graham lent this book to me before going away on two weeks leave, and just before Maddy’s birthday. I wasn’t sure what to cook for her birthday and so, given this book and needing to tell him I’d cooked something from it, I settled on a Spanish feast. God, some of the recipes are really fantastic. The Tortilla with sweet onions is pretty special.

I figured lots of tapas would be the go – so tried the pinchitos morunos, port skewers of the Moorish variety. I also did the Fatayer from this
Saleris
It's difficult finding general/culinary specific cookbooks that fit my dietary restrictions (vegetarian/no lactose). This works well.
The recipes are interesting and tasty and are not too ingredient taxing (semi-obscure ingrediants are substitutible or optional). I liked it when I initially skimmed it in Sainsburys (it was on sale).
Matt
Great collection of updated classic recipes derived from Arabic influenced Spanish cooking. By far some of the most complex (flavor wise, not preparation!) cuisine in the world the cooking of the Arab diaspora is really fascinating to me. This book does not disappoint.
Peterr
Encountered and vanquished a simple lentil soup with lemon. Stole Staghorn Sumac from Searsburg roadside on Sam & Sam Clark's recommendation; toasted/dried and blended the berries into a bitter salad dressing. Enjoyed cooking with this book.
Clare
I bought this book after a trip to Spain. It's challenging, not for the cook in a rush, but even just using the recipes as a base for combining flavours has yielded good and tasty results for me.
Dave Riley
useful perspective with some interesting recipe tastes selected formatted by a Arab influenced take on Spanish food.Not an inspiring book by any means, but a useful one for the odd recipe selection.
Jesse Kelly-Landes
I wish the recipes didn't use grams!!! So confusing. So for that reason I've had a difficult time with a few recipes. The falafel is fantastic. Actually every single meze in the book is fantastic!!!
Will Carey
Cooking made simple, great to discover flavours of Spain, north Africa and eastern Mediteranian - Paella de credo con chorizo y espinaca is my favorite
Azem
Delicious and simple recipes. Very inspiring. I am looking forward to trying this out on my friends.
Michelle Goodall
Just beautiful...favourite restaurant, favourite cookery book
Gert-Jan
Top 3 cookbooks I own. Fantastic recipes that I keep coming back to.
Eva
My favourite cookbook
love love LOVE
Rebecca Hearne
Rebecca Hearne marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2014
Caroline
Caroline marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2014
Kieran Dunn
Kieran Dunn marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2014
Katie Cordingley
Katie Cordingley marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2014
Kate Saunders
Kate Saunders marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2014
Geoffrey Staysniak
Geoffrey Staysniak marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2014
Greenhouse Sensations
Greenhouse Sensations marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2014
Michelle Ohlson
Michelle Ohlson marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2014
Heather Wiarda
Heather Wiarda marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2014
Suzy Platt
Suzy Platt marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2014
Joanna Menda
Joanna Menda marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2014
Michaela
Michaela marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2014
  • Japanese Cooking: A Simple Art
  • Delia Smith's Summer Collection: 140 Recipes for Summer
  • Dough: Simple Contemporary Breads [With DVD]
  • The River Cottage Cookbook
  • Pok Pok: Food and Stories from the Streets, Homes and Roadside Restaurants of Thailand
  • The Greens Cookbook: Extraordinary Vegetarian Cuisine from the Celebrated Restaurant
  • Madhur Jaffrey's Ultimate Curry Bible