Start by marking “Moro: The Cookbook” as Want to Read:
Moro: The Cookbook

Moro: The Cookbook

4.29 of 5 stars 4.29  ·  rating details  ·  178 ratings  ·  13 reviews
The Moro menu encompasses dishes that originated in Spain and dishes from the Muslim Mediterranean, two areas linked in history by the Moors' 700-year occupation of Spain. The book is much more than a simple catalogue of recipes—the chefsalso communicate the romance and tradition inherent in each dish and their writing is informed by an intimate knowledge of long-establish ...more
Published March 6th 2003 by Ebury Press (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Moro, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Moro

Trevor
Feb 21, 2008 Trevor rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: food
My mate Graham lent this book to me before going away on two weeks leave, and just before Maddy’s birthday. I wasn’t sure what to cook for her birthday and so, given this book and needing to tell him I’d cooked something from it, I settled on a Spanish feast. God, some of the recipes are really fantastic. The Tortilla with sweet onions is pretty special.

I figured lots of tapas would be the go – so tried the pinchitos morunos, port skewers of the Moorish variety. I also did the Fatayer from this
Saleris
It's difficult finding general/culinary specific cookbooks that fit my dietary restrictions (vegetarian/no lactose). This works well.
The recipes are interesting and tasty and are not too ingredient taxing (semi-obscure ingrediants are substitutible or optional). I liked it when I initially skimmed it in Sainsburys (it was on sale).
Matt
Great collection of updated classic recipes derived from Arabic influenced Spanish cooking. By far some of the most complex (flavor wise, not preparation!) cuisine in the world the cooking of the Arab diaspora is really fascinating to me. This book does not disappoint.
Peterr
Encountered and vanquished a simple lentil soup with lemon. Stole Staghorn Sumac from Searsburg roadside on Sam & Sam Clark's recommendation; toasted/dried and blended the berries into a bitter salad dressing. Enjoyed cooking with this book.
Clare
I bought this book after a trip to Spain. It's challenging, not for the cook in a rush, but even just using the recipes as a base for combining flavours has yielded good and tasty results for me.
Dave Riley
useful perspective with some interesting recipe tastes selected formatted by a Arab influenced take on Spanish food.Not an inspiring book by any means, but a useful one for the odd recipe selection.
Jesse Kelly-Landes
I wish the recipes didn't use grams!!! So confusing. So for that reason I've had a difficult time with a few recipes. The falafel is fantastic. Actually every single meze in the book is fantastic!!!
Will Carey
Cooking made simple, great to discover flavours of Spain, north Africa and eastern Mediteranian - Paella de credo con chorizo y espinaca is my favorite
Azem
Delicious and simple recipes. Very inspiring. I am looking forward to trying this out on my friends.
Michelle Goodall
Just beautiful...favourite restaurant, favourite cookery book
Gert-Jan
Top 3 cookbooks I own. Fantastic recipes that I keep coming back to.
Eva
My favourite cookbook
love love LOVE
Anne Marie
Anne Marie marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2015
Noreen
Noreen added it
Mar 22, 2015
Anne
Anne marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2015
Laura marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2015
Carol Christine Mauck
Carol Christine Mauck marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2015
Mara
Mara marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2015
Gabrielle Weaver
Gabrielle Weaver marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2015
Gina
Gina marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2015
Savannah
Savannah marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2015
  • Ottolenghi: The Cookbook
  • Roast Chicken and Other Stories
  • Land of Plenty: A Treasury of Authentic Sichuan Cooking
  • The River Cafe Cookbook
  • Rick Stein's Far Eastern Odyssey: 150 New Recipes Evoking the Flavours of the Far East
  • Delia Smith's Summer Collection: 140 Recipes for Summer