Start by marking “Sushi for Dummies” as Want to Read:
Sushi for Dummies

Sushi for Dummies

3.81 of 5 stars 3.81  ·  rating details  ·  83 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Contains information to help you impress your friends with homemade maki-sushi (rolls) and nigiri-sushi (individual pieces). From Tuna Sushi Rice Balls to Rainbow Rolls, this book includes more than 55 recipes. It helps you discover how to: find the equipment and ingredients; make fragrant sushi rice; and, prepare vegetarian and fish-free recipes.
Published April 2nd 2004 by Wiley Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Sushi for Dummies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sushi for Dummies

Rachelle (Rachelle's Reading)
Aug 29, 2014 Rachelle (Rachelle's Reading) rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: beginner cooks and people looking to cook something a little different from the standard fare.
Shelves: read-2014, ebook
This really should have been entitled Making Sushi for Dummies, while I still enjoyed the content it was not what I had in mind when I purchased it.

What I wanted from this book was information the ingredients of common sushi and the more adventurous types of sushi. I also wanted to learn more about how sushi came about and the etiquette of Japanese dining. These topics were all touched on fairly briefly but the majority of the book was the procurement and use of various Japanese cooking implemen
Lauren
I got this book thinking it would teach me more about ordering sushi, but this is about how to prepare it at home. Not a bad book by any means, but not what I was hoping for. I wanted pronunciation guides, pictures to ID various types of sushi and explanations to the different types of sushi.
William
Loved the diagrams.
May 16, 2012 Jennifer rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: sushi lovers
Shelves: cookbooks
Think you can't make sushi at home? Now, you can! Sushi for Dummies is a great book for anyone interested in serving up rolls or nagiri at home. Inside there are great walkthroughs for how to cook rice, how to choose vegetables, how to cut vegetables, and what works and doesn't work inside and outside of homemade sushi. The choices for types of sushi are flexible and easy to accommodate any sushi eater. Making sushi is time consuming, but it's fun, worth the experience, and still very good!
Tim
What it lacks in photo's it makes up for in text and drawings.
The problem perhaps is that in Sushi appearance is almost important as taste. Whilst the preparation of the dishes is well explained, a picture, in this case, is worth any number of words.
However it is excellent value for the money and worth getting.
Brett
good book for beginners. tips, recipies and general knowledge are all usefull. this was a quick read but a good one as I recieved a private sushi rolling class for my b day and I wanted to go into it armed with some knowledge.
Ruth
Mar 30, 2009 Ruth rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Ruth by: Kyle
It was a bit silly and over-enthusiastic (so many! exclamation points! your sushi! will be great!!), but contained useful information.
Adam Lubin
not the bestest series in the world, but it does the job here. it's just raw fish, right?
Craig
good information on how to make sushi.
Megan
Very informative!
Amanda Moore
Amanda Moore marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2015
Ramy
Ramy added it
Feb 21, 2015
Madison Duncan
Madison Duncan marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2015
Janice
Janice marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2015
Brooke
Brooke added it
Jan 17, 2015
Lizaan Marx
Lizaan Marx marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2015
angela
angela added it
Jan 10, 2015
Catarina Elias
Catarina Elias marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2015
Christine
Christine marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2015