Start by marking “Evermore (The Immortals, #1)” as Want to Read:
Evermore (The Immortals, #1)

Evermore (The Immortals #1)

3.59 of 5 stars 3.59  ·  rating details  ·  184,077 ratings  ·  8,133 reviews
The first book in Alyson Noël's extraordinary new Immortals series. Enter an enchanting new world, where true love never dies...

After a horrible accident claims the lives of her family, sixteen-year-old Ever Bloom can see people's auras, hear their thoughts, and know someone's entire life story by touching them. Going out of her way to avoid human contact to suppress her a
Paperback, 1st Edition, 301 pages
Published February 3rd 2009 by St. Martin's Griffin (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Evermore, please sign up.

City of Ashes by Cassandra ClareHush, Hush by Becca FitzpatrickCity of Glass by Cassandra ClareClockwork Angel by Cassandra ClareMarked by P.C. Cast
Books That Should Be Made Into Movies
17th out of 18,587 books — 50,012 voters
Marked by P.C. CastEvermore by Alyson NoelFallen by Lauren KateThe Awakening and The Struggle by L.J. SmithTwilight by Stephenie Meyer
Series I've Given Up On...
2nd out of 711 books — 2,697 voters

More lists with this book...

Kat Kennedy
Dec 04, 2013 Kat Kennedy rated it 1 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone studying to be a truly awful writer
How To Write Popular YA Supernatural Literature AND Defile Your Spirit!

Based on the popular YA novel, Evermore, and aided by countless more like it, I have compiled an easy to read and follow list of rules for writing a popular series and being able to sell out your soul at the same time. Does that sound too convenient? Well, it's unbelievably easy to do if you follow my quick and easy program!

1. Create an 'Outcast' Heroine.

It's important that your primarily female teenage audience can relate to
Blythe
THE EVERMORE DRINKING GAME

It looks like you’ve picked up the Evermore Drinking Game, for whichever reason (but if it’s because you have an interest in reading Evermore I strongly advise against it, for your sanity’s sake). However, if you’re still not convinced to stay the hell away from this book , the Evermore Drinking Game is here to make your reading experience as enjoyable as possible (because trust me, you won’t find anything enjoyable in this book without it).

The rules for the Evermore
Kira
Have you ever heard of Mini Pop Kids? You know, those thirteen-year-olds who fit 24 cheap covers of mega-hit songs on to 2 CDs and pedal them on horrifyingly gaudy adverts between episodes of real 70s Scooby-Doo on Teletoon Retro?

(By the way, Teletoon Retro is the best channel on television. Check it out. It's absolutely brilliant. You can watch crappily animated suggestive vintage cartoons like Dexter's Laboratory and Top Cat and The Flintstones at 3 am with short commercial breaks. Love it? Y
sunset shimmer
Hokay. So. Instead of reviewing the book, I've decided I'm just going to review the whole series right here.

It is, and I say this without even an ounce of doubt, the worst series I have ever read. Of all the worst things, this is absolutely

There will be spoilers in this review, but you know, who the fuck cares?

I wasted my time reading this whole series, because it was basically for nothing. I recently realized that all of Ever's "struggles" in this series are only for the sole purpose so that sh
Vanessa
Evermore is a wonderful book. No, seriously, I mean that. Disregard the one star rating I've given it and hear me out, dang it!

It's wonderful in the sense that it makes Twilight look like a masterpiece of literature. In fact, Evermore is a terrible rip-off of Twilight in the same way that most of the really popular YA novels from 2005-2010 were. Girl moves to a new town. Girl meets boy. Boy turns out to be a vampire/werewolf/fairy/some other mythological being that the author clearly only resea
Mel
No. Just no. Absolutely not. I could NOT continue this book. The only minute thing I found interesting was that the car accident managed to knock the dog's balls off somehow. Other than that, I couldn't stand any more. No no no no no. Hell fucking shit no.
Tatiana
Dec 02, 2009 Tatiana rated it 1 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: those who want to read another Twilight rip-off
Having satisfied my curiosity about this popular YA series, I can safely scratch the rest of the books (and their author) off my TBR list forever.

The book starts off OK - mind-reading, auras, family drama, but very swiftly becomes just another pathetic Twilight rip-off. Same worn out story of an insecure girl falling for a mysterious/sexy/dangerous paranormal guy, same absent adults, same "love" without really knowing each other, same focus on outer beauty and expensive things, same gazing into
Haleema
Back when I read this book, I didn't know what snark was. Now that I do... hehehehehehehe... Now that I do and now that I remember everything that bothered me about this book, I shall write snark. Yes, I shall.

description
Mmmm.... snark....

So let me explain what I thought I was reading with this excellent meme.

description

Ah, yes. How Ever utterly reminded me of Bella Swan, I cannot explain in this review. I just cannot. And how Damen reminded me of Edward Cullen, I cannot explain in this review. I JUST CANNOT. The re
Circus Princess
Mallory Kellogg
This book warrants a full-on, GIF-ridden review. You've been warned.

Let me start out by saying this:

So.....We have Ever. Yeah, EVER. Who names their kid EVER?! (There was also Honor, Haven and Stacia, but I digress.)

Anyway, who would play Ever in the movie? A light switch. Think about it. She loves him, she hates him. She loves him, she hates him. She loves him, she wants to barf at the sight of him.

So she almost died and now she has psychic powers. Which, by psychic powers, she means "being re
J.D. Stroube
I absolutely loved this book. It is a bit of an easy read, but well worth it. I felt as though the author had taken some of my favorite young adult books and blended them into one solid story.

This is basically a young adult romance novel with a supernatural twist. It had some humor peppered throughout it, but it was mostly just sweet. Damen was an interesting character, but he did irritate me with the Drina situation (I won't say more because I do not want to spoil it).

I completely recommend t
♔ Leah.
I have heard a lot about this book- reviews ranging from "amazing" to a rip-off of Twilight, any way continuing with this tragic epic tale in which I have lost brain cells and I am warning you that what you read ahead is not for the easily offended as it does contain a lot of rage, incoherence and strong language:

Anyway, like most typical, shitty YA novels- it starts off with a boring, emo girl who is a ~speshul snowflake (because we are severely lacking some of these in the YA genre, of course
Kristi
I’m not surprised that I devoured this novel. I’m a fantasy junkie, what can I say. I’ve been pinning after this book for what seems like forever, so of course I had high standards. And honestly most of them were met, there were a few things that I would have loved to seen Noel elaborate on, but overall I was utterly and completely satisfied.

Let’s start with characterization. Ever was a solid character, I got her guilt, I understood her struggle, and her name is Ever.... could that possibly mea
Hina
I told myself that I honestly wasn't going to read this book after my friend, Aysha, came up to me one day just praising the book. I read about twelve pages and then gave up, I had enough of all things with the words dark and romance in it after reading Twilight. Nonetheless, I just saw this book sitting on a shelf at my local library and the prospect of making a bad review about it on Goodreads just made me happy, so here we are. There might be about one or two spoilers in the book, but don't w ...more
Miss Clark
May 07, 2010 Miss Clark rated it 1 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: No one. Ever.
Ugh. Pretty well sums up how I felt about this book. Not very original. It is a Twilightesque book that manages to cover all the mistakes of that book and never even once hits a good note.

The plot makes little sense. Girl dies. Comes back. Is psychic, can read minds and see auras and hates her life because she blames herself for her family's death in the car crash that very nearly killed her. Can also see ghosts. Is considered freak at school for the way that she acts and dresses, mainly all be
Amanda
Jan 22, 2012 Amanda rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: To ages from 12 to 17
Recommended to Amanda by: I first saw it at Borders Book Store
When I first saw this book I was really excited because well, I really liked the cover. It is truly a beautifully done cover. So I read the description provided, and thought I might actually like this book, so I also entered the First Reads Giveaway and was totally shocked when I was chosen to receive the book. Now that the book has been received and read it’s time for me to write my review.

I will not lie even when I read the description at first I was put off by the name of Leading lady, I mea
Maria Snyder
I'm listening to this one. I'm about half way and getting annoyed by how clueless and self-absorbed Ever is. She has a right to be in the beginning, but the time has passed for her to "wake" up. Plus she's mean to her little sister, considering what happened to Riley, she should be A LOT nicer.

I'm willing to keep listening. The actress/reader is excellent and I'm thinking that I might not have lasted this long if I were reading the book...but that's a hard one to call :)

Ugh - I did finish and i
Dee
g
Oct 01, 2009 g rated it 1 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: my nemesis
Hours of my life I will never get back were wasted reading this--and I rarely feel that way. Something made me keep turning the pages, but this book is horrible. The romance is unconvincing, the characters flat, the mythology annoying, and there is something cringe-worthy (the names, for one! Ever? Summerland? Haven? are you kidding me?!) on each and every page--quite a feat!

It's a cheap Twilight Saga and Southern Vampire/Sookie Stackhouse Mysteries rip-off. Sure, many of the aforementioned cri
Tina
Mar 18, 2009 Tina rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone who like supernatural romances.
Shelves: ya-fantasy, own-it
I loved the supernatural romance between Ever and Damen. They might just be my new favorite fictional couple.

Beside Ever's supremely stubborn side, I liked her. You got a real understanding for why she is so stand offish, why she's closed herself off from the world.

Damen is a mystery. His hot and cold attitude (towards Ever) was frustrating yet, very intriguing. Wanting to put the pieces of the puzzle together is what kept me wanting more.

I loved Riley, Ever's sister. Riley is unable to move
Michelle
Stop me if you've heard this one before:

Girl moves to new city. New, rich, and perfect boy shows up to school and immediately shows marked attention to girl. Boy has all kinds of odd abilities - moves fast, is drop dead gorgeous, never eats - and girl can't figure him out but can't stay away either.

Ring any bells?

I felt like I had already read the first hundred pages or so in this Twilight wannabe where Ever loses her family in a tragic car accident and moves in with her aunt in California. Afte
Inge
Sella Malin
Sep 01, 2009 Sella Malin rated it 1 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: no one
Eh, I don't really like this book. The story isn't very original or creative. The whole "you are immune to my painfully annoying superpowers" is really cliche and has been done way too many times before. The whole OMG-Damen's-so-hot-and-sexy thing is kind of stupid and superficial. Plus, Noel never actually describes Damen; she just says he's really hot. Um, excuse me? Hot is an opinion thing. I want you to show me how Damen looks like so I can decide if he's hot or not. Jeez.

And Damen - ugh. I
The Literary Bystander (nxlee)
Feb 10, 2012 The Literary Bystander (nxlee) rated it 1 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Twilight fans
Merna
I felt inclined to write a review about Evermore, considering this is the worst book I have ever read (pun intended). You would be deficient not to notice the similarity between evermore and twilight. I think the author was personally saying, "In your face Stephanie Meyer, let's see if you can write a worse love story than this." Twilight wasn't anything staggering, but at least it was somewhat entertaining.

I read this book last year, and by now my memory of Evermore has faded. Yet, some terrib
Saniya(Will Herondale is mine)

This picture explains perfectly how I was feeling while reading Evermore.
Anger, laughter and yes, how could I possibly forget? Failure.
Its worse than Hush Hush, better than Fallen and a total rip off of Twilight series. I felt like a hero after accomplishing reading Hush Hush, Fallen and Twilight series and now, I just have tears in my eyes after reading this because I feel like a king of the whole universe.
USELESS characters, USELESS story and to sum up, EPIC FAIL book.
I will rate this book 2/
Bark's Book Nonsense
Sixteen year old Ever (yes, so sorry that’s not a typo) lost her family, her dog, her home and her popularity in a tragic accident. When she awakens she has the ability to read thoughts and see auras. This is not a good thing for Ever and it turns her into a “freak”. Now living with her wealthy, absent aunt, she shuns people and hides her beauty behind ugly hoodies and big sunglasses.

One gloomy day a new boy arrives at the school where she is now one of the misfit freaky kids. For some reason s
Katrina Passick Lumsden
Thomas
You know, I really feel bad for deleting my entire review because six people liked it. I'm not sure why, as it was me simply ranting indulgently about how much I loved this book.

Take into consideration that I was young and innocent and unaware of young-adult powerhouses like The Hunger Games and Shiver when I read this. As I continue to read more of this series, it continues to disappoint.

What I'm getting at is that I'm not sure if I would grant this book five stars once I re-read it now, as an
Steph Su
After the accident that took her parents' and sister's lives, 16-year-old Ever can see people's auras and read their thoughts. She even has conversations with the annoying ghost of her little sister, Riley. The stimulus she receives from the outside world is overpowering, and so she constantly tries to shut it out by wearing large hoodies and toting an iPod with earphones in everywhere.

Until the new student, Damen Auguste, comes into her life. He's dark, beautiful, talented, and perfect--and Eve
DO NOT READ THIS BOOK 21 139 Dec 15, 2014 12:29AM
Who Stayed up Late Reading This? 5 30 Nov 29, 2014 04:06PM
Evermore or House of night? 2 26 Oct 24, 2014 07:41PM
who loves this series 71 220 Oct 15, 2014 05:52PM
Should I read this? 29 126 Sep 16, 2014 09:36PM
  • Need (Need, #1)
  • Evernight (Evernight, #1)
  • Feast of Fools (The Morganville Vampires, #4)
  • Deadly Little Games (Touch, #3)
  • Dark Visions (Dark Visions, #1-3)
  • Masquerade (Blue Bloods, #2)
  • Legacy of Lies & Don't Tell (Dark Secrets, #1-2)
  • Dance with a Vampire (Vampire Kisses, #4)
  • Shade (Shade, #1)
  • Chosen (House of Night #3)
  • The Dark Divine (The Dark Divine, #1)
  • Stake That (Blood Coven Vampire, #2)
200317
*Note to readers: I'm slowly trying to add to the long list of books I have read, books I am reading, books I want to read, and books I loved reading. I only add books I loved, hence all my ratings are 5 stars!

Alyson Noël is the #1 New York Times best selling, award-winning, author of 21 novels, including: FAKING 19, ART GEEKS AND PROM QUEENS, LAGUNA COVE, FLY ME TO THE MOON, KISS & BLOG, SAVI
More about Alyson Noel...
Blue Moon (The Immortals, #2) Shadowland (The Immortals, #3) Dark Flame (The Immortals, #4) Night Star (The Immortals, #5) Everlasting (The Immortals, #6)

35 trivia questions
12 quizzes
More quizzes & trivia...
“I guess by now I should know enough about loss to realize that you never really stop missing someone-you just learn to live around the huge gaping hole of their absence.” 2257 likes
“You never know what you have till you've lost it.” 813 likes