Start by marking “Dark Angel (Casteel, #2)” as Want to Read:
Dark Angel (Casteel, #2)

Dark Angel (Casteel #2)

3.95  ·  Rating Details ·  14,657 Ratings  ·  160 Reviews
At last, Heaven would find the happiness she longed for...free from the scorn and contempt of her past!

In her grandmother's fine, rich Boston house, Heaven Leigh Casteel dreamed of a wonderful new life of new friends, the best schools, beautiful clothes and most important, love. The pearls of culture, wisdom and breeding would now be hers. Soon she would make the Casteel

Published November 1st 1990 by Pocket Books (first published 1986)

To ask other readers questions about Dark Angel, please sign up.

This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Shay Hawthorne
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Shay Hawthorne You can't. Really. You won't be able to find someone hosting it online. If you can't buy it for some reason I suggest asking your local library to…moreYou can't. Really. You won't be able to find someone hosting it online. If you can't buy it for some reason I suggest asking your local library to consider stocking it or they may have a "inter-library book loan" program. Just ask them. Alternately, Might I suggest a blog that hilariously recaps the books? Just google "Casteel kids stole my groceries". "Trapped in the attic" is also a good one.(less)

Shae
Sep 10, 2008 Shae rated it it was amazing
Possibly the book I have read the most in my life. Troy, the man I hold all men up to, hence my horrible track record. Sigh... I love me a tragic hottie!
Erin
Sep 21, 2016 Erin rated it really liked it
This is one of the most romantic stories I have ever read. the character of Troy keeps me coming back to this book again and again. I love the characters, I love the setting, I just really love this book. Best in the series.
Jeni
Apr 30, 2012 Jeni rated it it was amazing
Shelves: old-favorites
I will shamelessly always adore this book. Troy was my teen-aged self's ideal man. It oozed romance, intrigue, and drama that sucked me in then and continues to bring me back. Tony, Jillian, The Casteel family, even Rye Whiskey and Curtis all hold a special place in my heart.

Novels that were truly written by Ms. Andrews were Flowers in the Attic, Petals on the Wind, If There Be Thorns, Seeds of Yesterday, My Sweet Audrina, Heaven, and Dark Angel. When Virginia became seriously ill while writing
Amanda
Sep 26, 2007 Amanda rated it it was amazing
Kelly
****SPOILERS, YA'LL****

Sweet baby Jesus, Heaven Leigh Casteel... you cannot catch a break, can you, girl?!? I first read Dark Angel in the early 1990s (when I was a teenager). Loved it then, and hot damn, I loved it again last night when I finished it pretty much in one sitting.

You know who was sort of a douche in this book? Everyone. Yup, everyone. Even Heaven. It wouldn't be a VC Andrews book unless something bad/wrong/terrible happened every page. Sometimes twice a page. Even after Heaven lan
Michelle
Dec 18, 2009 Michelle rated it it was amazing
Kelli
Sep 02, 2010 Kelli rated it did not like it
Jenny
Jan 04, 2010 Jenny rated it it was amazing
when i first started reading the heaven series i believe i was like 13, and i fell in love with it. its 5 years after and i really wanted these books on my shelf to let my children read it when they're older so i went on a treasure hunt looking for the whole series. i finally found the whole series in the old, small seondhand book store i adored! im sooooo HAPPY to add this book in my collection. oh and if i were to have the perfect husband Troy would be #1 pick... <3 <3 <3 <3 My fav ...more
Zézinha Rosado
O segundo livro desta saga é ainda melhor que o primeiro... a continuação da história de vida de Heaven, que vai viver com os avós maternos numa luxuosa mansão.
A estranheza inicial de viver com tanto luxo, ao qual não estava habituada, depressa vai dar lugar a um novo estilo de vida e a uma nova forma de encarar as agruras do passado.
Mas é impossível esquecer a vida nos montes, pois é aí que tem as suas raízes... no meio da trama continuam a aparecer personagens fortes e apaixonantes e revelaçõe
Felicia Woods
Jan 15, 2009 Felicia Woods rated it really liked it
The Heaven series is definitely my favorite from VC Andrews.
Karen Cheng
Jul 22, 2014 Karen Cheng rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Darrell
May 29, 2012 Darrell rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone who like romantic novels
Recommended to Darrell by: a friend of mine
Being unloved by her father. Heaven decided too move in with her unearthy beautiful grandmother and her step grandfather too live in their home, knowing that they were wealthy but Heaven couldn't help but be amazed by the sized of their mansion, at that moment she now know that her dreams of going to college and becaming successful had became more clear to her, but sadly she had no one to share it with, her grandmother thought only of her beauty, her step grandfather been busy with his company a ...more
Jill the Ripper
Melodrama that I would tear a book in half for is... so much enjoyable in a VCA novel. I'm not sure why, I think it's because it's so over the top that it's just... amazing. I love it, I loved this. I loved Heaven's burning need to prove herself, the fact that she wasn't perfect, for all that she's worshipped by others. Her struggle with her upbringing and her father and her love for Troy were all very touching. And that's the thing with VCA's originals, no matter how ridiculous they can be, the ...more
Jen F
Aug 10, 2016 Jen F rated it liked it
I read this book thirty years ago when I was 13. I love loved it. Not as much now. But that's ok it just made me wonder how I interpreted some of these situations so young, and why was I reading smut.
Sadie
Dec 30, 2014 Sadie rated it really liked it
Despite the fact I did enjoy reading this book, I consider it my least favorite of V.C's books. This was written by VCA herself and I felt she could of done so much better. The first book, Heaven, was amazing but Dark Angel wasn't nearly as good or satisfying. Everything here felt rushed, Troy was way too angsty for my taste and the circus thing seemed completely random. With all that said, it's still a good book just lacking V.C just wasn't at her best with this one in my opinion.
Miwako Sakurada
Feb 29, 2016 Miwako Sakurada rated it it was amazing
Well, once more V.C. Andrews has brought me into a world of secrecy, lies, incest, fairytale and THE sublime.

I will start off this review by saying, I didn't much enjoy Heaven (the novel). Though it was an interesting coming of age novel. I found it not to have a specific goal. Well folks.... this novel is just the same...ish?

Though I will say, this novel did plenty plenty PLENTY things right. And All in all it was an amazing piece of fiction. Now, as per usual, I will break down the elements o
Mackenzie Beck
Dec 23, 2014 Mackenzie Beck rated it it was amazing
Kimberly
Feb 06, 2015 Kimberly rated it really liked it
VC Andrews has always been a favorite of mine since my childhood days. I have read (and re-read) all of her books, and although I am much older now and find that some of her work is better than others, I still enjoy the twists and turns, strangeness and mystery that continues to captivate my interest.
Sandra Durand
Dec 13, 2014 Sandra Durand rated it really liked it
Chris
Feb 03, 2008 Chris rated it it was amazing
another one of my favorites. For some reason, I loved the Heaven/Troy relationship so much (minus the incest) that I wrote a couple stories about them!! How embarrassing :) Anyway, another book that I will never forget.
Kris - My Novelesque Life
When I read these novels back in the day I would have given them 3-3.5 STARS and now would say about one Star

I started reading VC Andrews books in the 1991 and stopped about 2003.

I have read:
-Hudson Series
-Shooting Stars Series
-DeBeers Series
-Broken Wings Series

As a preteen reading these novels was a rebellion and the gothic theme also seemed cool. I stopped reading this author because
gina velasquez
May 05, 2011 gina velasquez rated it it was amazing
I was about 13 years old when I first read this book. I read this book in one day and I fell in love with the character Troy.
Carolyn
Jul 07, 2010 Carolyn rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
I loved this book, especially Troy. Tony was a bit creepy though.
Kerryn (RatherBeReading)

I found this book to be pretty frustrating to be honest. Heaven literally just makes bad decision after bad decision after bad decision and that can be very frustrating to read.

This book also had some very questionable quotations throughout, an example being 'just love me long enough to make me feel good about myself'................... :|

I also find the story a little frustrating in that there are no, for lack of a better term, 'normal' people, every person connected to Heaven's life h
Marina Schulz
THIS IS SOOOO BAD!!

The three stars are literally relitive to the fact that I couldn't decide whether to give this book five or one star; one i got this, I didn't even know about V. C Andrews, had no idea about "Flowers In THe Attic", and got started on book two.

At first I thought the writing was really captivating if the story was a little funny; a weird, stilted, old-fashioned woe-is-me style, about a girl who goes to live with her rich grandparents. I read the first few hundred pages in no ti
Marna
Aug 28, 2016 Marna rated it liked it
Why do I still like this obviously terrible book? I am trying to log as many as I can, an impossible task you say. Except I'm certain I haven't really read that many books and that my reading level, which used to be advanced for my age, has stayed the same, pretty sad for someone in their thirties.

I just remember listening to Days of Future Past OVER AND OVER AGAIN...like, I just kept flipping the record over. Whee, entirely contradictory cues as to my age. You'll never figure it out. NEVER.

Sadl
Leigh
Jan 17, 2016 Leigh rated it really liked it
The sequel to Heaven in which she at last meets her mother's family. This book was also the last one Andrews wrote herself so it was a bittersweet read. Life certainly doesn't get easy for Heaven this time around. She might have money but she still feels lonely like she has no one to love her. Her grandmother Jillian is in love with herself, her step-grandfather Tony is cold and distant wanting to control her whole life, and she runs into bullies at her new school. In the midst of this she meets ...more
Rossy
Mar 20, 2014 Rossy rated it really liked it
I still like Heaven in this second book, I can't believe everything that happens to her or around her! This book is filled with drama! I didn't care for some of the characters, I still wanted to slap Fanny or erase her altogether from the book, and Logan? MEEEEEH!
Poor Heaven AGAIN, just wanting someone to love her and when she finally gets it, well you know how that ended. I think she's been through so much that she's becoming so cold, I'd hate to find out I'm right in the next book (which i'm
V H
Apr 07, 2012 V H rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bookcrossing
There were some mistakes in this book, a few things that didn’t correspond with what had been written in book one “Heaven”, and there was some historical mistakes (it seems Andrews couldn’t quite decide in what time period she wanted the saga to be set in and so the math doesn’t really add up), but other than those faults it was a good book. Like the first book, I think I can also read this one over and over again.

Heaven goes back to her dead mother’s childhood home, but it’s not like she expect
Kim Smiley
Aug 05, 2009 Kim Smiley rated it it was amazing
This was better than the first in the series. We come to Heaven leaving the Willies and flying off to Boston to meet her dead mother's parents. Here she is dressed with the finest clothes, goes to the finest school for her senior year, and befriends her step-grandfather's brother, Troy. Troy is off-limits to her says Tony, her step-grandfather, due to his strange behaviors.

Needless to say, Heaven does try and contact all of her brothers and sisters, only to find that they really don't need her.
  • Second Child
  • Blood Roots
  • Last Dance (Saturday Night, #2)
  • Hit And Run (Point Horror, #26)
  • Scavenger Hunt
  • Dear Sister (Sweet Valley High, #7)
  • Thurston House
  • Lovers
  • The Theft (Thornton, #2)
Books published under the following names - Virginia Andrews, V. Andrews, Virginia C. Andrews & V.C. Endrius. Books since her death ghost written by Andrew Neiderman, but still attributed to the V.C. Andrews name

Virginia Cleo Andrews (born Cleo Virginia Andrews) was born June 6, 1923 in Portsmouth, Virginia. The youngest child and the only daughter of William Henry Andrews, a career navy man
More about V.C. Andrews...

Casteel (5 books)
  • Heaven (Casteel, #1)
  • Fallen Hearts (Casteel, #3)
  • Gates of Paradise (Casteel, #4)
  • Web of Dreams (Casteel, #5)

“It’s not that I’m afraid to die, it’s only the road to death that terrifies me, for sometimes it can be so drawn out.” 3 likes