Start by marking “Wicked Forest (De Beers, #2)” as Want to Read:
Wicked Forest (De Beers, #2)

Wicked Forest (De Beers #2)

3.85  ·  Rating Details ·  2,499 Ratings  ·  37 Reviews
IN A WORLD OF HIDDEN DANGERS, IT'S EASY TO GET LOST....
After discovering her true identity, Willow De Beers leaves her North Carolina town to live with her real mother and her half-brother in Palm Beach, Florida. Now caught up in a world of glamour and extravagant wealth -- where nosy neighbors, fueled by gossip and greed, keep an eye on her eccentric family -- Willow is
Published June 1st 2002 by Pocket Books (first published 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Wicked Forest, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wicked Forest

Kim Smiley
Dec 04, 2013 Kim Smiley rated it liked it
Charli
May 10, 2009 Charli rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2007
Amazingly enough, Wicked Forest picked up precisely where Willow left off. I was surprised as VC Andrews seems to go back and forth between starting the next book in a series right where the last one left off, and starting the next book months, even years after the last one left off. So it was nice to see that this book started where Willow left off.

This was another great book by VC Andrews. The storyline was great, and although I have to admit, most of her series have the same general plot line
Mizzashley
Sep 07, 2009 Mizzashley rated it it was amazing
Willow made the hasty choice of falling for Thatcher Eaton and then to become pregnant by this man just added to bad judgement. Of course the Eatons turned out to be just as nasty in there claims that the baby was Willows and her half-brother Linden. Alot of lies and deception in this novel. In the end all seems to be promising as Willow becomes involved with her professor Miguel. Good choice or bad? To be continued to the next part of this series.
Kammie
Sep 12, 2015 Kammie rated it did not like it
This series in general, but this book specifically, is garbage.

Seduce- 1. attract someone to a belief or into a course of action that is inadvisable or foolhardy. 2. Entice into sexual activity
Rape- Any act of sexual intercourse that is FORCED upon a person

Do you see the difference? Apparently the ghost writer does not. The words 'rape' & 'seduce' are NOT interchangeable, despite his best efforts to make it so.

Pg 105- (Willow at salon, after seeing the paper featuring Thatcher with Vera Ray
Jen
Jan 21, 2015 Jen rated it liked it
M Strawberry
Oct 27, 2012 M Strawberry rated it it was ok
Shelves: andrew-neiderman
After reading the first Debeers book, I was greatly disappointed. Back then when it first came out, I still had faith and hope in Mr. Neiderman's writing and hoped that he would go back to putting effort into the books he ghostwrote for the VCA name. But this book was plodding and shallow, and I found myself frustrated with the ending, along with Willow's sheer stupidity and refusal to confront the truth about her philandering husband, and how sloppily the book was put together. Willow is suppos ...more
Kris - My Novelesque Life
When I read these novels back in the day I would have given them 3-3.5 STARS and now would say about one Star

I started reading VC Andrews books in the 1991 and stopped about 2003.

I have read:
-Hudson Series
-Shooting Stars Series
-DeBeers Series
-Broken Wings Series

As a preteen reading these novels was a rebellion and the gothic theme also seemed cool. I stopped reading this author because
Anne Marie
May 08, 2015 Anne Marie rated it really liked it
Loraine
As with the first book in the series, a little predictable in places and as for Thatcher Eaton - well I know he was a bad egg straight away and still find it amazing that WIllow was fool enough not to see it straight away. I suppose without it there is no story! The incestual obsession storyline is SOOOOO old now, and the locking her up chapter is repeating previous series storylines. Easy to read, fast to read. I probably won't read it again though.
Diane Labrosse
Feb 16, 2012 Diane Labrosse rated it liked it
I think this story is interesting but it takes a while to get to the point. I have almost finished the book and so far, I am left feeling like something is missing in this story.
O.K. I have finished reading this book and it got too freaky for me at the end. The story is about a woman united with her real mother and is caught up in a world of glamour and extravagant wealth. Her half-brother lives with them but lives in a world of his own.
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
Read these back in HS and I'll say it again, this is one of the better series I remember. The writing style helps but sometimes the characters you just faceplam you know? Anyway, remembered this and the last book pretty good. But while liking the later books, they weren't as good but still good. This one has Willow finding who she and her family really are, a romance blooming and getting used to her new home.
Chelsea Gouin
Mar 25, 2016 Chelsea Gouin rated it liked it
Shelves: vc-andrews
I was fairly disappointed in this one seeing as Willow was unique for VC Andrews. Wicked Forest started off as just a follow-up for what happened and really acted more as a setting of the stage. The last 1/4 of the book followed typical VC Andrews fashion. This book really stereotyped Willow as good and everyone else as bad which got annoying. However, the ending took a much darker turn than I expected and ended satisfyingly.
Lauren Gommert
Jul 29, 2011 Lauren Gommert rated it liked it
This is one of the weaker V.C. Andrews in respect to how alike it is to vintage Andrews. Nothing especially tragic happens...sure, there's awkward sexual tension between the main character and her half-brother but other than that this is about as un-Andrewsish as you can get. The plot is slow and predictable with such a late, sudden climax that if might as well not of even had one. Not the best...but still readable.
Jackie
Aug 14, 2011 Jackie rated it it was amazing
Fred Scott
i thought it was definitely better than the first Willow novel. i am just not too sure if I want to read beyond this one... I feel like it's a bit predictable. but its an interesting story that's for sure.
Nico
Dec 04, 2014 Nico rated it it was amazing
one of the best, most loved series/authors of all time. V.C. Andrews books are something so easily recognizable and new books continue to evolve to go with the times and bring in a whole new generation of loving readers
Dacia
Dec 17, 2014 Dacia rated it really liked it
I own a good majority of her books, this is another I have added to my collection (good series to read)
Kara Callahan
Aug 15, 2014 Kara Callahan rated it did not like it
I hated it. This has to be one of the most boring, ridiculous books I have ever read! I wasted a few days on this I will not get back!
Ria
Dec 17, 2011 Ria rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A really good book, the author is stepping up the pace, now the style is getting to be more like the original Virginia Andrews novels. Hints of intrigue, infidelity, incest etc.
Marie
Sep 02, 2012 Marie rated it it was amazing
This book was pretty predictable. (view spoiler)
Nicole Mathias
Nov 02, 2014 Nicole Mathias rated it it was amazing
v.c. andrews books are all absolutely amazing and very easily distinguishable from any other authors. i love the darkeness, secrets, lies, very addicting, i have almost every single book!
Dawn
Nov 13, 2008 Dawn rated it liked it
Recommends it for: V. C. Andrews Fans.
Recommended to Dawn by: I read all of V. C. Andrews books.
This was the second book in the Willow series. It was a good read, but not my favorite series by this author.
Stephen Bessinger
Blah, either my taste in reading has changed or theres only a few VC Andrews books that are actually good. this one must have been an unfinished manuscript that was finished after she died.
Nikki Marie
Nov 28, 2014 Nikki Marie rated it it was amazing
Jodie Angeline Lee
Aug 20, 2014 Jodie Angeline Lee rated it really liked it
Another great page turner. I really don't like Thatcher Eaton or his stuck up family.

Willow is a great character who grows and keeps you intrigued throughout.
Alecia
Alecia rated it really liked it
May 08, 2010
Jessica
Jessica rated it liked it
Nov 19, 2013
Mike McCarty
Mike McCarty rated it liked it
Aug 29, 2015
MsBeaglely
MsBeaglely rated it it was ok
Apr 14, 2010
Jen
Jen rated it it was ok
Aug 05, 2010
  • V.C. Andrews: Her Life and Books
  • Walt Disney World Trivia Book: Secrets, History & Fun Facts Behind the Magic: Volume 1
  • Blood Roots
  • Mystic Guardian (Mystic Isle, #1)
  • Secret Life of a Scandalous Debutante
  • Ashes to Ashes:  The Dragon's Flame (Blackstone Chronicles, #3)
  • Love's Passion
  • The Complete Book of Spells, Ceremonies and Magic
  • The Dragon Done It
  • Fatal Bargain (Vampire's Promise, #3)
  • Snatched (Bloodwater Mysteries, #1)
  • Popular Vote
  • Dragonforge (Dragon Age, #2)
  • Just Another Day in My Insanely Real Life
  • A Talent For Murder (Nancy Drew: Files, #75)
  • Finding Me
  • Highland Hero (Scottish Knights Trilogy, #2)
  • Final Fantasy XIII: Complete Official Guide - Collector's Edition
Books published under the following names - Virginia Andrews, V. Andrews, Virginia C. Andrews & V.C. Endrius. Books since her death ghost written by Andrew Neiderman, but still attributed to the V.C. Andrews name

Virginia Cleo Andrews (born Cleo Virginia Andrews) was born June 6, 1923 in Portsmouth, Virginia. The youngest child and the only daughter of William Henry Andrews, a career navy man
More about V.C. Andrews...

De Beers (5 books)
  • Willow (De Beers, #1)
  • Twisted Roots (De Beers, #3)
  • Into the Woods (De Beers, #4)
  • Hidden Leaves (De Beers, #5)