Start by marking “Great Sand Dunes National Park: Between Light and Shadow” as Want to Read:
Great Sand Dunes National Park: Between Light and Shadow

Great Sand Dunes National Park: Between Light and Shadow

For three years, John Weller captured the Great Sand Dunes with his extraordinary photography and vivid stories. Here is his masterly result in a phenominal book to celebrate our nation's newest national park.
Published November 1st 2004 by Westcliffe Publishers (first published October 30th 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Great Sand Dunes National Park, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Great Sand Dunes National Park

Ron
Jan 14, 2014 Ron rated it it was amazing
Absolutely stunning sand dune photos, so perfect and abstract. Interesting diary of his 1 week trip each month for 3 years photographing the National Park in all kinds of weather, wind and light. His descriptions of wildlife encounters (from bugs, birds to pronghorns) made me wonder why he did not include some more photos of them. If you think that you want to be a wildlife photographer... read this quote from one day in a storm:
"I tumbled halfway down the dune, then ran, tripped, and fell on my
Tommie Mc.
Jan 02, 2015 Tommie Mc. rated it liked it
i did not read the jacket enough to realize that this is a book of mostly abstract photos. i'm not into abstract art, so i was hoping for more photos of wildlife or scenery that is more real rather than conceptual photos of dunes. but i did like reading about the authors experiences and what he saw while trekking around the dunes. it made me wish i could do the same. he saw things that very few of us get to see. he spent quality time in this park.
Colin
Colin rated it really liked it
May 15, 2015
Donna
Donna rated it it was amazing
May 25, 2014
Bonnie
Bonnie marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2011
Josh
Josh rated it it was amazing
Dec 05, 2011
Jess
Jess rated it liked it
Sep 02, 2011
Judith
Judith marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2011