Start by marking “All Men are Brothers: Autobiographical Reflections (Impacts)” as Want to Read:
All Men are Brothers: Autobiographical Reflections (Impacts)

All Men are Brothers: Autobiographical Reflections (Impacts)

4.11 of 5 stars 4.11  ·  rating details  ·  264 ratings  ·  11 reviews
All Men Are Brothers is a compelling and unique collection of Gandhi's most trenchant writings on nonviolence, especially in the context of a post-nuclear world. This compendium, which reads like a traditional book - "Gandhi without tears" - is drawn from a wide range of his reflections on world peace. "It is not that I am incapable of anger, but ...more
Published September 20th 2005 by Bloomsbury Academic (first published 1958)

Health Guide by Mahatma GandhiThe Story of My Experiments With Truth by Mahatma GandhiThe Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. TolkienArt of Computer Programming, Volume 1 by Donald Ervin KnuthArt of Computer Programming, Volume 2 by Donald Ervin Knuth
My List Books
73rd out of 90 books — 5 voters
Freakonomics by Steven D. LevittGetting Things Done by David AllenWalking the Corporate Beat by Michael TabmanSecret to Startup Failure by Sonia LinThe 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. Covey
Books Every Businessperson Should Read
131st out of 251 books — 146 voters

More lists with this book...

Rinda Rinda
This is a collection of excerpts spoken or written by Gandhi, split into chapters, divided by individual topics such as nonviolence, religion, brotherhood, women in society, etc.

Some parts are a bit repetitive and I did not really like how the excerpts were not sequential. They'd quote a passage from a speech Gandhi gave from the late '50s then the next one would be from the early '40s. The underlining message may be similar, but Gandhi was as human as the next and his views, ideals and even hi
Crisperian
Good
novia
(versi bahasa indonesia-nya..) menarik.
Frightful_elk
This is a collection of quotes and extracts from the main writings of Gandhi. As such it serves as an excellent introduction to his ideas and practices, there are many beautiful and inspiring quotes, some that hint at a closed mind and a more human and flawed character than the one held by popular imagination. Overall I would recommend it, it is organised into the main themes of his teaching, so you can build up an idea of his opinions in each chapter, unfortunately, due to the many sources this ...more
Ehsan
ابیاتی از کتاب همه مردم برابرند اثر مهاتما گاندی

من به کسانی که از مذهب خود با دیگران سخن می گویند و تبلیغ میکنند، مخصوصاً وقتی منظورشان این است که آنها را به دین خود در آورند، هیچ اعتقادی ندارم. دین و مذهب در گفتار نیست بلکه با کردار است و دراین صورت عمل هرکس خود عامل تبلیغ خواهد بود.

در حقیقت تنها خداوند از قلب اشخاص خبر دارد و به این جهت مطمئن ترین راه آنست که هیچ شخصی، چه زنده و چه مرده مورد ستایش قرار نگیرد و فقطکمال الهی که همان حقیقت است مورد ستایش واقع شود.

Christina
Interesting book. Gandhi's a lot less absolute about certain things like brahmacharya (celibacy) than I thought he would be. Although he would prefer a totally non-violent, pure, moral society, he comments that absolute abstinence from the world's temptations isn't easy for everyone. Gandhi unpacks a very compelling argument for non-violent non-cooperation.Very intriguing read.
Andrea Bovino
"Se amiamo coloro che ci amano, questa non è non violenza. Non violenza è amare coloro che ci odiano".
Pensieri sparsi della Grande Anima che aprono il cuore e fanno riflettere su come sarebbe semplice vivere in questo mondo. Un altro di quei libri che sono tanto semplici quanto illuminanti.
Brandon Fryman
Everyone should read this book and practice the things this great man experienced. I like that he was so humble and told us readers who he studied. I felt, when reading this, that the many things he talked about I do or felt. He put it into words for me and gave me something to strive towards.
Gilang Permana
Sebuah pemikiran yang menarik dari Gandhi terutama tentang menjadi sosok manusia yang seutuhnya dengan menganut paham Ahimsa
Michael
I have read this many times and always enjoy it!
Glen Roberts
True is non violence.
Reginald Blakey
Reginald Blakey marked it as to-read
May 17, 2015
Kamar GHENIM
Kamar GHENIM marked it as to-read
May 16, 2015
Ann Floose
Ann Floose marked it as to-read
May 13, 2015
Valeria Piedra
Valeria Piedra marked it as to-read
May 13, 2015
Alexis Menendez
Alexis Menendez marked it as to-read
May 09, 2015
Angel Sanabria
Angel Sanabria marked it as to-read
May 08, 2015
Tracy Haidar
Tracy Haidar marked it as to-read
May 08, 2015
MARIA CAMILLE
MARIA CAMILLE marked it as to-read
May 06, 2015
Jamu
Jamu marked it as to-read
May 02, 2015
Jr Francisco
Jr Francisco marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2015
Lorena Almeida
Lorena Almeida marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2015
Daniel Chacreton
Daniel Chacreton marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2015
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2015
Chaymaa
Chaymaa marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2015
  • Autobiography
  • The Religions of Man
  • Gleanings from the Writings of Baha'u'llah
  • In Tune with the Infinite
  • Nothing in This Book Is True, But It's Exactly How Things Are: The Esoteric Meaning of the Monuments on Mars
  • Disfigured: A Saudi Woman's Story of Triumph over Violence
  • The Majesty of Calmness
  • Lessons in Truth
  • The Transcendent Unity of Religions
  • The Works of Henry David Thoreau
  • المعتقدات الدينية لدى الشعوب
  • The Mystic Heart: Discovering a Universal Spirituality in the World's Religions
  • Manhood
  • Looking at Philosophy: The Unbearable Heaviness of Philosophy Made Lighter
  • The Art of Power
  • Life and Teaching Of The Masters Of The Far East
  • Vibrational Medicine: The #1 Handbook of Subtle-Energy Therapies
  • Psychology
Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi, commonly known as Mahatma Gandhi, was the preeminent leader of Indian nationalism in British-ruled India. Employing non-violent civil disobedience, Gandhi led India to independence and inspired movements for non-violence, civil rights and freedom across the world.

The son of a senior government official, Gandhi was born and raised in a Hindu Bania community in coastal Gu
More about Mahatma Gandhi...
The Story of My Experiments With Truth The Essential Gandhi: An Anthology of His Writings on His Life, Work, and Ideas Non-Violent Resistance (Satyagraha) Gandhi On Non-Violence Bhagavad Gita According to Gandhi(tr)

“The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.” 9601 likes
“[I]t seems to me as clear as daylight that abortion would be a crime.” 27 likes