Start by marking “Winning Job Interviews: Reduce Interview Anxiety/Outprepare the Other Candidates/Land the Job You Love” as Want to Read:

3.48 of 5 stars 3.48  ·  rating details  ·  21 ratings  ·  7 reviews
In this easy-to-follow, step-by-step book, author, psychologist, and career expert Dr. Paul Powers shows job hunters how to find and land a job they love. Winning Job Interviews demystifies job interviewing, explains why the process actually favors the job hunter, and shows how you can dramatically improve your interviewing success.

Winning Job Interviews is packed with ins
Published December 1st 2004 by Career Press

To ask other readers questions about Winning Job Interviews, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Winning Job Interviews

Karen Rowe
A friend gave me this book to read because I've been in a job for eight years that I've been happy with for six of the years and not so much that last two. I was browsing the newspaper...I know kinda old fashioned...for a spark of inspiration to move on when I spoke with her about my discontentment and she recommended this book.

Dr. Paul Powers gave me the confidence that I needed to get out there dispite what I viewed as many flaws in my past career experience. The biggest one was losing 13 yea
Lynn
Finally finished it. Always a good feeling to get through something you never thought you would. I always appreciate books written by psychologists, as they look at things from different angles (at least there's a great attempt to), leaving nothing to chance. When Dr Powers says he wants to help you win it, it's definitely not a false promise!

I really like the wittiness as well as the insights presented. I haven't looked at the toolkits, but I'm sure i'll get it done. What I took home? Look at a
Claire
This book was interesting because it approaches interviews from the prespective of a salesman. There were many things that I kind of skipped over, but I liked the advice it gave on "looking for objections" and "closing the interview". Interviews for teaching are unlike any others, so when I looked over the list of interview questions at the end, I knew I would never ever hear any of those questions in teaching interviews. However, it did make me more aware of thinking of all possible questions b ...more
ReadHowYouWant
Fast-paced, with no fluff, this book shows you how to have a great answer for the most difficult interview questions, social networking mistakes that will hurt your job hunt and career, and more. Jeff Taylor, the founder of Monster.com, praised that Winning Job Interviews “prepares success-minded people for that crucial encounter with great advice, helpful tips and…a winning attitude.”
Linn
Thoroughly unimpressed. This book covered some interesting things but didn't really answer many of the question I had about what to expect in interviews. Most of the advice was common sense material.
Mike Walters
This book is a good place to start. I liked the section on references. The author makes some good recommendations. Otherwise, much of the rest of the book is pretty commonsensical.
Stephen Chung
A decent motivational book.
Hisham Sugeel
Hisham Sugeel marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2015
Yahya
Yahya marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2015
Bob Kjelmyr
Bob Kjelmyr marked it as to-read
May 08, 2015
Deepak Thakur
Deepak Thakur marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2015
Mia Love
Mia Love marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2014
Tara-Tamiko
Tara-Tamiko marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2014
The Hub
The Hub marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2014
Crow
Crow marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2014
Tbulls
Tbulls marked it as to-read
May 16, 2014
Roselle Española
Roselle Española marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Too Tough To Cry:  A True Story Of Suffering And Redemption Don't Wear Flip-Flops to Your Interview: And Other Obvious Tips That You Should Be Following to Get the Job You Want Winning Job Interviews: Reduce Interview Anxiety; Outprepare the Other Candidates; Land the Job You Love Telly Tales Love Your Job!