Start by marking “The Trouble With Tink (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Trouble With Tink (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #1)

The Trouble With Tink (Tales of Pixie Hollow #1)

3.76  ·  Rating Details ·  3,302 Ratings  ·  142 Reviews
Tinker Bell is supposed to be the best there is at fixing pots and pans, but when she loses her hammer, her talent goes with it. Tink is desperate to reclaim her skill. But does she have the courage to face up to her past?
Published January 13th 2009 by A Stepping Stone Book (first published January 1st 2005)

Madz♥-TE- *PJO*~♫Cjaye♫
Jul 25, 2009 Madz♥-TE- *PJO*~♫Cjaye♫ rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
109 pages of pure awesomeness! i know im a little old to read tinker bell, but ou have to admit, she twinkles your spirit!
♦Sarah♦Rockpelt♦
May 28, 2008 ♦Sarah♦Rockpelt♦ rated it it was amazing
Shelves: disney, 2008
It was a fun book to read, but some parts were slow.
Amber
Even if your little darling loves fairies and Tinkerbell, don't read this rubbish to her. It is insipid, bland, dull, silly, gender-stereotyped and sends bad messages about friendship, confidence and talent. Plus the version we borrowed from the library has "Disneyficated" illustrations, which means Tinkerbell has pouty lips, pencil-thin eyebrows, wasp waist, giant doe eyes, and a backless, strapless outfit. I see other editions of this book at least have beautiful illustrations by Judith Holmes ...more
Christine
Dec 11, 2015 Christine rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015
See my full review at museonmedia.com.

Ever since I saw the Disney classic version of Peter Pan I’ve had a great affection for Tinker Bell (as many other’s did too…she is a popular culture icon now and all). When the movie Tinker Bell was being release I was so excited because I thought it might be a prequel starring Tinker Bell meeting Peter Pan or something. When the series ending with Legend of the Neverbeast I was incredibly disappointed that Peter had absolutely no part in Tinker Bell’s wor
Conan Tigard
Nov 16, 2015 Conan Tigard rated it really liked it
Being an ex-employee of the Walt Disney Corporation, I love a lot of things that they do. Also, my daughter is a huge fairy fan. So when I heard that Disney was going to put out early chapter books about Tinker Bell and other fairies, I knew I had to get my hands on these books.

The first thing I noticed while flipping through this book is the incredibly beautiful images that were created to enhance the story. You can see that the artists really cared about what they were creating and the pictur
Robin Conley
Mar 17, 2015 Robin Conley rated it really liked it
I know I'm not the intended audience for this book, but I read everything on the off chance I may want to write in a certain genre or age group one day. I liked to be diverse, and a friend of mine who gives me everything she reads gave me this one so I figured, why not?

It's a nicely done story and a cute read. My only issue was the interactions between Terrence and Tink seemed very odd to me. It kind of made Tink seem like a bad friend, and Terrence a little creepy. Which is weird for a kids boo
Rachel
May 21, 2014 Rachel rated it really liked it
Very cute, and such a fun tale of what happens to Tink when she loses her tinker's hammer. Pie pans that only bake mince meat pies (“to them it tastes lke burned broccoli and old socks”) and a whistleless tea kettle that won't stop whistling after Tink gets her hands on it are just a few of the troubles Tink gets herself into! Tinker Bell must also, finally confront her falling out with Peter Pan so she can collect her spare tinker's hammer – left behind at the hallow tree!

The only real trouble
Gie
Jan 21, 2015 Gie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sudah lama saya tertarik dengan tokoh Tinkerbell. Mungkin karena wujudnya yang imut dan kecil (seperti saya), membuat saya menaruh perhatian lebih kepada salah satu pentolan Disney ini. Mungkin juga karena kostumnya yang berwarna hijau dan sederhana, membuat saya suka dan gemas dengan Tinkerbell. Kemudian, belakangan saya tahu kalau Tinkerbell yang suka jutek dan galak, ternyata bersikap begitu (konon) karena badannya yang kecil, berdampak pada ruang di hatinya juga kecil dan sempit, membuatnya ...more
Katie
Jun 23, 2015 Katie rated it liked it
A children's book, but I'm a child at heart and I love the Disney Fairies. :P

Tinkerbell is usually great at fixing pots and pans and things - after all her talent is in tinkering.
However, she gets distracted when her friends invite her to play and loses her hammer and
suddenly things start falling apart (literally). The things her fairie friends have asked her to
fix are suddenly causing chaos and some fairies are questioning if Tinkerbell has lost her talent.

Tinkerbell is suddenly faced with a di
Sylwia
Mar 29, 2014 Sylwia rated it it was amazing
I have wanted to read this book and this series for the longest time.
Before I get into my review, I have to explain something about an element I adore reading and even thinking about: categorizing people. I loved this in the Harry Potter series (the houses) and the Divergent series (the factions) and just about in any other book, TV show, or movie that contains it.

It is part of the reason why I love the Tinker Bell movies.
While I am a die-hard fan of the Disney Animation Studios canon and do no
Melissa
Sep 23, 2012 Melissa rated it it was amazing
Jared Burton
Jun 13, 2010 Jared Burton rated it really liked it
Shelves: english-353
Thorpe, Kiki. The Trouble with Tink. New York: Random House. 2006.
Genre - fiction - fairy
The Trouble with Tink is about Tinker Bell losing her hammer that she fixes her pots and pans with. Tink lives in Pixie Hallow, which is where all the rest of the fairies on Neverland live. It is here where every fairy has their own talent. Tink's talent is a "tinker," she fixes pots and pans. When she loses her hammer she is no longer able to fix stuff and is worried about being banished from Pixie Hallow.
Natalie Manahan
Jun 05, 2012 Natalie Manahan rated it really liked it
This is the first book in the Disney Fairies of Pixie Hollow series. Yes, this is the same Tinkerbell from the Disney Version of Peter Pan. Yes, this is the same Neverland you always knew. However, this book takes place after the movie as "The Wendy" is mentioned and that Peter had brought her to Neverland. Not entirely sure if she's still there or if it's been quite some time since they're returned home.

Anyway, this book is basically about how Tinkerbell, a pots and pans fairy loses her hammer.
Rebecca McNutt
I got this as a gift last month from someone and I decided to read it even though I'm too old to be reading Disney novels. I think if you're a middle-grade novel reader in that age range you'll probably appreciate it much more than if you're my age, because I'm seventeen and I found it to be corny and lacking in imagination.
Victoria Snyder
May 09, 2016 Victoria Snyder rated it really liked it
Read a majority of these as a kid and they were some of my favorites. I was always so enchanted with fairies, and especially loved having a series centered around someone so well-known: Tinkerbell! I haven't read them in years but I'm sure if I got around to reading them again I'd love them all as much as I used to.
Shelby Ward
Apr 22, 2014 Shelby Ward rated it it was amazing
This is a great stepping stones books for kids. Every once in a while I love to read children's books, just to see what is out there for them. :) I loved this book. I still have yet to read more disney fairy books. Hopefully they are all just as good as this one.
K.D. Nelson
Mar 22, 2015 K.D. Nelson rated it liked it
Cute little read. Good for the age group, also good if someone has an 13-14 ur old who needs some fun encouragement to read. Small book, quick read, leaves a happy thought afterward. Could get nonreaders more interested in take more steps toward reading.
Sarah Crawford
Feb 28, 2016 Sarah Crawford rated it really liked it
This is another one of the stories in the Fairies series from Walt Disney. In this one, Tinkerbelle basically has a crisis in self-confidence. She loses her hammer and seemingly her ability to repair pots and pans. Rumors start to fly that she's lost her talent, and she begins to believe them herself.

She doesn't know what she is going to do, and things get worse when some things she does manage to repair go wrong, causing a variety of problems.

There's also some material on her past relationship
Nancy Montenegro
Apr 16, 2015 Nancy Montenegro rated it it was amazing
I love the Disney Fairies because it reminds me of my childhood and how I love these types of stories as a child. It makes me use my imagination even more! Love it, even if it is not in my age group anymore :)
Kaytee
Jan 07, 2016 Kaytee rated it it was amazing
tinker bell has lost her hammer and peter pan has another hammer waiting for her but it has been a long time since she met him and now she is scared he might forget her will he forget her or not
Temmie
Aug 27, 2014 Temmie rated it did not like it
Teemie gives it one star because in the audio book version there is no song at the end of the book and she was really disappointed in the abrupt ending as well.
Charlyward
Mar 05, 2015 Charlyward rated it really liked it
the trouble with think is that she lost her hammer and her author one was at peters pans house. so she did net wont to go there because she was scared.
Georgie
May 23, 2015 Georgie rated it really liked it
I read a few of these books to the little girls I babysat a few years ago. The stories are so cute, and the artwork is BEAUTIFUL.
Brianna Gill
Sep 16, 2016 Brianna Gill rated it it was amazing
Reread* I grew up reading this series and I'm in a reading slump so this was perfect and I loved it
Crystal Woehrle
Aug 15, 2015 Crystal Woehrle rated it it was amazing
It was a pretty good book. It was also cute and sort of adorable. I've always liked tink since I was young.
Bobbi Weiss
Oct 03, 2014 Bobbi Weiss added it
Shelves: childrens
A cute adventure. But I mostly read it as reference for writing Disney's MMO "Pixie Hollow."
(ha)Ley
Mar 16, 2014 (ha)Ley rated it liked it
Fun, cute read. Great read for little girls, especially fans of the Disney Fairies franchise.
Melissa
It was okay. The ending was a little bit simplistic, but the pictures were pretty.
Ella
May 21, 2014 Ella rated it really liked it
Shelves: easy-chapters
Nice story. I think this is perfect for a 1st grader who is in chapters.
Theresa
May 20, 2014 Theresa rated it really liked it
Another book where I wish there was a 10 star system instead of a 5. This is not a 4 star book, but I would never insult it by putting it in the same category as the books I put in the three star category. So here it sits.

I'm not sure what I was expecting from this story, but not this. Tink loses her hammer and never finds it again ever? But never fear her spare is at Peter Pan's who she doesn't speak to anymore because of Wendy? Excuse me that is not canon.

Anyway its a nice enough story for a y
  • Vidia and the Fairy Crown (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #2)
  • Fira and the Full Moon (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #6)
  • Lily's Pesky Plant (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #4)
  • Prilla and the Butterfly Lie (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #8)
  • Rani in the Mermaid Lagoon (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #5)
  • A Masterpiece for Bess (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #7)
  • Beck Beyond the Sea (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #10)
  • Fairy Haven and the Quest for the Wand (Disney Fairies #2)
  • Four Clues for Rani (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #21)
  • In the Realm of the Never Fairies: The Secret World of Pixie Hollow
  • Crystal The Snow Fairy (Rainbow Magic #8; Weather Fairies, #1)
KIKI THORPE has written or adapted over fifty books for children. A former children's book editor, she now writes full time from San Francisco.
More about Kiki Thorpe...

Tales of Pixie Hollow (1 - 10 of 24 books)
  • Vidia and the Fairy Crown (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #2)
  • Beck and the Great Berry Battle (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #3)
  • Lily's Pesky Plant (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #4)
  • Rani in the Mermaid Lagoon (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #5)
  • Fira and the Full Moon (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #6)
  • A Masterpiece for Bess (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #7)
  • Prilla and the Butterfly Lie (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #8)
  • Tink, North of Never Land (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #9)
  • Beck Beyond the Sea (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #10)
  • Dulcie's Taste of Magic (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #11)