Start by marking “The Cursed One (Wild Wulfs of London, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Cursed One (Wild Wulfs of London, #3)

The Cursed One (Wild Wulfs of London #3)

To free his soul, she must capture his heart.

New York Times bestselling author Ronda Thompson captivates readers in her darkly seductive Regency werewolf romance series, the Wild Wulfs of London...

Wed and widowedin one day, stunning socialite Amelia Sinclair's honeymoon is anything but typical. Then again, neither is Amelia— rebellious and impulsive, marrying Robert Collin
Mass Market Paperback, 305 pages
Published November 28th 2006 by St. Martin's Paperbacks (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about The Cursed One, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Cursed One

Soulless by Gail CarrigerOutlander by Diana GabaldonDragonfly in Amber by Diana GabaldonVoyager by Diana GabaldonChangeless by Gail Carriger
Historical Paranormal Romance
64th out of 340 books — 403 voters
Cry Wolf by Patricia BriggsMoon Called by Patricia BriggsSlave to Sensation by Nalini SinghDragon Bound by Thea HarrisonBitten by Kelley Armstrong
Werewolf and Shifter Romance
172nd out of 838 books — 1,192 voters

More lists with this book...

This is book #5 in the Wild Wulfs of London series. I've enjoyed all that I have read in this series, too.

I don't remember exactly when in 2006 I read this book. I wrote 4 1/2 stars on the inside page though! ;-) This one was spooky because Gabriel and Amelia (and the maid) are actually hunted through the woods by pack of werewolves (bad ones).

Well written and full of action, romance and paranormal stuff.

4 1/2 Stars from This Reader.

This book seemed the most "out there" of the bunch. Not only were the Wulf brothers cursed to turn into wolves as soon as they fell in love (which is ridiculous all by itself if you ask me), but suddenly there was another "race" of such shifters, Wargs. These creatures straight out of lore left the woods because they couldn't survive there anymore and decided, lo and behold, to join society under the guise of strangers that met their untimely death in order to facilitate the Wargs' quest for the ...more
Apr 29, 2009 Caitlyn rated it really liked it
I don't usually read books like this one, but once I started reading it, I found that I could not stop. I didn't want it to end. There was something about the book, that made me want to keep reading. This book is a good book when you need something a little scary, a little fluffy, and a little way old school (as in the 1800's).
Lady of the Lake
Apr 13, 2009 Lady of the Lake rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: PNR fans,
So happy I went ahead and purchased this book, the first two were available on my K2 and I really felt the need to read about GABRIEL the brother who hadn't found his mate yet. This one had many more surprises in from the get-go! I was well pleased with the entire book!
(Kelly)~Got Fiction?~ Oakes
Oct 02, 2009 (Kelly)~Got Fiction?~ Oakes rated it it was amazing
Shelves: historical-pnr
Amelia Sinclair is wed and widowed in the same day. Quite impulsive but now she has creatures stalking her and she has to rely on Gabriel Wulf. Neither of them are sure about the situation and are attracted but unsure if they're suited.

It's an interesting read and the characters are great fun.
Fangirl Musings
Sep 26, 2010 Fangirl Musings rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: It was a DNF, so no one really.
Recommended to Fangirl by: Impulse buy
Pages Survived: 28

Many might say that twenty eight is not an adequate number of pages within a book to determine whether or not the book rocks or sucks. I'm a firm believer otherwise.

More often than not, if a book turns up as a DNF for me so early in the story, it's always attributed to one issue. Said issue always falls to the characters.

Mostly, if I can't finish a book before reaching the sixty page bench mark (my automatic cut off point that I stop at if I'm still hating/disliking the story
Laurie Garrison
Jun 06, 2010 Laurie Garrison rated it it was amazing
The Cursed One is book three and is now my favorite in this series. I was truly saddened when I found out Ronda is now passed, I was hoping for more books. I loved the writing flow and the surprises that kept me turning the pages as fast as I could to see what was happing next in this one, to me it was totally different from the rest of the series. In book one you’ll read that Amelia is to be married to Lord Collingsworth in this book you’ll find out what happened to them after they are married. ...more
Apr 25, 2012 Cyndie rated it liked it
Très bon roman qui annonçait une suite qui aurait pu être spectaculaire. Mille pensées pour cette auteur qui nous a quitté en 2007. Paix à son âme.
Jul 03, 2010 Anne rated it liked it
This was pretty good. Very different from the others in the series, but I liked it. And it was a good wrap up to the series as a whole. 3.5 stars
Rebecca (everyday reader)
Apr 22, 2011 Rebecca (everyday reader) rated it it was amazing
Lord Gabriel is the sensible and strong one of his family and just happens to stop at Collingsworth Manor and forced to use his virtues. Lady Amelia has been wedded and widowed in the same day and then is in a race for her life. While on the run to Wulfglen, and trying to get away from the Wargs in the forest, (shape-shifting creatures bent on domination), Gabriel and Amelia fall in love. Great adventure and great read!!
Jen (Red Hot Books)
We first saw the connection between Gabriel Wolf and Lady Amelia, in The Dark One , the first in the Wild Wulfs of London series. Now, we've finally gotten the payoff. Lady Amelia has married Roger Collingsworth and is about to start her honeymoon at his country estate when she is attacked in the bedroom. At first she thinks it is her groom, but the voice is a growl and the hands violent, so she fights back. It just so happens, Gabriel stops by on his way to Wulfglen. Despite injuries he is nur ...more
May 19, 2011 berlioz3 rated it really liked it
A bit darker than the first two, still liked it a lot. The storyline has a few pretty obvious holes, but Gabriel and Amelia were hard to put down. I was disappointed that there wasn't more interaction between the brothers, that's best done in book 1. There is a short that should be read between books 2 and 3, it's in "Love at First Bite"
Dec 01, 2011 Draven rated it really liked it
Whatever Thompson failed to do for her readers in the previous two installments, she achieved here. Guess the third time really is the charm! Gabriel and Amelia were fantastic! Amelia had great spunk and Gabriel never lost his edge, even while falling for the girl head over heels. Plus, the scene on the cabin floor...OH MY GOD, HOT!!!
Dec 05, 2011 Jilly rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
I had to read this book because it was Gabriel's tale. I've been intrigued by Gabriel ever since he showed up in the first book. His only major downfall is that he's a blond. Sorry but I always see my strapping and romance men as dark haired except Jamie (Outlander).

Also I discovered, at the end of this book, that I managed to miss a short story about the Wulf boys. Because apparently Armond, Gabriel, Jackson and Sterling (Midnight Pleasures) have a half brother named Merrick. Didn't know that.
May 01, 2012 Mary rated it it was amazing
Amelia - "You are not my husband, my father, or any relation to me. Not that I ever planned to obey anyone who was or is anyway, but that is beside the point."
Jul 03, 2012 Gaynell rated it it was amazing
Shelves: thompson-ronda
This was my favorite book of the three (probably because it had more paranormal elements). I really liked Amelia, and Gabriel was a great opposite for her!
Jun 25, 2012 TheAgileReader rated it did not like it
This was almost a DNF. Amelia was one annoying heroine. It is one thing to be headstrong, it is another to be so completely stupid that you can't listen to simple instructions that might save your life.

The one star is for Amelia alone. If there had been a sane heroine in her place it would have been 3 stars.
Sarri Morin
Dec 27, 2012 Sarri Morin rated it it was amazing
Okay Ronda, any more Wulfs hiding somewhere?? This was a FANTASTIC read! I love spontaneous people and Amelia, well she is a spitfire! She had one hell of a wedding night that is for sure, but man she got off easy and now has Gabriel, awesome! This is a great read, and had me on my toes and I couldn't put down the book. Definatly have to read this series in order. This is a great series, too bad there are only three..Are there any cousins? LOL
Naughtie Scribe
Dec 26, 2012 Naughtie Scribe rated it really liked it
This is a book for the historical romance lover, that likes her alpha males fanged and furry. A definite must read.
Jan 30, 2013 Lizzie rated it it was ok
didnt like it. maybe because i mistakenly read this out of order, and was confused as hell. It was like this story was thrown together, and still missed a great deal of information. Or maybe i didnt like it because i am pro wolf, and the hero got rid of his wolf. Even though there was proof positive that the beast was controlled and necessary. it was almost a waste of a saturday morning.
Oct 29, 2013 Robin rated it liked it
Shelves: paranormal-rom
I primarily read this final novel of Thompson's Wild Wulf series for the payoff of having the five Wulf brothers united in the end. Both Amelia and Gabriel appeared in previous novels, and I didn't particularly like them, so I wasn't excited to spend a whole novel with them. They grew a little more likable, but not characters I wanted to spend a great deal of time with so I pretty much skimmed. The Warg storyline was strange, but it seemed to be setting us up for the series to either continue or ...more
Apr 21, 2014 Jody rated it it was amazing
Shelves: library, supernatural
Ok so are the Wulf's not the only ones who go furry!?! Perfect end to the series. Wargs????? Anyway you get to see Gabriel finally meet Amelia and have their adventure. Get to catch up with everyone!
Aug 01, 2014 Angie rated it it was amazing
Great book...It's about a historical, very rich family that all the men were cursed and it took a very strong, loving woman to show one of the men how to love and break the curse. Very reach out and grab you kind of book...Mystical...Magic....Curse...Enjoy...I did!! :)
Dec 07, 2014 Theresa rated it liked it
This is the story about how Gabriel's overcomes his curse. Though it was an interesting story, I liked the previous books better. I'll tell you why later.

The story jumps right into the action which is a bit disconcerting, but it grabs you and the action is nonstop from there. There's a lot of conversation going on during times when they should be either scared witless, out of breath or trying be quiet so they won't be found.

But here it is. Even though this a wonderfully story by itself, havi
Oct 25, 2014 Jill rated it really liked it
The Wild Wulfs of London series continues to captivate me. It's difficult to put one of these books down, including the short stories.
This one is the story of Jackson Wulf and Lucinda. They both have enough baggage to fill the back of a pickup truck, but the way Thompson has them dealing with it is well "human". It's the humans in this story that are the monsters.
Lucinda is the type of main character a girl can really get behind. She hasn't had an easy life, but she rolls with the punches and
Apr 27, 2015 Margaret rated it really liked it
From Booklist

Brides dream of their wedding night, but for Amelia, Lady Collingsworth, the dream turns into a living nightmare. She's attacked by something inhuman and then learns her husband is dead. Fate intervenes in the form of the lone remaining servant, Mora, and her distant neighbor, Gabriel Wulf. Gabriel doesn't bring good news. He's been attacked on the road, and creatures lurk in the shadows, clearly targeting the Collingsworth estate and its inhabitants. And the creature within Gabri

The Cursed One
4 Stars

Amelia Sinclair has always been something of a rebel in polite society so when she makes a sensible marriage to Robert Collingsworth, her family expel a sigh of relief. Unfortunately, trouble follows in Amelia’s wake and she is attacked on her wedding night by a creature with claws and teeth. Rescued by Gabriel Wulf, a man whom she once glimpsed and who has since haunted her dreams, Amelia learns that she is now a widow and the target of a pack of vicious predators who will
Jun 22, 2016 Karyn rated it did not like it
Worst book of the series. I hated the female lead. She was annoying and selfish and for some reason her self-centeredness kept being confused with courage and bravery.
The plot was really random and bizarre - it would only make sense if the author wants to start a spin off series and used this book to lay the foundation (very shaky foundation that).

All in all, i want my money back.
  • Double Enchantment (Relics of Merlin, #2)
  • Master of Darkness (Primes, #4)
  • The Taming of the Wolf (Westfield Wolves, #4)
  • Love Without Blood (Eternal Eros Trilogy #1)
  • Witching Moon (Moon #3)
  • Awaiting the Moon
  • Last Wolf Watching (Bloodrunner, #3)
  • Night of the Huntress (Brotherhood of Blood, #2)
  • Hidden Moon (Nightcreature, #7)
  • Kissing Midnight (Midnight, #4)
  • My Sister is a Werewolf (Young Brothers, #4)
  • Secrets of the Highwayman (Immortal Warriors, #2)
  • Red Kiss (Gods of Midnight, #2)
Ronda Thompson lived in the great state of Texas. Ronda had been an avid fan of romance for years and was published in several different genres. Paranormal romance is one of her favorite genres to write because anything can happen and usually does!
More about Ronda Thompson...

Wild Wulfs of London (4 books)
  • The Dark One (Wild Wulfs of London, #1)
  • The Untamed One (Wild Wulfs of London, #2)
  • The Forgotten One