The Cursed One (Wild Wulfs of London, #3)

The Cursed One (Wild Wulfs of London #3)

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  722 ratings  ·  32 reviews
To free his soul, she must capture his heart.

New York Times bestselling author Ronda Thompson captivates readers in her darkly seductive Regency werewolf romance series, the Wild Wulfs of London...

Wed and widowedin one day, stunning socialite Amelia Sinclair's honeymoon is anything but typical. Then again, neither is Amelia— rebellious and impulsive, marrying Robert Collin...more
Mass Market Paperback, 305 pages
Published November 28th 2006 by St. Martin's Paperbacks (first published 2006)

Soulless by Gail CarrigerOutlander by Diana GabaldonDragonfly in Amber by Diana GabaldonVoyager by Diana GabaldonChangeless by Gail Carriger
Historical Paranormal Romance
63rd out of 326 books — 327 voters
Cry Wolf by Patricia BriggsMoon Called by Patricia BriggsSlave to Sensation by Nalini SinghBitten by Kelley ArmstrongDragon Bound by Thea Harrison
Werewolf and Shifter Romance
110th out of 550 books — 721 voters

More lists with this book...

Laurie (Bitten by Romance)
The Cursed One is book three and is now my favorite in this series. I was truly saddened when I found out Ronda is now passed, I was hoping for more books. I loved the writing flow and the surprises that kept me turning the pages as fast as I could to see what was happing next in this one, to me it was totally different from the rest of the series. In book one you’ll read that Amelia is to be married to Lord Collingsworth in this book you’ll find out what happened to them after they are married....more
Jacqueline
Sep 26, 2010 Jacqueline rated it 1 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: It was a DNF, so no one really.
Recommended to Jacqueline by: Impulse buy
Pages Survived: 28

Many might say that twenty eight is not an adequate number of pages within a book to determine whether or not the book rocks or sucks. I'm a firm believer otherwise.

More often than not, if a book turns up as a DNF for me so early in the story, it's always attributed to one issue. Said issue always falls to the characters.

Mostly, if I can't finish a book before reaching the sixty page bench mark (my automatic cut off point that I stop at if I'm still hating/disliking the story...more
Mojca
This book seemed the most "out there" of the bunch. Not only were the Wulf brothers cursed to turn into wolves as soon as they fell in love (which is ridiculous all by itself if you ask me), but suddenly there was another "race" of such shifters, Wargs. These creatures straight out of lore left the woods because they couldn't survive there anymore and decided, lo and behold, to join society under the guise of strangers that met their untimely death in order to facilitate the Wargs' quest for the...more
(Kelly)~Got Fiction?~ Oakes
Julie
Jen (Red Hot Books)
We first saw the connection between Gabriel Wolf and Lady Amelia, in The Dark One , the first in the Wild Wulfs of London series. Now, we've finally gotten the payoff. Lady Amelia has married Roger Collingsworth and is about to start her honeymoon at his country estate when she is attacked in the bedroom. At first she thinks it is her groom, but the voice is a growl and the hands violent, so she fights back. It just so happens, Gabriel stops by on his way to Wulfglen. Despite injuries he is nurs...more
Jilly
I had to read this book because it was Gabriel's tale. I've been intrigued by Gabriel ever since he showed up in the first book. His only major downfall is that he's a blond. Sorry but I always see my strapping and romance men as dark haired except Jamie (Outlander).

Also I discovered, at the end of this book, that I managed to miss a short story about the Wulf boys. Because apparently Armond, Gabriel, Jackson and Sterling (Midnight Pleasures) have a half brother named Merrick. Didn't know that....more
Robin
I primarily read this final novel of Thompson's Wild Wulf series for the payoff of having the five Wulf brothers united in the end. Both Amelia and Gabriel appeared in previous novels, and I didn't particularly like them, so I wasn't excited to spend a whole novel with them. They grew a little more likable, but not characters I wanted to spend a great deal of time with so I pretty much skimmed. The Warg storyline was strange, but it seemed to be setting us up for the series to either continue or...more
Jody
Ok so are the Wulf's not the only ones who go furry!?! Perfect end to the series. Wargs????? Anyway you get to see Gabriel finally meet Amelia and have their adventure. Get to catch up with everyone!
Kathrynn
This is book #5 in the Wild Wulfs of London series. I've enjoyed all that I have read in this series, too.

I don't remember exactly when in 2006 I read this book. I wrote 4 1/2 stars on the inside page though! ;-) This one was spooky because Gabriel and Amelia (and the maid) are actually hunted through the woods by pack of werewolves (bad ones).

Well written and full of action, romance and paranormal stuff.

4 1/2 Stars from This Reader.

Sarri Morin
Okay Ronda, any more Wulfs hiding somewhere?? This was a FANTASTIC read! I love spontaneous people and Amelia, well she is a spitfire! She had one hell of a wedding night that is for sure, but man she got off easy and now has Gabriel, awesome! This is a great read, and had me on my toes and I couldn't put down the book. Definatly have to read this series in order. This is a great series, too bad there are only three..Are there any cousins? LOL
Rebecca (everyday reader)
Lord Gabriel is the sensible and strong one of his family and just happens to stop at Collingsworth Manor and forced to use his virtues. Lady Amelia has been wedded and widowed in the same day and then is in a race for her life. While on the run to Wulfglen, and trying to get away from the Wargs in the forest, (shape-shifting creatures bent on domination), Gabriel and Amelia fall in love. Great adventure and great read!!
Lizzie
didnt like it. maybe because i mistakenly read this out of order, and was confused as hell. It was like this story was thrown together, and still missed a great deal of information. Or maybe i didnt like it because i am pro wolf, and the hero got rid of his wolf. Even though there was proof positive that the beast was controlled and necessary. it was almost a waste of a saturday morning.
Beth
A bit darker than the first two, still liked it a lot. The storyline has a few pretty obvious holes, but Gabriel and Amelia were hard to put down. I was disappointed that there wasn't more interaction between the brothers, that's best done in book 1. There is a short that should be read between books 2 and 3, it's in "Love at First Bite"
Draven
Whatever Thompson failed to do for her readers in the previous two installments, she achieved here. Guess the third time really is the charm! Gabriel and Amelia were fantastic! Amelia had great spunk and Gabriel never lost his edge, even while falling for the girl head over heels. Plus, the scene on the cabin floor...OH MY GOD, HOT!!!
Caitie
I don't usually read books like this one, but once I started reading it, I found that I could not stop. I didn't want it to end. There was something about the book, that made me want to keep reading. This book is a good book when you need something a little scary, a little fluffy, and a little way old school (as in the 1800's).
Lena2011
This was almost a DNF. Amelia was one annoying heroine. It is one thing to be headstrong, it is another to be so completely stupid that you can't listen to simple instructions that might save your life.

The one star is for Amelia alone. If there had been a sane heroine in her place it would have been 3 stars.
Deirdre
Amelia Sinclair is wed and widowed in the same day. Quite impulsive but now she has creatures stalking her and she has to rely on Gabriel Wulf. Neither of them are sure about the situation and are attracted but unsure if they're suited.

It's an interesting read and the characters are great fun.
Lady of the Lake
So happy I went ahead and purchased this book, the first two were available on my K2 and I really felt the need to read about GABRIEL the brother who hadn't found his mate yet. This one had many more surprises in from the get-go! I was well pleased with the entire book!
Mary
Amelia - "You are not my husband, my father, or any relation to me. Not that I ever planned to obey anyone who was or is anyway, but that is beside the point."
Gaynell
This was my favorite book of the three (probably because it had more paranormal elements). I really liked Amelia, and Gabriel was a great opposite for her!
Anne
This was pretty good. Very different from the others in the series, but I liked it. And it was a good wrap up to the series as a whole. 3.5 stars
Cyndie
Très bon roman qui annonçait une suite qui aurait pu être spectaculaire. Mille pensées pour cette auteur qui nous a quitté en 2007. Paix à son âme.
TAMMY mchale
One of three of books about the Wulf brothers. Werewolves and love story mixed. This was really good. Did spook me at first.
Naughtie Scribe
This is a book for the historical romance lover, that likes her alpha males fanged and furry. A definite must read.
Marit An
nicht überragend geschrieben, aber ganz ok zum zwischendurch lesen (entspannung)
Elise Dunlop
Light reading. Enjoyed the easy storyline. Bit of suspense here & there. OK
Lena
Very captivating book...it was very hard to put down!
Julia
Fav book of the series, though it's hard to choose!
  • Touch A Dark Wolf (Shadowmen #1)
  • Double Enchantment (Relics of Merlin, #2)
  • Witching Moon (Moon, #3)
  • Master of Darkness (Primes, #4)
  • Last Wolf Watching (Bloodrunner, #3)
  • Candid Camera (Were Watching, #1)
  • Dark Moon (Nightcreature, #3)
  • Moon's Web (A Tale of the Sazi, #2)
  • My Sister is a Werewolf (Young Brothers, #4)
  • The Veil of Night (Night, #1)
  • Midnight Embrace
Ronda Thompson lived in the great state of Texas. Ronda had been an avid fan of romance for years and was published in several different genres. Paranormal romance is one of her favorite genres to write because anything can happen and usually does!
More about Ronda Thompson...
The Dark One (Wild Wulfs of London, #1) The Untamed One (Wild Wulfs of London, #2) Confessions of a Werewolf Supermodel Call of the Moon Walk Into the Flame