Start by marking “Finding Lost: The Unofficial Guide” as Want to Read:
Finding Lost: The Unofficial Guide

Finding Lost: The Unofficial Guide

4.02 of 5 stars 4.02  ·  rating details  ·  130 ratings  ·  11 reviews
The perplexing plotlines and bewildering array of characters on the Emmy and Golden Globe award-winning television program "Lost" are analyzed and pieced together in this in-depth exploration.
Published September 1st 2006 by ECW Press

To ask other readers questions about Finding Lost, please sign up.

Dagny
Loaded with extra goodies such as biographical information on cast and crew, translations of non-English spoken by characters, transcripts of the whispers, information on references to books, historical events and more. Stafford calls our attention to little things we might have missed. Great fun to read.
Marina Dawson
Several of my good friends had been at me for some time to watch LOST - somehow I had missed the show when it was originally broadcast. Since I trust these friends implicitly when it comes to movie and TV recommendations (we share a common interest in myth and pop culture), I knew I had to give LOST a try eventually. I nagged at my husband enough that he bought me season 1 last year for my birthday - and although he kept harping that we already had too much TV to watch, we popped it in the DVD p ...more
Lyle Penner
Loved reading Nikki's reviews of each episode while watching the now iconic series about a bunch of complicated, deceiving individuals who get stranded on a South Pacific island after a plane crash. The connections she makes, including cross-references to other characters and to their respective flashbacks, is helpful in following along the various subplots. My only caveat is that she has a tendency to overemphasize the numerological dimension of Hurley's 'cursed' numbers. Now on to Season 3!
Phyllis
A wonderful aid in thinking about the series. I enjoy the articles about books the characters have read and the insightful character speculation. Stafford always presents interesting ideas to ponder and discuss.
I read the book once but return to it often for specific episodes or articles.
On the negative side, I would have appreciated more plot synopsis. Also, I thought the number business was basically trite.
Marissa Morrison
This book has a lot of info on seasons one and two. However, it should be read while watching the shows because the synopses aren't detailed. I haven't watched those episodes for a couple of years, so some of the material here was hard for me to recall.
Matt Blackburn
Pointed me to a few "Easter Eggs" located in the show, and I found it to be a nice companion on my third viewing of the first two seasons of the perhaps the most thought provoking TV show ever created.
Gillian Whitfield
This book is excellent to have around if you are watching seasons one and two of Lost. Nikki Stafford is an excellent author. Like the season 3 book, I have read this book countless times.
Child960801
I've never read an episode guide before. I enjoyed it. I wasn't watching the series at the same time so I had to try and refresh my memory as I went. Some people are obsessed.
Wow! Did the writers of the show really think of all these things?
Elizabeth
Yay more ways to spend my hours of the day with LOST
Conny
Book 1,2 & 3 done.
Now book 4,5 & 6 ...
Lindsey
Lindsey marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2015
Sarah Walker
Sarah Walker marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2015
Melanie
Melanie marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2015
Don
Don marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2015
Crystal
Crystal marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2015
Pamela
Pamela marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2015
Eric
Eric marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2015
Kayla Boesche
Kayla Boesche marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2015
Tara
Tara marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2015
Damir
Damir marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2015
Emma Laskin
Emma Laskin marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • The Lost Chronicles: The Official Companion Book with Bonus DVD Behind the Scenes of LOST
  • Lost Encyclopedia
  • Secret Identity (Lost, #2)
  • Signs of Life (Lost, #3)
  • Deadwood: Stories of the Black Hills
  • Lost and Philosophy: The Island Has Its Reasons
  • Slayer Slang: A Buffy the Vampire Slayer Lexicon
  • The Herbal Drugstore
  • Foreign Exchange (Glee, #2)
  • Steampunk: An Illustrated History of Fantastical Fiction, Fanciful Film and Other Victorian Visions
  • MythBusters: The Explosive Truth Behind 30 of the Most Perplexing Urban Legends of All Time
  • The Plot Thickens... Harry Potter Investigated by Fans for Fans
  • The Haight-Ashbury: A History
  • Ten Bad Dates with De Niro: A Book of Alternative Movie Lists
  • The Salon.com Reader's Guide to Contemporary Authors
  • The Wet Engine: Exploring Mad Wild Miracle of Heart
  • Rock Bottom: Dark Moments in Music Babylon
  • Norse Magic
Bite Me!: An Unofficial Guide to the World of Buffy the Vampire Slayer Finding Lost: Season Four: The Unofficial Guide Finding Lost: Season 5 Finding Lost, Season 6 Finding Lost - Season Three: The Unofficial Guide