Start by marking “What Became of Her” as Want to Read:
What Became of Her

What Became of Her

3.17  ·  Rating Details  ·  87 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
What became of Rosa Fitch?In Serenity, Pennsylvania, everyone wondered what would become of Rose Fitch, and then they forgot about her, the way you put bad news out of your head. But Rose never let herself forget about them...and now she's back. She's rich. She's bought a house she calls Peligro. With her is her niece, Julie, and a companion, Peale, who's almost human. He' ...more
Published February 5th 2002 by HarperTeen (first published April 1st 2000)

To ask other readers questions about What Became of Her, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What Became of Her

Taylor
Mar 22, 2015 Taylor rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Beth
Jan 03, 2010 Beth rated it really liked it
In Kerr's 12th novel, narrator Edgar befriends Julie, the desperate-to-be-liked adopted niece of the town's eccentric Queen of Greed. Mrs. Slaymaster is a landowner who carries around a leather doll dressed in designer duds (the doll, Peale, is said to be a good luck charm). Edgar and Julie pal around with socially eccentric buddy Neil, forming tight threesome. When Edgar finds an old diary or Mrs. Slaymaster, he discovers the secrets of her unhappy childhood, and discovers how past shapes the p ...more
Tracy
Oct 14, 2015 Tracy rated it it was ok
Haunting, strange, no real resolution. The man with the scythe will come for us all.
Max
Oct 22, 2007 Max rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: people who like other's lives.
Shelves: advisory
This book was OK. Rose Fitch's life was sad. She was in a way abandoned by the guy she loved, and to have her revenge, she became rich. When she was rich, she became mean. Her and her niece Julie went back to Texas. There, she bought a humongous house and at the same time, only befriended a few people.
This book basically told about Rose Fitch. She became Rosalind Slaymaster. She became an overprotective aunt, and then died a sad woman. Her niece became a happy wife and then E.C. Tobbit and Neal
Cui
Jan 18, 2009 Cui rated it liked it
Shelves: quarter-2
I didn't really like this book so much, but I can say this book is pretty sad that people tend to ignore others when they aren't really 'rich'. Rose Fitch was forgotten but eventually she became much better but is still isn't perfect with the new people that she is living with as they are giving her some difficulties. I don't know what I would like about this book because it feels like the Characters were all adults and really hard to relate to.
Kylie D
Mar 27, 2011 Kylie D rated it really liked it
This book was a very interesting book, but the best thing I like about it is at the end you see the changes of people and what effects you can really have on a person. Every chapter seemed to be very interesting and the characters were very weird. It seemed like sometimes like there were some parts I couldn’t understand and didn’t really get what they were talking about. This book showed how sometimes you don’t truly know a person.
John
May 30, 2008 John rated it liked it
An interesting read once the reader gets a little bit into the story. The reader is unavoidably drawn into the book, wanting to know more about the past as well as the revenge Mrs. Slaymaster is planning. The book takes an interesting view point because the main antagonist could very well have been a protagonist in another story, as well as being a victim. We sympathize with the antagonist, she is not an evil woman.
Ewelina
Jun 09, 2008 Ewelina rated it really liked it
Edgar Tobbit and Neal Kraft met at therapy and have a plan to take revenge on Mrs. Slaymaster. He really likes Julie and when Mrs. S decides to move, he decided to steal Peale in order to stop Julie from moving away. A search begins! Great book!!!
rebekah
Feb 14, 2009 rebekah rated it really liked it
I have always had a deep and abiding love of M.E. Kerr. Her best book(for me) was her memoirs Me Me Me Me Me. She is such a bomb YA author, even though I doubt any teens know who Carson McCullers is...I still adore her style.
Sharlyn Paulino
Jan 21, 2009 Sharlyn Paulino rated it really liked it
Shelves: q2
i really liked this book a lot because it had a lot of mystery to it an i liked how it didnt tell what was going to happen right away and it left me wanting to read more and more after each page.
Talia Castro
Sep 24, 2013 Talia Castro rated it liked it
oh my God! :/ well what can i say of this book? E.C. and julie would have been a great couple! :(
Jennie
Oct 02, 2010 Jennie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Eh. I thought it would be better than it was.
Nov 04, 2008 Sarah rated it really liked it
Surprisingly quiet and fantastic.
Vashta
Vashta rated it liked it
Jun 15, 2016
Hope
Hope marked it as to-read
May 15, 2016
Shayla Murry
Shayla Murry marked it as to-read
May 13, 2016
Maggie Nelson
Maggie Nelson rated it liked it
May 10, 2016
Karen
Karen added it
Mar 26, 2016
Kui Mary
Kui Mary marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2016
Emily
Emily added it
Mar 04, 2016
Meredith
Meredith marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2016
Libraryjoy
Libraryjoy rated it liked it
Jan 18, 2016
Cheryl Cufari
Cheryl Cufari marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2016
Ruth Wellman
Ruth Wellman rated it liked it
Dec 21, 2015
Ellen
Ellen rated it really liked it
Dec 20, 2015
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2015
Sharni
Sharni added it
Sep 11, 2015
Kc Wood
Kc Wood marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
M. E. Kerr was born Marijane Meaker in Auburn, New York. Her interest in writing began with her father, who loved to read, and her mother, who loved to tell stories of neighborhood gossip. Unable to find an agent to represent her work, Meaker became her own agent, and wrote articles and books under a series of pseudonyms: Vin Packer, Ann Aldrich, Laura Winston, M. E. Kerr, and Mary James. As M. E. ...more
More about M.E. Kerr...