Start by marking “A Field Full of Horses: Read and Wonder” as Want to Read:
A Field Full of Horses: Read and Wonder

A Field Full of Horses: Read and Wonder (Read and Wonder)

4.11 of 5 stars 4.11  ·  rating details  ·  28 ratings  ·  8 reviews
"No horsefeathers, this is a surefire bet for young equestrians." —Booklist

Do you love horses? Do you love the way their noses are silky-soft but bristly too? And the way a horse's tail slowly swishes as he rests in the shade with eyes half-shut? Do you love to see them trot, canter, gallop, buck and rear? Every child who has ever clambered up the back of a pony or dreamed
Published June 5th 1995 by Candlewick Press (first published January 1st 1995)

To ask other readers questions about A Field Full of Horses, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Field Full of Horses

Martha
Okay, I admit it, I bought this book for me. I had a horse from 1age 2-17, and this IS a perfect book for young equestrians. The illustrations are wonderful and the text just gave me that feeling I get whenever I think back on my riding days.
The last four pages with horse color and horse breeds is really handy, even for the armchair equestrian!
Jamie
This quaint story is told by an unknown child who tells their favorite things to watch horses do. The narrator describes watching horses eat, groom, raise their babies and interact with other horses.
The pictures are realistic drawings and they accent the text very well. Many of the pages have captions under the illustrations adding extra information about what is mentioned on that page. That is a very good way to provide more information without disrupting the flow of the story.
Kindergarten a
Hanna Mammo
Apr 08, 2014 Hanna Mammo rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents/teacher/children (birth-4)
This book is about horses in a field. The author describes the different colors and features of horses while giving brief descriptions of some of the horses activities. I would use this in my classroom as an example of text with very descriptive text and imagery.
Sneha
Lovely book to introduce children to the world of horses. The illustrations by Kenneth Lily are brilliant.
Zoey
A girl is sitting there watching wild horses. She asks you questions about the horses. She liked the grey onr but thought. they were all beautiful. I think so too.
Mandy J. Hoffman
I have a 6 year old daughter who has a facination with horses, even though she's never been around them. This book was great! Easy read, but filled with little bits of information about horses through it.
Brandi
This is not my favorite, but it I did like the pages dedicated to identifying the different breeds of horses. The kids enjoyed it.
Beverly
beautiful horses!!
Jessica Mattera
Jessica Mattera marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2015
Odessa
Odessa marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2015
Total Recall
Total Recall marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2015
Lauren
Lauren marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2015
Pat Elvidge
Pat Elvidge marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2015
Brie
Brie added it
May 14, 2015
Erica
Erica added it
May 12, 2015
Sachi
Sachi marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2015
Zachary Harless
Zachary Harless marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2015
Beckett
Beckett marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2015
Gabrielle Blockton
Gabrielle Blockton marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2015
I Love
I Love marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2015
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »

Read and Wonder (1 - 10 of 29 books)
  • All Pigs Are Beautiful: Read and Wonder
  • Bat Loves the Night: Read and Wonder
  • Big Blue Whale: Read and Wonder
  • Chameleons Are Cool: Read and Wonder
  • Dolphin Baby!
  • Gentle Giant Octopus: Read and Wonder
  • Growing Frogs
  • I Love Guinea Pigs (Read and Wonder Books)
  • Jody's Beans
  • Just Ducks!
What Bird Did That?: A Driver's Guide to Some Common Birds of North America Wag, Wag, Wag (A Read and Wonder Book) I Like Monkeys Because . . . (Read and Wonder Books) What Bird Did That?: The Comprehensive Field Guide to the Ornithological Dejecta of Great Britain and Europe Jig, Fig, and Mrs. Pig