Start by marking “A Field Full of Horses: Read and Wonder” as Want to Read:
A Field Full of Horses: Read and Wonder

A Field Full of Horses: Read and Wonder (Read and Wonder)

3.98  ·  Rating Details  ·  44 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
"No horsefeathers, this is a surefire bet for young equestrians." —Booklist

Do you love horses? Do you love the way their noses are silky-soft but bristly too? And the way a horse's tail slowly swishes as he rests in the shade with eyes half-shut? Do you love to see them trot, canter, gallop, buck and rear? Every child who has ever clambered up the back of a pony or dreamed
Published June 5th 1995 by Candlewick Press (first published March 7th 1994)

To ask other readers questions about A Field Full of Horses, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Field Full of Horses

Charity Stewart
What did you think of the book? I thought the book was okay. The book is full of interesting facts about horses. I do think this would be a great book for some students. Especially those interested in horses. I do not think this is a book to read to the class for fun.-possible for a unit on animals-learning in more detail about horses. It would also be a great book to have those students look at that have a great admiration for horses.
What resonated with you? The illustrations are fantastic and
Martha
Aug 23, 2015 Martha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Okay, I admit it, I bought this book for me. I had a horse from 1age 2-17, and this IS a perfect book for young equestrians. The illustrations are wonderful and the text just gave me that feeling I get whenever I think back on my riding days.
The last four pages with horse color and horse breeds is really handy, even for the armchair equestrian!
Jamie
Dec 28, 2010 Jamie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This quaint story is told by an unknown child who tells their favorite things to watch horses do. The narrator describes watching horses eat, groom, raise their babies and interact with other horses.
The pictures are realistic drawings and they accent the text very well. Many of the pages have captions under the illustrations adding extra information about what is mentioned on that page. That is a very good way to provide more information without disrupting the flow of the story.
Kindergarten a
Hanna Mammo
Apr 08, 2014 Hanna Mammo rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents/teacher/children (birth-4)
This book is about horses in a field. The author describes the different colors and features of horses while giving brief descriptions of some of the horses activities. I would use this in my classroom as an example of text with very descriptive text and imagery.
Jackie
Besides wonderful pictures on each page, and short text for young readers, there is additional information in smaller print as well. I loved the illustrations and the information.
Sneha
Aug 11, 2014 Sneha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens
Lovely book to introduce children to the world of horses. The illustrations by Kenneth Lily are brilliant.
Zoey
Jan 30, 2014 Zoey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A girl is sitting there watching wild horses. She asks you questions about the horses. She liked the grey onr but thought. they were all beautiful. I think so too.
PWRL
Jul 20, 2016 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016-new
SM
Mandy J. Hoffman
Jun 05, 2009 Mandy J. Hoffman rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids-books
I have a 6 year old daughter who has a facination with horses, even though she's never been around them. This book was great! Easy read, but filled with little bits of information about horses through it.
Brandi
Feb 16, 2013 Brandi rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children
This is not my favorite, but it I did like the pages dedicated to identifying the different breeds of horses. The kids enjoyed it.
Beverly
May 28, 2012 Beverly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: j-nonfiction
beautiful horses!!
Andrea
Andrea rated it really liked it
Jul 20, 2016
Jann Johnson
Jann Johnson rated it liked it
Jul 04, 2016
Alexa
Alexa rated it it was ok
Jun 18, 2016
Rebecca
Rebecca rated it liked it
Jun 18, 2016
Ella
Ella rated it really liked it
Jun 11, 2016
Janet
Janet marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2016
Darla Deibler
Darla Deibler marked it as to-read
May 28, 2016
Jhfhf
Jhfhf marked it as to-read
May 13, 2016
Anika Keshavan
Anika Keshavan marked it as to-read
May 09, 2016
Maki
Maki marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2016
Kim
Kim rated it really liked it
Apr 19, 2016
Sunset Zoo
Sunset Zoo marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2016
Tnb
Tnb marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2016
Gary Nealy, Jr.
Gary Nealy, Jr. rated it really liked it
Apr 09, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »

Read and Wonder (1 - 10 of 29 books)
  • All Pigs Are Beautiful: Read and Wonder
  • Bat Loves the Night: Read and Wonder
  • Big Blue Whale: Read and Wonder
  • Chameleons Are Cool: Read and Wonder
  • Dolphin Baby!
  • Gentle Giant Octopus: Read and Wonder
  • Growing Frogs
  • I Love Guinea Pigs (Read and Wonder Books)
  • Jody's Beans