Start by marking “Pendencia Creek: The Life and Times of a Texas Gunfighter” as Want to Read:
Pendencia Creek: The Life and Times of a Texas Gunfighter

Pendencia Creek: The Life and Times of a Texas Gunfighter

5.0 of 5 stars 5.00  ·  rating details  ·  4 ratings  ·  2 reviews
From his ranch on the banks of Pendencia Creek, gunfighter John King Fisher controls the Nueces Strip of southwest Texas in the 1870s. His ranch is a haven for some of the state's most notorious killers and thieves. Fisher commands the loyalty of his men with style, courage, youth ... and deadliness. Even Captain Leander McNelly of the Texas Rangers fails to rein in King a ...more
Published November 13th 2004 by America Star Books (first published September 13th 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Pendencia Creek, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pendencia Creek

Kay V
Well, first I should say this is my uncle's book.
Second I should share that the main character, John King Fisher, is a cousin from my father's side.
It needs to be noted that while many of the facts/events in this book are real and in the history books, where there were blanks spaces or no family stories to fill in the time frame, my uncle researched what would have happened at that time and used his creative license to fill in the gaps.

Ok, now to the review... I am not a big fan of westerns, eit
Brenda
It is ashame that this book isn't on more shelves. It is a great biographical story of an outlaw with a soft heart. It has as much action as a good gunfighter movie.
David Damron
David Damron marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2015
Cherie
Cherie marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2010