Start by marking “Bounce” as Want to Read:
Bounce

Bounce

3.55 of 5 stars 3.55  ·  rating details  ·  282 ratings  ·  36 reviews
Bounce a ball right off your hands. Bounce it off your toes. Try to bounce a beach ball on the tip of your nose! Invite your toddler to hop, leap, pounce, and bounce to their heart's content. Because, after all, it's better to have bounced and bumped than never to have bounced at all!
Published April 30th 2008 by Not Avail (first published April 24th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Bounce, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bounce

Ellenjsmellen
lame compared to her groundbreaking "duck" series.
Heidi
I love this dog. I think he is absolutely adorable. And I enjoy the rhyming and the various kinds of bounces. This is wright up with Wiggle, as far as going over and over with the action. Some kids like it, and some get bored. This could be a fun lap-read (if your lap is not up for bouncing, put the child next to you), but I think some storytime groups (particularly preschool) would enjoy it, too. After all, most of mine liked "Wiggle." A couple of humorous parts (Gene Kelly and Tennyson referen...more
Erin Pilotte
A review of: Bounce

Publishing Details: Bounce
Author: Doreen Cronin
Year: 2007
Publishing: Simon & Shuster

Introduction: In her book Bounce, Doreen Cronin talks all about the importance of movement and trying. The story doesn’t have a true plot, but it does however have fantastic illustrations, which are accompanied by simple, engaging text that has a great rhyming rhythm to it.

Description: The well-known dog from Wiggle is back in this book and he is ready to bounce! Literally. In Bounce, we f...more
Stephanie Croaning
“It is better to have bounced and bumped, than never to have bounced at all. ”

The simple rhyming text is combined with basic illustrations and photographic images, making this a perfect candidate for a read-aloud for younger children.
Diane
"But it's better to have bounced and bumped ... than never to have bounced at all."

Bambi Pea
Used for a Letter "B" storytime today. The Kids loved finding all the letter "B" words.
Cindy Kleback
Rhyming text with sounds to engage the kids; would be great for story time.
Lakeside Branch
Action packed! You'll bounce your way through this book.
Library Quine
This is a perfect book for a young audience. It just bounces along! Lots of noises to attract attention - "Let's bounce like a frog! Ker-plop Ker-plop", rhymes and, most importantly, humour "If you bounce into a puddle, it's best to bounce in boots. If you MUST bounce in the market, it's best NOT to bounce in fruits!" the illustrations are bright and clear, and complement the text. Oh, and the last line makes all the parents smile (I'm sure the babies picked up on all the joy)!
Read at Baby Rhym...more
Kaethe
Cute. Best for energetic toddlers, very bad indeed as a bedtime book.
Fun and lively, this would be great for a preschool classroom. It takes us through all the ways to bounce ("...like a bunny...hip hop, like a frog...ker-plop"). The font in different sizes adds emphasis to bouncy words and the illustrations fairly bounce off the pages as well. There are plenty of laugh-out-loud lines, too: "Bouncing with your best friend is called a bouncing double. Bouncing on the couch is called big bouncing trouble."
Suzen
Cute, short read.
Snorkle
This is an okay book. I wasn't overly impressed with the text, but it was flippant and energetic. The illustrations were a strange mixture, cartoon mixed with cut-out photography. I might recommend.

*Taken from my book reviews blog: http://reviewsatmse.blogspot.com/2009...
Tam
Excerpt from book:
'C'mon! Let's bounce like a bunny! Hip hop, hip hop.
Let's bounce like a frog! Ker-plop. Ker-plop.
I'll bounce to the left . . . if you'll bounce to the right.
Bees bounce in the daytime. Bats bounce in the night.
Jaimee
Bounce with this adorably dog and his animal friends to an upbeat rhythm. Her other books are geared to children a little older. This books is simple but full of action. It best for Early Preschool and Preschool children.
Kelly
Nice, concise text with colorful illustrations. My 4-month-old daughter enjoyed it, but I think it would be best for kids who can act out parts as you're reading, like "C'mon! Let's bounce like a bunny!"
carissa
Recommended Ages: toddler - Pre-K

My husband I debate whether "Bounce" or "Wiggle" is better. I personally prefer "Wiggle", but do enjoy the energy of "Bounce", as do my children.
Adored and requested frequently by the resident toddler (who also lives by the "better to have bounced than to never have bounced at all" motto).
the Reeds
Kinda disappointed. We enjoyed Click Clack Moo and all her other barnyard stories that this seemed a bit of a letdown in comparison.
Angela
May 21, 2008 Angela rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents with young kids
Shelves: childrens-books
My daughter loves this book, she bounces everytime I read it. The text is funny and the pictures are super cute. Fun read for little ones.
Nick
This book is a fun one to read after recess or a snack. Its a simple story about how bouncing can be fun.
Youth Services
Another cute story from the team that did Wiggle, the sentences even have a "boucy" rhythm to them JD
Megan
Cute. I like these books because it gets the kids moving...Like Andrew needs that. :)
Daryl Murphy
PB48 – I really enjoyed this story all about bouncing and it had Great colorful pictures
Bridget R. Wilson
A great way to add movement to a dog story time. And the little dog is cute! :)
Lisa
Oct 10, 2008 Lisa rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone with young children
Shelves: children
Teaches children to be active (the different ways they can bounce).
Sarah Kramer
Jun 28, 2007 Sarah Kramer rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: babies/toddlers
Shelves: storytime-books
Shortened it a bit for the younger audience. Good interactive title.
Amanda Martinez Kirby
Not my favorite, but so much fun to do at storytime
Kristen
A good one-time read that got the kids up and moving.
  • We've All Got Bellybuttons!
  • Tanka Tanka Skunk!
  • The Baby Goes Beep
  • Farmyard Beat
  • What Shall We Do With The Boo Hoo Baby?
  • Clip-Clop
  • The Seals on the Bus
  • Can You Make a Scary Face?
  • Dog's Colorful Day: A Messy Story About Colors and Counting
  • Small Bunny's Blue Blanket
  • Duck Sock Hop
  • Move Over, Rover!
  • The Croaky Pokey!
Doreen Cronin was a practicing attorney in Manhattan when her first book Click, Clack Moo: Cows That Type became a publishing success. But her book was not published overnight, in fact, she had written this barnyard tale even before attending law school but only received rejection letters from publishers. Five years after submitting the original manuscript she got a call from a publisher who want...more
More about Doreen Cronin...
Click, Clack, Moo: Cows That Type Giggle, Giggle, Quack Diary of a Worm Dooby Dooby Moo Diary of a Spider

“It is better to have bounced and bumped than never to have bounced at all. ” 8 likes