Start by marking “Dangerous Ground (Dangerous Ground, #1)” as Want to Read:
Dangerous Ground (Dangerous Ground, #1)

Dangerous Ground (Dangerous Ground #1)

3.85 of 5 stars 3.85  ·  rating details  ·  3,087 ratings  ·  277 reviews
Special Agents for the Department of Diplomatic Security, Taylor MacAllister and Will Brandt have been partners and best friends for three years, but everything changed the night Taylor admitted the truth about his feelings for Will. And when Taylor was shot a few hours later, Will felt his reluctance to get involved was vindicated. For Will, the team and the friendship ha ...more
Published April 22nd 2008 by Loose Id, LLC (first published April 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Dangerous Ground, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dangerous Ground

Cut & Run by Abigail RouxSticks & Stones by Abigail RouxFish & Chips by Abigail RouxFaith & Fidelity by Tere MichaelsDivide & Conquer by Abigail Roux
Best Gay Cops/ Security Guards/P.I.'s
24th out of 611 books — 969 voters
Cut & Run by Abigail RouxZero at the Bone by Jane SevilleHot Head by Damon SuedeFaith & Fidelity by Tere MichaelsPromises by Marie Sexton
Favorite Gay Couples
67th out of 2,088 books — 2,633 voters

More lists with this book...

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter
REVIEW COMPLETED SEPTEMBER 2, 2012

Buddy read / my first but certainly not my last Josh Lanyon read

Photobucket

Taylor MacAllister and Will Brandt, Special Agents for the Department of Diplomatic Security, have been partners for three years. When Taylor tells Will how he really feels about him a lot of things changed because Will refused to get romantically involved with his partner. Will liked stability, reliability and predictability and he thinks that the commitment-shy Taylor is a bad relationsh
Monique ~ Sinfully... Addicted to All Male Romance
This is a fun little read...no great shakes! 3.5 Stars

Photobucket

The novella starts with our two MC's stumbling on a crashed plane in the High Sierra's National Park. The plane had been hijacked 4 months previous by a gang that had ripped off a Casino for the tidy sum of 2.3 million, killing two deputies in the getaway!...Oooh but they didn't just stumble on it by accident, no, they had been up in the Sierras camping most weekends, actively looking for the missing plane or some clues at least to it's wher
Ingela
Written September 8, 2014

3.7 Stars - A promising start at full speed for another good romantic crime series

Book #1

The first part in the audiobook Volume #1 - Armed and Dangerous: Four Dangerous Ground Novellas. ~ A three hours listening.

I felt that good familiar feeling immiedetly. This was another gentle, slow lingering start to a wonderful intense love story from Josh Lanyon's skillful pen.

***********************************************************

From the book blurb:
** Special Agents for the
Irina
This is a review of an audiobook.

I think I'm in love. With this amazing narrator's voice.

Listening to Adrian Bisson is such a wonderful experience. He can tell me stories every night and I will never get bored, just hearing that voice.

I'm not sure I can review the book itself properly. The story could have been told in Latin and I'd still end up loving it. Having not listened to an audio book in years and definitely not an MM Romance, I suspect it's mostly the beauty of novelty for me, but bec

Dangerous Ground is book one in a series by Josh Lanyon revolving around Taylor MacAllister and Will Brandt, two agents for the Bureau of Diplomatic Security. Partners on the job, best friends, and perhaps more.

As much as my head appreciated the concept of kicking off a series with a couple under pressure, uncertain, and in turmoil—I just couldn’t talk my heart into the idea. The emotion and air felt too unclear and shaky between Taylor and Will, which was the point actually. They were on danger
Christina
2.5 Stars

This was just an ok start to Lanyon's Dangerous Ground series. Taylor and Will are openly gay federal agents who are both partners and friends. Taylor wants more, however Will doesn't want to ruin their friendship or work relationship by taking things any further.

Lanyon has a great way of bringing everything alive around you. While Taylor and Will are camping, they stumble across a plane crash site along with a couple of million dollars. They find themselves in the middle of a chase whi
Sheri
Yep....

I think I love these boys.
Please pour some vino and let's move onto the next one!

*4 love-em-more-please stars*
Tina

Dangerous Ground is the first book of the same-named series and No. 17 in my Josh Lanyon shelf.

Guys, what an awesome read! Take two hot guys, suspense, crime and some breathtaking moments of danger, a not too long read.... and fortunately four more follow ups and you see a happy Tina. :D

Four stars for the introducing book. And now straightaway to book two 'Old Poison'.:)
Kelly
This was my first book by Josh Lanyon and it was an enjoyable little read. Will and Taylor were a very cute couple, there was plenty of action and witty, snarky dialogue. My only complaint was it was too short! I'd like to read more from this writer, hopefully a full-length novel next time.

Thanks ladies from the Corrupt Me group for reading this with me. It was fun!
Lena♥Ribka

This is a review of an audio book.

3,8 stars!

Adrian Bisson, you got the BEST out of this book.

You're the reason WHY I was listening to it.

You're the reason WHY I stopped to listen to the music during my running.

You're the reason WHY I was not able to skip the first sex scene that lasted 3 km! (I'm not a sprinter, BTW)

You're the reason WHY I forgot to roll my eyes.

You're the reason WHY.

Not the best of Josh Lanyon: too much ROMANCE, too much RELATIONSHIP, too much CLICHÉ for my test.
Too much spo
Adam
Taylor MacAllister and Will Brandt are partners in the Department of Diplomatic Security. The two are best friends, and also have feelings for each other. But when Taylor tried to take things further, Will rejected him. The two decide to go on a camping trip to repair their working relationship, but things go south when they come across a plane crash connected to a casino heist.

If there's one thing Lanyon's known for, it's his awesome crime mysteries. The mystery in 'Dangerous Ground' was defini
MishyJo
BR with Adam, to whom I owe sincere apologies. 2.5 stars. Something was missing. Okay, lots of things were missing. On to book 2.
Vanessa North
very short but pleasant enough action-packed read. Not really a mystery in this one, it was much more about the romantic relationship between the two guys.

(view spoiler)
Ije the Devourer of Books

Good novella and a great audiobook.

Susan

Group "Corrupt Me" - Buddy Read

This book was nothing special. I did like the characters - being introduced to Will & Taylor made me like their chemistry enough to read on in the series.

But the book itself was 1) too short and 2) too generic. Having read the Adrien English series, I realize that Josh Lanyon has a way of ending books in a way that makes me feel like he was in the middle of a sentence and just stopped. After each book, including Dangerous Ground, I'm left with a "huh?" in my he
Gigi
Yikes, this did nothing for me! I really did have high hopes, but I felt like story this started in the middle of the book and we were to assume a lot of things already. I actually went back and checked GoodReads and Amazon to make sure I had the book order correct because I was so lost. Maybe the chemistry between the MCs picks up later in the series, but I felt nothing for them in this book.

I'm going to quit while I am ahead and shelf the rest of this series DNF. Cannot recommend. Maybe I'll h
Heather C

I read Dangerous Ground last night and really enjoyed it. I must say that its been awhile since I've read M/M written in 3rd person POV and had forgotten how confusing all the "he"s can be. Lol. But I liked getting both characters perspective, too. I really liked how it started right in the middle of Taylor and Willl's conflict and I was given only bits and pieces of their past at a time. I can't wait to see wear their next adventure takes them.
*P*u*r*p*l*e* Masochist
3.5 I-love-you-guys-but-the-crime-scene-not-so-much stars

This review is posted on Way Too Hot Books.

"I know not everything I want is possible."
"What do you want?" Will asked. His fingers brushed Taylor's cheek, feeling the softness of beard over the hard planes of jaw. "Besides getting out of here alive." Taylor didn't speak for a moment.
"I want you," he said at last.

Action-packed, suspenseful, emotional and fast-paced bffs-to-lovers mm romance.

Here we have 2 smoking hot, bad-ass specia
Lisa Arbitrary - AttentionIsArbitrary M/M Blog
Jan 15, 2013 Lisa Arbitrary - AttentionIsArbitrary M/M Blog rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: m-m, gay, spy, cops, special agents,
Recommended to Lisa Arbitrary - AttentionIsArbitrary M/M Blog by: Andri
~~~

The aptly named Dangerous Ground is a story of two men who are trying to keep hold of a desirable relationship. The two are Special Agent partners who mesh well a a team. As the story moves forward we learn about their past and come to realize that there is, indeed, something to hold on to. Unfortunately, (or fortunately, if you like an element of instability in a story) the author keeps both men very precariously tip-toeing around their troubles.

At first, I was really only interested in one
Nina
Like the Josh of the Damned or Darwin's Theory series, here's another series of novellas that I'm gonna read in a month - tops.
I don't know why I waited so long to read this. I'm a huge Lanyon fan, but I had the misconception that most of the time in this novella the MCs were going to be apart, and while that could be an interesting concept, I'm usually interested in more... "close-contact" romance ;P
Anyway, obviously, this was great. Adrenalinic action and a marvelous romance - plus, that bath
Marc
This was a short story, so I really loved that it didn't waste time and just threw me into the events. It was interesting to get to watch the MCs figure out their changing dynamic and I must admit that the conflict between them was not what I thought it would be from the blurb and I found it refreshing. The plot was rather fast-paced and full of action and kept my attention up the whole time. I had a blast reading this book and can thoroughly recommend it ;)
Dina
I gave the original Dangerous Ground ebook 4 stars and I still stand by it, because the story itself deserves it. Unfortunately, I'm sorry to say this audiobook version didn't quite work for me. The narrator's rendition of Will's voice felt forced and I cringed a little every time I heard it.

So, how should I rate this? 4 stars for the story and 2 stars for the narration = 3 stars for the whole experience? Okay, I can live with that. ;)
Nic
Nice story with a good pace, interesting plot and good characters. Relatively short but follow up books in the series continue the story of Taylor and Will. This book (number 1) focuses on the start of their relationship and Will's reluctance to move beyond work partners.
Desinka
This was a decent and pleasant read. Not JL at her best but still very enjoyable. No time or energy for a review now. Moving on to the next one soon.
JR
May 04, 2013 JR rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone who likes a great book
Wow, just wow. I read this in one sitting. Loved every word, every punctuation mark. I think I licked my tablet to get all the goodness. Have I read a plot like this before, yep. Did this deter me, NO! It pushed all my buttons and I pushed right back.

This is a story about partnered Special Agents Taylor and Brandt. They are the best at what they do because they fit so well together. When they find out that they even share being gay, well that becomes the icing on the cake and the thorn in Tayl
Serena!
VENGHINO SIORI E SIORE! QUI SI SPARANO IDIOZIE AGGRATISE!

C'era una volta.. Un mondo buono, giusto, bello: tutti si amavano, non c'erano motivi per farsi la guerra, la fame e la malattia non esistevano, erano tutti ricchi e ben pasciuti. La gente era intelligente e colta e la cosa più brutta che potesse accadere era sbucciarsi un ginocchio....

NAH, era una burla: ma direi che a livello di irrealtà e di "Ma mi stai prendendo in giro, per caso?" ci siamo eccome!
La storia è semplicemente implausibile
Dreamer
Enjoyable if short m/m crime thriller. Loved the partnership of agents Will and Taylor.
Taylor's lashes lifted. "Did you mean it? What you said before about taking it one day at a time?"
"Yeah I meant it. Of course I did. I'm not letting you go without a fight."
Emma Sea
This reminded me of what I wanted Sticks and Stones to be. Very enjoyable. Sex in the hot spring was pushing belief though.
JustJen "Miss Conduct"

3.5 star review by The Blogger Girls.

Taylor and Will are work partners. Both are gay, but it’s a bit of a sore subject that Will won’t let them take things further for fear of damaging their friendship. In addition, Taylor is still not back to 100% after his injury, and he is having a bit of a hard time with Will babying him. So, the tension is a bit high. In an effort to try and salvage their friendship, Will convinces Taylor to go hiking.

The trip doesn’t seem to be as productive as Will had ho
Goodreads Librari...: Alternate Book Cover Clarification 12 176 Nov 14, 2012 05:09PM
  • Criss Cross (PsyCop, #2)
  • Mexican Heat (Crimes & Cocktails, #1)
  • Breaking Cover (Life Lessons, #2)
  • Sticks & Stones (Cut & Run, #2)
  • Deadly Wrong (Deadly Mystery, #2)
  • Hard Fall (Deputy Joe, #1)
  • Like Pizza and Beer (Dino Martini Mysteries, #2)
  • Not My Spook! (Spy vs. Spook, #2)
  • Trust Me If You Dare (Romano and Albright, #2)
  • L.A. Heat (L.A., #1)
  • 72 Hours
A distinct voice in gay fiction, multi-award-winning author JOSH LANYON has been writing gay mystery, adventure and romance for over a decade. In addition to numerous short stories, novellas, and novels, Josh is the author of the critically acclaimed Adrien English series, including The Hell You Say, winner of the 2006 USABookNews awards for GLBT Fiction. Josh is an Eppie Award winner and a three- ...more
More about Josh Lanyon...

Dangerous Ground (5 books)
  • Old Poison (Dangerous Ground, #2)
  • Blood Heat (Dangerous Ground, #3)
  • Dead Run (Dangerous Ground, #4)
  • Kick Start (Dangerous Ground, #5)
Fatal Shadows (Adrien English Mystery, #1) The Dark Tide (Adrien English Mystery, #5) Fair Game (All's Fair, #1) A Dangerous Thing (Adrien English Mystery, #2) Death of a Pirate King (Adrien English Mystery, #4)