Start by marking “How to Be an Adult: A Musician's Guide to Navigating Your Twenties” as Want to Read:
How to Be an Adult: A Musician's Guide to Navigating Your Twenties

How to Be an Adult: A Musician's Guide to Navigating Your Twenties

4.43 of 5 stars 4.43  ·  rating details  ·  21 ratings  ·  5 reviews
You know how to reconstruct an atom. You know how to deconstruct Shakespeare. But you don't know how to pay your taxes, get health insurance or roast a chicken. A right-brained manual for those in their 20s who want some direction on how to do all those things the professors neglected to teach: paying taxes, finding health insurance, getting along with crazy house-mates, c ...more
Paperback, First Edition, 207 pages
Published May 2nd 2008 by Mercy House

To ask other readers questions about How to Be an Adult, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How to Be an Adult

Jennifer Eremeeva
What a phenomenal resource this book is to adults of all ages! Whether you are just taking your tentative first steps into adulthood, or trying to finally get your act together, Nerissa Nields's How to Be An Adult explains the nuts and bolts of how to run your life so you can get on with living it. Warm, approachable, understandable and entertaining, this is a MUST READ for college grads.
Michaela O'Brien
Great 'how to' manual for anyone old enough to vote, drink, drive a car, cook, rent an apartment, get a mortgage, fix a broken toilet, get health/life/auto insurance, and/or figure out what you want to be when you grow up. Highly recommend as a great (and useful) gift for anyone on the cusp of adulthood. My only question is "Where was this book when I needed it 30 years ago?!"
Deidre
Invaluable resource for young adults. Worth every penny of the price, even if all you use it for is the fantastic roast chicken recipe! I bought a copy for my niece for her high school graduation and plan to do the same for all of my other nieces when they reach that point in their lives.
Tanya Emmert
I've read and re-read this one many times. I've been an adult for a while now, but it's still nice to have this big-sister in a book reminder. I also wish Nerissa could be my big sister in real life. ;-)
Kiwi
Feb 02, 2009 Kiwi rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Young Adults
Recommended to Kiwi by: Cathy
I adored this book. My mother's old friend Cathy gifted it to me for my high school graduation. I've always considered Cathy more of an aunt, especially since she lived closer to me than my bloodaunt. I loved receiving it.

Reading it was great fun. My mind dizzied some at the taxes section, but I felt I had a rather good amount of it down. At least the communication and relation to people part. It seems a lot of people have issues with that! So maybe I don't know how to change the oil in my car..
Maria Kotsur
Maria Kotsur marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2015
Lexy Luna
Lexy Luna marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2015
Gabriela Elena
Gabriela Elena marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2014
Cori
Cori marked it as to-read
May 17, 2014
Jacquelyn O'laughlin
Jacquelyn O'laughlin marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2014
Vicki
Vicki marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2014
Christine
Christine marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2014
Becca
Becca marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2014
Jerome
Jerome marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2014
Jonathan
Jonathan marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2014
Chelsea
Chelsea marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2013
Matt Campbell
Matt Campbell marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2013
Caleb
Caleb marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2013
Jerusha
Jerusha marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2013
Lynn
Lynn marked it as to-read
Angie Schaefer
Angie Schaefer marked it as to-read
Pamela
Pamela marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2013
  • Saving Scarlett (Saving Scarlett, #1)
  • Alphabet Soup For Grown-Ups
  • Bud the Crud and the Vampire (Werewolf Wars, #1)
  • Autopilot: The Art & Science of Doing Nothing
  • Designing for Behavior Change: Applying Psychology and Behavioral Economics
  • Do It Yourself Akashic Wisdom: Access the Library of Your Soul
  • Finding What Is
  • Seeing Symmetry
  • How to Get Out of This World Alive
  • Behind the Albergue Door: Inspiration Agony Adventure on the Camino de Santiago
  • A Great Sage and A Rascal Named Doku
  • Crush IT at College
  • When It Comes to Spooning, I'm a Fork
  • Desert Flower
  • The I Hate Mathematics Book
  • Tap It Away: 10 Minutes to Freedom with Eft
  • The Inner Citadel: The Meditations of Marcus Aurelius
  • The Hinge: The Importance of Mental Toughness
Plastic Angel All Together Singing in the Kitchen: Creative Ways to Make and Listen to Music as a Family XVII Songbook: The Nields XVII Songbook