Start by marking “Little Nemo in Slumberland, Vol. 1” as Want to Read:
Little Nemo in Slumberland, Vol. 1

Little Nemo in Slumberland, Vol. 1

4.58  ·  Rating Details  ·  31 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
The most comprehensive collection of the landmark comic strip by the legendary Winsor McCay. The first in a full color oversized collection of the signature strip from America's greatest comic illustrator of all time. It includes rare Nemo promo art, the series that featured many of Nemo's characters first " Tales of The Jungle Imp" in color, and that wonderful New strip f ...more
Published July 4th 2007 by Checker Book Publishing Group

To ask other readers questions about Little Nemo in Slumberland, Vol. 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Little Nemo in Slumberland, Vol. 1

Christina
Mar 14, 2011 Christina rated it it was amazing
The only improvement I would wish for this book is if it were larger. Like, ten feet tall would be a good size. Also, if I could physically enter the book in some way and not have to return to my former life, that would be appreciated as well.
Brian
Dec 21, 2007 Brian rated it really liked it
This book served as my introduction to McCay's Little Nemo, and I was blown away by the details of the strip. I felt the introduction did not set up the book very well, and the strip is wearisome to read for long periods of time, but it's also absolutely amazing A-R-T.
Rebecca Burns
Jan 16, 2012 Rebecca Burns rated it liked it
Parts of this collection really grabbed me and I was completely transfixed with Little Nemo and his world. The only reason it's a three is because there's a lot of filler so to speak, although the art was fantastical all throughout.
Jim
Jul 22, 2010 Jim rated it it was amazing
Physically Beautiful Comic Strip! I'd read about this for ages, and saw it in the of the Library. I do feel like I'm reading something all at once that should be read in bits, but all and all it is magic.
Leaflet
Oct 21, 2012 Leaflet rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics
Brilliant color and design. The only problem is that I had to use a magnifying glass to read the strips. My library has only the first volume - I wish I owned the complete set.
Adam
Mar 10, 2008 Adam rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Artists, and dreamers of all ages.
Shelves: graphic-comics
A visual treat.
Ashok Unny
Ashok Unny marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2016
David
David rated it really liked it
Jan 06, 2016
Philesciono Canty
Philesciono Canty marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2015
Jonathan Ehrich
Jonathan Ehrich marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2015
Jonathan O'Brien
Jonathan O'Brien rated it it was amazing
Sep 02, 2015
Jasikedevicius
Jasikedevicius rated it really liked it
Aug 27, 2015
Blythe Mulligan
Blythe Mulligan marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2015
Tiffany Overton
Tiffany Overton marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2015
Tiffany Overton
Tiffany Overton marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2015
James Brad
James Brad marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2015
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2015
Erica
Erica rated it it was amazing
Oct 08, 2014
Marcus
Marcus rated it it was amazing
Sep 22, 2014
Jakob
Jakob rated it it was ok
Sep 22, 2014
Kimberly Karalius
Kimberly Karalius marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2014
Lily
Lily marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2014
Karlie Marie
Karlie Marie marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2014
Elena
Elena marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2014
Bethany
Bethany marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2014
David Mchale
David Mchale rated it it was amazing
May 23, 2014
Karin
Karin rated it really liked it
Jan 25, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »
This is one of my all time favourites. 2 4 Aug 25, 2008 05:05PM
Was an American cartoonist and animator, best known for the comic strip Little Nemo (begun 1905) and the animated cartoon Gertie the Dinosaur (1914). For legal reasons, he worked under the pen name Silas on the comic strip Dream of the Rarebit Fiend.
A prolific artist, McCay's pioneering early animated films far outshone the work of his contemporaries, and set a standard followed by Walt Disney and
More about Winsor McCay...