Start by marking “The Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 2 Book for Digital Photographers” as Want to Read:
The Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 2 Book for Digital Photographers

The Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 2 Book for Digital Photographers

Written in concert with Adobe's development of the Photoshop Lightroom 2 Beta, The Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 2 Book for Digital Photographers - by #1 bestselling computer and technology author, Scott Kelby - is the most complete and concise Lightroom "how-to" book for digital photographers of all skill levels.
In The Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 2 Book for Digital Photographe
Published September 1st 2008 by New Riders Publishing (first published January 1st 2007)

Be the first to ask a question about The Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 2 Book for Digital Photographers

Apr 07, 2011 Jennifer rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: photography
Can't really remember much about this one...the most notable thing for me is that I chose to purchase the Martin Evening LR book (The Adobe PS LR 2 Book). I'm pretty sure that means I found some use in Kelby's book, but it didn't have what I was looking for. Helpful, huh?
Dawn
Feb 17, 2010 Dawn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An easy to use manual for Adobe Lightroom. I would pretty much recommend anything from Scott Kelby.
Gayle
Sep 01, 2009 Gayle rated it really liked it
I have been using this program for several months. However, this book helped me learn to use it more fully and efficiently.
Mary
Jan 05, 2011 Mary rated it it was amazing
Shelves: photography
Super helpful for a Lightroom user. I would recommend it to anyone trying to get a handle on this program.
Dec 08, 2010 Laura rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lightroom book : Mr. Kelby writes a good book for a rookie to start learning a software package. Very informative, interesting and funny. Please keep writing books.
Puja
Feb 17, 2010 Puja rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
Scott Kelby totally knows how to break down Adobe products for amateurs like me. Thanks buddy.
kimberly
Aug 05, 2009 kimberly rated it it was amazing
chatty and personal, with lots of great stuff on workflow.
Sean
Feb 17, 2010 Sean rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good book for covering the use of Lightroom 1.x. A little bit long winded and too much text wasted on the author's brand of humour.

The whole thing could be shortened to about 2/3 it's current size with judicious editing and nothing important would have been lost from it.

But over all I would definitely recommend this book for people getting into Lightroom 1.x. I believe there is an updated version of the book available for newer versions of the software.

Brett
Feb 17, 2010 Brett rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: photography
Even though Lightroom has undergone several updates since this book's printing, the book still remains relevant.

Kelby writes in a very unorthodox style... you have to read EVERYTHING in order to pickup all his tips. He tries to make it interesting though, just too much work for when I'm trying to go after the "nuggets", otherwise a 4 star for sure.

Heidi
Feb 17, 2010 Heidi rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
LOVE photography and constantly trying to learn more about it. I have Adobe Photoshop Lightroom-a new software to help you organize, store, edit photos. So far so good. I think most Photoshop software should come with a live-in tutor though. Huge learning curve.
Savitri
Dec 07, 2009 Savitri rated it it was amazing
Nice reference book. If you don't know anything about LR Scott will walk you through the different features and function. I've used LR for a few months now and learned quite a bit from video tutorials and this book gave me a few more nice tips and tricks.
Dan
Nov 29, 2011 Dan rated it really liked it
Need to learn Lightroom? Don't just want to rely on Presets? This book is for you! Kelby is the best photography teacher I've ever had!
Denis
Feb 17, 2010 Denis rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Lightroom users, digital photographers
Photoshop Lightroom is a powerful tool, and takes a little reading to discover some of the fancier features. This book does a good job of spoon feeding you the information.
David Timms
Jun 25, 2014 David Timms rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Lightroom enthusiasts
I am a PhotoShop kind of photo manipulator, apparently. Excellent info, but meh. I am not yet converted to Lightroom. (I have tried to use and like it, but prefer Photoshop!)
Trevor Parker
May 12, 2011 Trevor Parker rated it really liked it
Fun, simple, and very thorough walk through of Lightroom. I learned some handy techniques and some useful shortcuts.
Jeff
Jul 12, 2009 Jeff rated it it was amazing
One of the best Lightroom guides I have read. Follow the book and you will get many tips, and see the steps along the way. The author is one of the premier experts in the area of Lightroom.
Feather Rubio
Feather Rubio rated it it was amazing
Jan 05, 2015
Linda Scott
Linda Scott rated it it was amazing
Aug 13, 2016
Rick Moore
Rick Moore rated it really liked it
Jan 22, 2016
notnixon
notnixon rated it it was amazing
Mar 05, 2010
Sandy
Sandy rated it really liked it
May 04, 2012
ForeverJoy
ForeverJoy rated it it was amazing
Jan 08, 2016
Apostolos Nakas
Apostolos Nakas rated it really liked it
Jul 19, 2014
Jan Hansen
Jan Hansen rated it it was amazing
Feb 20, 2016
Lynn
Lynn rated it it was amazing
Nov 19, 2013
David Jones
David Jones rated it it was amazing
Jul 18, 2014
Matt
Matt rated it it was amazing
Apr 06, 2010
Sharon
Sharon rated it really liked it
Feb 17, 2010
Steve Peterson
Steve Peterson rated it it was amazing
Feb 10, 2014
Scott
Scott rated it it was amazing
Apr 15, 2012
  • The Hot Shoe Diaries: Big Light from Small Flashes (Voices That Matter)
  • Adobe Photoshop Restoration & Retouching (Voices That Matter)
  • Learning to See Creatively: Design, Color and Composition in Photography
  • The Photographer's Eye: Composition and Design for Better Digital Photos
  • Photoshop Compositing Secrets: Unlocking the Key to Perfect Selections & Amazing Photoshop Effects for Totally Realistic Composites
  • Within the Frame: The Journey of Photographic Vision
  • Simply Beautiful Photographs
  • Speedliter's Handbook: Learning to Craft Light with Canon Speedlites
  • The Negative (Ansel Adams Photography, #2)
  • Digital Photography Masterclass: Advanced Photographic and Image Manipulation Techniques for Creating Perfect Pictures
  • Adobe Photoshop Cs3 for Photographers: A Professional Image Editor's Guide to the Creative Use of Photoshop for the Macintosh and PC
  • Light: Science and Magic: An Introduction to Photographic Lighting
  • Newton's Telecom Dictionary: 22nd Edition (Newton's Telecom Dictionary)
Scott Kelby is an American author and publisher of periodicals dealing in Macintosh and Personal Computer software, specifically for design professionals, photographers, and artists.

Kelby is editor and publisher of Photoshop User and Layers magazines, president and co-founder of the National Association of Photoshop Professionals (NAPP) and is president of Kelby Media Group, an Oldsmar, Florida-ba
More about Scott Kelby...