Start by marking “Empty Arms: Hope and Support for Those Who Have Suffered a Miscarriage, Stillbirth, or Tubal Pregnancy” as Want to Read:
Empty Arms: Hope and Support for Those Who Have Suffered a Miscarriage, Stillbirth, or Tubal  Pregnancy

3.99 of 5 stars 3.99  ·  rating details  ·  86 ratings  ·  12 reviews
They are the most dreaded words an expectant mother can hear. As joy and anticipation dissolve into confusion and grief, painful questions refuse to go away: Why me? What did I do wrong? Doesn't God care? With the warmth and compassion of a licensed counselor and a Christian woman who has suffered miscarriage herself, Pam Vredevelt offers sound answers, advice, and reassur ...more
Published June 6th 2001 by Multnomah Books (first published March 1st 1984)

To ask other readers questions about Empty Arms, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Empty Arms

Jenny (Reading Envy)
Surprisingly, or maybe not so surprisingly, there are not very many resources out there for women going through miscarriages. This is an old standard, one I had seen my mother give to women at church after they'd gone through it. When I found myself in the same situation, I called her, and she shipped one to me immediately. Good old Mom, demonstrating love through books since 1978.

I would recommend this for others with reservations, and I want to be very clear on why I would only give this 3.5 s
Lisa Jacobson
Where do you turn when you suffer such a deep and personal loss as that of a miscarriage? Pam Vredevelt's book, Empty Arms, offers both encouraging hope and strong support for any woman who is going through the grief and pain of having lost a child. Not only does she offer tender spiritual and emotional support, she offers practical help and insight as well. I highly recommend this book to any mom who is looking for healing and comfort through this difficult season of loss.
Psflint
Good book with lots of good information to help cope, as the title says, with miscarriage, stillbirth, or tubal pregnancy. Having experienced the death of my 14-year-old son, I would say it has good information for dealing with that as well although the circumstances are somewhat different.
The book is very easy to read and is very geared toward those with Christian beliefs.
Caroline Niziol
Short, helpful read for women (and their husbands) who have experienced loss. I liked the holistic approach but would have liked more science and more information about how it's nearly impossible for women to cause a miscarriage during the normal course of life. I'd recommend this book.
Erin
This one took me awhile to get through. Not because it was bad, but because I needed time to take it in as I was ready. It was hard to read as it had no answers, but it will allow you to come out of the fog and remember that no one really does. I highly recommend this book to anyone who has gone through a miscarriage at any stage of pregnancy because I pray that through it you will find hope again as I did... Or maybe just a feeling that someone else actuallt understands. It still hurts, but res ...more
Rachel
Pam Vredevelt came to my home with flowers and gave me a copy of her book after hearing I'd had a miscarriage. Her compassion and heart for the grieving is genuinely evident, and it shines throughout her book. She has created a very helpful guide for bereft mothers trying to navigate the rocky road of grief after the loss of a child. I highly recommend it.
Kara Nichols
Really helpful.
Shalise Benjamin
This book is great for those of you who have lost a baby or had a miscarriage or who have had to deal with this suffering.
Sharon
Practical advice as well as sound spiritual counsel for those who have experienced a loss.
Lynda
helped me. a little too emotional for my taste. But that is all on me :)
Heather
To read and re-read. Lots of helpful, inspiring stories to help restore hope.
She
She marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2015
Delaney
Delaney marked it as to-read
May 27, 2015
Crystal
Crystal marked it as to-read
May 17, 2015
Joy Muller Fayard
Joy Muller Fayard marked it as to-read
May 13, 2015
Angela
Angela added it
May 03, 2015
Diana Conejo
Diana Conejo marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2015
CHERYLE  O'MALLEY
CHERYLE O'MALLEY marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2015
Kj Brazelton
Kj Brazelton marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Pam's reputation as a sought-after counselor, popular conference speaker, and best-selling author is built on her ability to explore real life issues with authenticity, warmth, and humor. Compelling stories, engaging faith, and perceptive insight give Pam the rare ability to inspire and empower audiences with practical tools for long lasting change.

Pam is married to her best friend, John, and has
More about Pam Vredevelt...
Angel Behind the Rocking Chair: Stories of Hope in Unexpected Places The Power of Letting Go: 10 Simple Steps to Reclaiming Your Life Espresso for Your Spirit: Hope and Humor for Pooped-Out Parents Espresso for a Woman's Spirit: Encouraging Stories of Hope and Humor Letting Go of Worry and Anxiety