Evaluation: A Systematic Approach

Evaluation: A Systematic Approach

3.11 of 5 stars 3.11  ·  rating details  ·  44 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Evaluation Relied on by over 90,000 readers as the text on designing, implementing, and appraising the utility of social programs through the use of evaluation methods, Evaluation 7th Edition has been completely revised to include the latest techniques and approaches to evaluation. Full description
Published November 5th 2003 by SAGE Publications, Inc (first published April 1st 1979)

Alexandra Chauran
Read this for my doctoral program. This sure covered the bases and was less of a yawn than some other books I read. However, it really grills my cheese when authors cite their own writing numerous times throughout the work. To me it says "hey, I didn't want to do a lot of research for this particular book." If I wanted to read all the stuff from your other periodicals and books, I would be reading those.
Melissa
As far as text books go, this one is good. It provides a Summary and Key Concepts at the end of every chapter which is perfect for us non-traditional students who are employed and have families.

THIS CLASS IS OVER~ The book was hardly used - we mostly used journal articles and did a program evaluation as a project.
Bernadet
I know it's kind of lame to review your textbooks, but a book is a book right? Anyhoo, this book is amazing. It's clear, minimizes jargon, and is sectioned off in a neat way (definitions for terms are provided at the end of each chapter plus real-life examples). Great book.
Bull
Jul 19, 2009 Bull is currently reading it Recommends it for: project managers, business owners
I am still reading but so far, there is a lot from evaluating programs within the organization to see if programs and project are feasible and achieving objectives. if not evaluation will recommend alternative strategies to help move projects forward.
Alex
I hate school!

As an evaluation book, I suppose it was alright. Not exactly thrilling, but easy to read.
Nakia
May 18, 2011 Nakia rated it 1 of 5 stars
Shelves: mpa
For my MPA Evaluation course, Spring 2011.
Carey
Robert
Robert added it
Feb 09, 2014
Mandi
Mandi marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2014
Drew
Drew added it
Jan 25, 2014
Anochaks
Anochaks marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2013
Rachel Claus
Rachel Claus marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2013
Kalam
Kalam marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2013
Peter Ntenda
Peter Ntenda marked it as to-read
Oct 14, 2013
Brandi
Brandi marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2013
Jody
Jody added it
Oct 11, 2013
Solomon Niguse
Solomon Niguse marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2013
Chris
Chris added it
Jul 08, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Handbook of medical sociology Workbook for Evaluation: A Systematic Approach Social Problems 3ed Policy Studies Review Annual America's troubles;: A casebook on social conflict