Haunted Heritage: A Definitive Collection of North American Ghost Stories

Haunted Heritage: A Definitive Collection of North American Ghost Stories

3.93 of 5 stars 3.93  ·  rating details  ·  141 ratings  ·  9 reviews
The latest in the bestselling series of Americana occult folklore collections that have included Haunted America and Historic Haunted America, Haunted Heritage brings together yet another amazing collection of spectral tales from all across the United States and Canada.

The tales-based on interviews, public records, and family histories-reach from coast-to-coast in the Unit...more
Published October 19th 2003 by Tor Books (first published September 5th 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Haunted Heritage, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Haunted Heritage

Bobby newman
A very good anthology of ghost stories. I enjoyed them very much.
Lauren
This book really embraces the folklore and story-telling of times past, but with current testimony and documentation as the stories unfold. Good Read for travel.
Cathy
I don't know what I was thinking, I wanted a book that gave me chills but wasn't as scary as The Shining (which I was too scared to read past page 80). This book made me roll my eyes. I read all about the family of Nathan Hale and the haunting part? It was about two sentences that said someone heard footsteps once and no one could say what had caused them. Lame-o! This book should be called Heritage with the Littlest Bit of Stupid Ghost Stories Thrown In.
Vicki G
This took too long to read, but not because it was boring. All the pressure I felt to finish it by a stupid deadline, which was governed by those damn reading challenges took all the enjoyment out of the story.
I'm pretty sure that NEXT year (xx) I'll be refusing the reading challenge.
I read to enjoy myself not to feel like I'm at work and racing against the clock to get things done.
Michael
This is my favorite book in the Haunted America series by Norman and his late co author, Ms Scott. It also marks the first appearance of ghost hunter and now published author Michael Renegar, ion 2 chapters, one called The Story Man!
Joel Manuel
Another in the long line of ghost story collections by Michael Norman and Beth Scott, in my opinion the most important "ghost authors" of the last 30 years (only rivaled by Holzer).
Shelley
scares the crap out of me every time I read it. Mostly because I always get the urge to read it around Halloween.
Audrey
Dec 09, 2008 Audrey marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: on-hold, history
I wanted to read this before Halloween. It's a history book/ book of ghost stories combination. So far so good...
Linda
Enjoyed this compilation of hauntings across the nation.
Erin Baker
Erin Baker marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2014
Julius
Julius is currently reading it
Sep 06, 2014
myswtghst
myswtghst marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2014
Katrina
Katrina marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2014
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Shane Dougall
Shane Dougall marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
Marie
Marie added it
Jun 13, 2014
Pamela Brody
Pamela Brody marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2014
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
May 31, 2014
Tracey Franklin
Tracey Franklin marked it as to-read
May 16, 2014
Pafoua
Pafoua added it
Apr 29, 2014
Raminta Urbonavičiūtė
Raminta Urbonavičiūtė marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2014
Michael Norman is a writer who makes his home in Western Wisconsin.

He is the author most recently of "The Nearly Departed: Minnesota Ghost Stories and Legends," published in 2009 by the Minnesota Historical Society Press.

He is the co-author with the late Beth Scott of the popular Haunted America series of ghost stories, and the co-author with writer Carol Roecklein of two vocabulary books written...more
More about Michael Norman...
Historic Haunted America Haunted America Haunted Wisconsin Haunted Homeland: A Definitive Collection of North American Ghost Stories The Nearly Departed: Minnesota Ghost Stories and Legends